NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black people still far more likely to be stopped and searched by police than other ethnic groups

+3
eddie
Raggamuffin
veya_victaous
7 posters

Go down

Black people still far more likely to be stopped and searched by police than other ethnic groups Empty Black people still far more likely to be stopped and searched by police than other ethnic groups

Post by Guest Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:48 am

Black people are still far more likely than other ethnic groups to be stopped and searched in almost every part of England and Wales despite concerted efforts to tackle the problem. The disclosure – following publication of detailed data from 39 forces – led to warnings that the continued “racial bias” would harm relations between minority communities and the police. An analysis by The Independent has established that in 36 of the forces black people are being targeted more than their white fellow citizens for the intrusive searches.

Black people still far more likely to be stopped and searched by police than other ethnic groups Dorset-map

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/black-people-still-far-more-likely-to-be-stopped-and-searched-by-police-than-other-ethnic-groups-10444436.html

Back to top Go down

Black people still far more likely to be stopped and searched by police than other ethnic groups Empty Re: Black people still far more likely to be stopped and searched by police than other ethnic groups

Post by veya_victaous Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:20 am

wow
surprised this is in the Uk (read the title and assumed USA)
i don't think it would be like that here, maybe over whites total but not over white westies/bogans.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Black people still far more likely to be stopped and searched by police than other ethnic groups Empty Re: Black people still far more likely to be stopped and searched by police than other ethnic groups

Post by Guest Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:21 am

veya_victaous wrote:wow
surprised this is in the Uk (read the title and assumed USA)
i don't think it would be like that here, maybe over whites total but not over white westies/bogans.

It gets worse:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/courts-are-biased-against-blacks-with-white-offenders-less-likely-to-be-jailed-for-similar-crimes-says-official-report-8959804.html

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:50 am

could this be socio economic instead of race based?
as in are most offenders poor and just more blacks are poor confused
the rate is quite high they are talking over 50% greater rate of incarceration.

Hope there is a statical answer for this and it is not as prevalent as the 2nd article suggests...
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:57 am

Judges and magistrates are institutionally racist, consistently handing down more lenient sentences to white criminals, an official Government study has revealed.

Try telling Rhea Page that.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:56 pm

veya_victaous wrote:could this be socio economic instead of race based?
as in are most offenders poor and just more blacks are poor confused
the rate is quite high they are talking over 50% greater rate of incarceration.

Hope there is a statical answer for this and it is not as prevalent as the 2nd article suggests...

I think it's based in class and poverty, yes Veya.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:47 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Judges and magistrates are institutionally racist, consistently handing down more lenient sentences to white criminals, an official Government study has revealed.

Try telling Rhea Page that.

One counter example doesn't disprove the evidence.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:21 am

Younger men are far more likely to be stopped and searched than older men... and all men are hugely more likely to be stopped and searched than women... must be because the police are institutionaly age-ist as well as sexist...!

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:49 am

It's been proven that most crime is committed by younger men.

The Home Office research paper on youth crime in England and Wales in 2009/10 shows that youngsters commit a ‘disproportionate’ amount of crime, as under-18s make up a tenth of the population but are responsible for 23 per cent of offences.

The vast majority of their crimes – around 860,000 – were committed by males, with 160,000 committed by females.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2150187/Under-18s-commit-quarter-crimes-Young-offenders-responsible-million-crimes-just-year.html
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:06 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Younger men are far more likely to be stopped and searched than older men... and all men are hugely more likely to be stopped and searched than women... must be because the police are institutionaly age-ist as well as sexist...!

lol!

I think for once, you are right tommy.  The law favors older, caucasian women at the top of the list.  Then older over younger.  And most of all, white over black.  The only person (in America) more likely to be given a walk than a white female, is a police officer.

http://www.crf-usa.org/brown-v-board-50th-anniversary/the-color-of-justice.html

and see,

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/11/men-women-prison-sentence-length-gender-gap_n_1874742.html

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:34 am

Also police targeting is driven by reported crimes and descriptions.

It is proven that young black men are hugely disproportionately responsible for crime.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:53 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Also police targeting is driven by reported crimes and descriptions.

It is proven that young black men are hugely disproportionately responsible for crime.

Illogical.
The majority of people who commit crimes are white. It does not matter in regards to a disparity on how many blacks have been convicted, when as seen there is discrimination also on convictions and sentencing. The same patters happens on stop and search, arrests, convictions and sentencing to blacks. That is damning evidence there is clearly some issues going on here/ That there could be racism. There could be a stigma attached like you have based around a number of people convicted for crimes, even though many blacks are in jail for drug related issues. None of which should even be crimes in many cases. There could be a poor stereotype held within by some Police. There is many reasons but all of them need attention because blacks continue to face this discrimination. A disparity in crime stats, neglecting many factors that lead to crime, is not a reason to think its acceptable to discriminate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:00 am

The majority of people stopped and searched are also white so what's your point?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:02 am

Tommy Monk wrote:The majority of people stopped and searched are also white so what's your point?

Try reading the article as that has the main point being made.
Discrimination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:10 am

The majority of crimes are committed by whites and whites are stopped and searched the most, and also make up the most in prison... so what's your point!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:15 am

Tommy Monk wrote:The majority of crimes are committed by whites and whites are stopped and searched the most, and also make up the most in prison... so what's your point!?

See previous posts as to my points, as I am not going to repeat myself for you/

Here is what the article states:

Black people are still far more likely than other ethnic groups to be stopped and searched in almost every part of England and Wales despite concerted efforts to tackle the problem.

The disclosure – following publication of detailed data from 39 forces – led to warnings that the continued “racial bias” would harm relations between minority communities and the police.

The main points are clear.
There is still problems within Police forces, these need to be tackled
There is still a case for racial bias, this needs to be tackled.
Relationships with the Police will lose further trust when the point is to gain them, where there has been a history racism within the Police forces.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:51 am

No, this is because blacks are far much more likely to be responsible for crime than other ethnic groups...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:14 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:No, this is because blacks are far much more likely to be responsible for crime than other ethnic groups...

That is illogical if whites commit the most crimes. Whites would be far more responsible for committing crimes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:35 pm

Whites are responsible for most crimes and get stopped and searched more because whites are the vast majority of the UK population.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:41 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Whites are responsible for most crimes and get stopped and searched more because whites are the vast majority of the UK population.

You are just rehashing your former points.
Let me know when you have something new.
Read the article first to understand why your points are very moot here

Have a good day

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:36 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:This problem is far more nuanced than any of you are making out.

It's not overt racism either. Police develop a bias by what they see on the streets and some of these areas may be largely ethnic.

For other reasons, read from page 31:

http://policeauthority.org/metropolitan/downloads/stop-search/stop-search-report-2004.pdf

For stats in your area:

http://www.stop-watch.org/your-area/area/metropolitan

Odd as I stated it could be a number of factors and named only 3, racial, stigma and stereotype.
Granted its not just blacks either as Muslims faced the most ineffective policy of the anti-terrorism stop and search which did not yield one conviction. So I agree with your points but it was points I was making. Racism will certainly play a part in some of the stop and searches.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:38 pm

The main thing of note from that map is, apart from the city of London, the two highest areas do not have a large black population.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:22 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Odd as I stated it could be a number of factors and named only 3, racial, stigma and stereotype.
Granted its not just blacks either as Muslims faced the most ineffective policy of the anti-terrorism stop and search which did not yield one conviction. So I agree with your points but it was points I was making. Racism will certainly play a part in some of the stop and searches.

Lol! I didn't make any points. I was citing a report.

What you didn't mention was the effect of geography on crime and racial demographics. That's quite critical.

Its very important I agree, which is why I said many factors. All of which the 3 I stated would be of higher importance than geography. As geography would not come into the equation without stigma or stereotype. The main 3 are the most important and geography would be a secondary factor.
You did make a point.

This problem is far more nuanced than any of you are making out. 

It's not overt racism either. Police develop a bias by what they see on the streets and some of these areas may be largely ethnic. 

Not that it matters as I agree with your points to a certain degree

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:47 pm

Nems wrote:The main thing of note from that map is, apart from the city of London, the two highest areas do not have a large black population.

I noticed that, too. Interesting.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:08 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Its very important I agree, which is why I said many factors. All of which the 3 I stated would be of higher importance than geography. As geography would not come into the equation without stigma or stereotype. The main 3 are the most important and geography would be a secondary factor.
You did make a point.

This problem is far more nuanced than any of you are making out. 

Not that it matters as I agree with your points to a certain degree

No, I was citing the report. Lol! Try reading the report.

I read the report
You claimed outside the report.
Grow up my boy, the day you propose something intelligent most people will suffer a stroke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:42 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Fuzzy Zack wrote:

No, I was citing the report. Lol! Try reading the report.

I read the report
Grow up my boy, the day you propose something intelligent most people will suffer a stroke

Haven't quite lost the thug in you have you Didge?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:48 pm

Merseyside Police are on white people aged between 18 and 24

The vast majority of police “stop and searches” on Merseyside were on people from a white ethnic background and aged between 18 and 24.

For the first time, police forces in England and Wales are making detailed data on their use of stop and search powers publicly available on a monthly basis.

The information, which is published online on the police.uk website, allows residents to see figures for the number of stops and their outcomes.

It also covers the time of day stops are made.

In terms of outcomes, the vast majority (73%) of stop and searches carried out by Merseyside police in June resulted in no further action being taken. Only 6% led to the suspect being arrested, with 3% being summoned to court.

The majority of stop and searches were on the 18-24 age group, and occurred most frequently between the hours of midnight and 3am, and 6pm to 9pm.

Controlled drugs were the object most commonly found in such searches (73%).

The move to make the information publicly available is part of a drive by the Government to increase transparency over the controversial stop and search tactics.

Merseyside Police said it was “committed to making the most effective use of stop and search powers in the pursuit of community safety, to reduce crime and the number of victims of crime in Merseyside.”

A force spokesperson added: “Figures for the period April 2014 to March 2015 show a 42% decrease in the number of stop and searches conducted in the Merseyside area compared with the previous financial year, with 93.3% of people stopped from a white ethnic background.
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/majority-stop-searches-carried-out-9808224

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:21 pm

Nems wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

I read the report

Haven't quite lost the thug in you have you Didge?

How is that Nems, because you are a pathetic racist homophopbic wankstain that what you say matters?
Please I am beyond your reasoning of being a racist fuckwit
So you think I am a thug, I think you are a racist fuckwit, who cares little for people if they have a different skin colour from you.
You had to attempt to start a fight here, that is the sign of a pathetic coward of a thug. No doubt if you had your way you would send all black people into a gas chamber because you are a hateful pathetic scumbag
Anything else or do you wish to start here and ensure I will finish showing you up for the twat that you are?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down