NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Germans Protest In 14 Cities Against Merkel’s Stance On Greece

Go down

Germans Protest In 14 Cities Against Merkel’s Stance On Greece Empty Germans Protest In 14 Cities Against Merkel’s Stance On Greece

Post by Guest Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:38 pm

Germans Protest In 14 Cities Against Merkel’s Stance On Greece Screen-Shot-2015-07-18-at-8.52.13-AM

Germans, angry at their government’s handling of Greek debt negotiations and what they perceive to be unfair treatment against Greece, have organized demonstrations in 14 German cities, including a large one outside the German finance ministry in Berlin— seat of Dr. Wolgang Schauble.

Protesters have vowed to continue demonstrations, with protests set to take place outside the German Parliament and again at the finance ministry in Berlin every Wednesday, aiming to share their opposition to their government’s treatment of Greece.

“I’m furious with these criminals,” a Greek teacher who has lived in Germany all her life told the Guardian. “I don’t want my taxes supporting this criminal coup.”

Hannah Eberle, spokeswoman for the movement organizing the protests in Germany, told Newsweek in an interviewthat Merkel’s government’s behavior has been undemocratic and aggressive. She says the protests aim to show Greece and the rest of Europe that there is another sympathetic side to Germany.

https://www.popularresistance.org/germans-protest-in-14-cities-against-merkels-stance-on-greece/

Back to top Go down