NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sir Cliff Richard's Berkshire property searched by police

+2
eddie
Tommy Monk
6 posters

Go down

Sir Cliff Richard's Berkshire property searched by police Empty Sir Cliff Richard's Berkshire property searched by police

Post by Guest Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:51 pm

Police have searched a Berkshire property belonging to Sir Cliff Richard in relation to an alleged historical sex offence.

No arrests have been made and Sir Cliff, 73, who is abroad, said the allegation was "completely false".

Police said the allegation involved a boy under 16.

The BBC understands it relates to an alleged sexual assault at a 1985 event where US preacher Billy Graham appeared at Bramall Lane, Sheffield.

The allegation is believed to have been reported to police recently.

The search in Sunningdale was carried out by South Yorkshire Police, which told the BBC it did not force entry to the property.

The investigation is not connected to Operation Yewtree and police said officers from that operation - set up by the Metropolitan Police to investigate hundreds of allegations in the wake of the Jimmy Savile scandal - had been notified.

Thames Valley Police said it had assisted the South Yorkshire force with the execution of a search warrant at the property.

Eight plain-clothed police officers in five unmarked cars arrived to conduct the search which ended at about 15:30 BST.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28790718

Apparently at a Billy Graham meeting! Rumours have circulated for years that he had links to Elm House, we shall have to see.

Back to top Go down

Sir Cliff Richard's Berkshire property searched by police Empty Re: Sir Cliff Richard's Berkshire property searched by police

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:27 pm

I put this up a few weeks ago....

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t5802-who-was-on-the-covered-up-peado-list
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Sir Cliff Richard's Berkshire property searched by police Empty Re: Sir Cliff Richard's Berkshire property searched by police

Post by eddie Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:32 pm

Let's wait and see.
Cliff Richard always seemed sexless to me?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:58 pm

Police probing historic sex abuse claims against Sir Cliff Richard say "a number of people" have come forward with new information following Thursday's search of his home.

The singer's Berkshire penthouse was scoured for five hours by officers from South Yorkshire and Thames Valley Police as part of an investigation into an alleged sexual assault on a young boy at a religious event in 1985.

Sir Cliff, who was away in Portugal when the search took place, firmly denied any wrongdoing and hit out at the fact BBC journalists were apparently tipped off about the plan.

The broadcaster's head of newsgathering Jonathan Munro said today the information did not come from South Yorkshire Police.

South Yorkshire Police today issued a statement in response to claims the force had tipped off the media ahead of the search.

It said: "When a media outlet contacted SYP with information about an investigation, we took the decision to work with them in order to protect the integrity of that investigation.

"Since the search took place a number of people have contacted the police to provide information and we must acknowledge that the media played a part in that, for which we are grateful."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/police-probing-sir-cliff-richard-4056072#ixzz3AUbU9gbW
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:03 pm

He is going to have some welcoming committee waiting for him when he arrives back in the UK from Portugal. It'll be the media scrum to end all media scrums I would think.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:04 pm

I would imagine, they will be falling over themselves!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:06 pm

I hope it isn't true,I really do.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:09 pm

We'll have to see Fluff, we all said that about Rolf Harris.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:13 pm

Irn and Sassy, I sense you object to the potential media reaction?  Why is that? Sir Cliff Richard's Berkshire property searched by police Questi14 Do you think he's innocent? Innocent until proven guilty, it should be for all. It's not though is it  No

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:15 pm

feelthelove wrote:Irn and Sassy, I sense you object to the potential media reaction?  Why is that? Sir Cliff Richard's Berkshire property searched by police Questi14 Do you think he's innocent? Innocent until proven guilty, it should be for all. It's not though is it  No

Nope FTL, just think it is inevitable that they will be all over him. Think we will just have to wait and see what evidence they come up with and if it actually goes to trial, they haven't even got that far yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:18 pm

It was only a matter of time before they started on Cliff Richard ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:19 pm

Why?

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:27 pm

feelthelove wrote:Irn and Sassy, I sense you object to the potential media reaction?  Why is that? Sir Cliff Richard's Berkshire property searched by police Questi14 Do you think he's innocent? Innocent until proven guilty, it should be for all. It's not though is it  No

I was talking about a media scrum - nothing more. I have absolutely no problem with the media reporting on this story in the way they have. Like everyone else he is innocent until proved guilty in a court of law.

Hope that clears that up.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:44 pm

Irn Bru wrote:He is going to have some welcoming committee waiting for him when he arrives back in the UK from Portugal. It'll be the media scrum to end all media scrums I would think.

I thought I'd read he was in Barbados and had headed out there a few weeks ago?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:50 pm

eddie wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:He is going to have some welcoming committee waiting for him when he arrives back in the UK from Portugal. It'll be the media scrum to end all media scrums I would think.

Said on the new he was is Portugal where he has a vinery, normally stays there until the grapes are brought in, then goes to Barbados, but he is supposed to be heading back.   As he is no longer a UK Citizen, I just wonder if he will.  He now has a Barbadian passport, which in itself is a bit odd, although that could be because there are some properties in Barbados you cannot buy unless you are a citizen of Barbados.

Last edited by Sassy on Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:52 pm

Sassy wrote:
eddie wrote:

Said on the new he was is Portugal where he has a vinery, normally stays there until the grapes are brought in, but he is supposed to be heading back.   As he is no longer a UK Citizen, I just wonder if he will.

And when did he become "no longer a British citizen"??
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:53 pm

Sassy wrote:Why?

He's a celebrity who is dear to the British people, and a rather private person. It was only a matter of time before they looked for something to accuse him of.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:54 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Sassy wrote:Why?

He's a celebrity who is dear to the British people, and a rather private person. It was only a matter of time before they looked for something to accuse him of.

What! You think the police are going to investigate him because of that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:56 pm

Maybe his next release will be...

Whoa! I'm Going To Barbados

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:58 pm

We all know Cliff Richard loves Barbados.

What may be less well-known is that Cliff is now an official Barbadian citizen.

Cliff has revoked his UK residency and has somehow managed to wangle himself a new passport.

Cliff no longer pays any tax to HMRC.

“I’m officially a non-resident, although I will always be British and proud of it,” says Sir Cliff.

His spokesman, Bill Latham, confirms that Sir Cliff is a citizen of Barbados, where, after selling his house in Weybridge, Surrey, in 2006, he now spends most of his time…

..the singer, who retains a flat in Sunningdale, Berkshire, has not paid tax to the British Government on money he earns outside the country for some years.”

Some people in Barbados have queried how Cliff acquired citizenship which is usually only possible via marriage.

According to the Barbados Free Press:

” Sir Cliff is a full citizen of Barbados.

Is this report correct? Did I miss it in the Barbados news media?

Sir Cliff is always pushing Barbados and we thank him for that. We have no issues at all with him acquiring Bajan citizenship and we welcome him to the family.

We do have questions though – about who gets Bajan citizenship, the process and the rules. We can’t find a comprehensive guide published by the Barbados government and we wonder if the whole process isn’t quite arbitrary.

We’d love to hear from some Immigration staff on this one!“

Another commentator said:

“ I was under the impression the only way to become a citizen was to marry a Bajan! Otherwise you apply for residency, I’ll be very interested to hear the official outcome of this.”

Why has Cliff become a non-dom?

Why was Cliff unusually granted full Barbadian citizenship?

Why does Cliff spend months and months hiding out in Barbados?

What rights does Cliff have if he has a brush with the law in the UK?

What help could Cliff expect from the Barbadian Embassy?

We haven’t got the foggiest idea.

Have you?

http://thecolemanexperience.wordpress.com/2013/05/02/why-has-cliff-richard-become-barbadian-2/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:58 pm

Irn Bru wrote:Maybe his next release will be...

Whoa! I'm Going To Barbados

Oh very quick lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:59 pm

I have a feeling this will open a real can of worms to be honest
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:01 pm

Sassy wrote:We all know Cliff Richard loves Barbados.

What may be less well-known is that Cliff is now an official Barbadian citizen.

Cliff has revoked his UK residency and has somehow managed to wangle himself a new passport.

Cliff no longer pays any tax to HMRC.

“I’m officially a non-resident, although I will always be British and proud of it,” says Sir Cliff.

His spokesman, Bill Latham, confirms that Sir Cliff is a citizen of Barbados, where, after selling his house in Weybridge, Surrey, in 2006, he now spends most of his time…

..the singer, who retains a flat in Sunningdale, Berkshire, has not paid tax to the British Government on money he earns outside the country for some years.”

Some people in Barbados have queried how Cliff acquired citizenship which is usually only possible via marriage.

According to the Barbados Free Press:

” Sir Cliff is a full citizen of Barbados.

Is this report correct? Did I miss it in the Barbados news media?

Sir Cliff is always pushing Barbados and we thank him for that. We have no issues at all with him acquiring Bajan citizenship and we welcome him to the family.

We do have questions though – about who gets Bajan citizenship, the process and the rules. We can’t find a comprehensive guide published by the Barbados government and we wonder if the whole process isn’t quite arbitrary.

We’d love to hear from some Immigration staff on this one!“

Another commentator said:

“ I was under the impression the only way to become a citizen was to marry a Bajan! Otherwise you apply for residency, I’ll be very interested to hear the official outcome of this.”

Why has Cliff become a non-dom?

Why was Cliff unusually granted full Barbadian citizenship?

Why does Cliff spend months and months hiding out in Barbados?

What rights does Cliff have if he has a brush with the law in the UK?

What help could Cliff expect from the Barbadian Embassy?

We haven’t got the foggiest idea.

Have you?

http://thecolemanexperience.wordpress.com/2013/05/02/why-has-cliff-richard-become-barbadian-2/

This is what I was driving at.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:02 pm

Sassy wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

What!   You think the police are going to investigate him because of that.

Yes I do.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:04 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Sassy wrote:

What!   You think the police are going to investigate him because of that.

Yes I do.

You do know that they have to convince a judge that they have some good reasons before they get a search warrant, they are not just handed out willy-nilly?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:05 pm

Sassy wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Yes I do.

You do know that they have to convince a judge that they have some good reasons before they get a search warrant, they are not just handed out willy-nilly?

They don't need much convincing these days ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:05 pm

Raggs did you not read what sassy just posted about Barbados?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down