NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vegans.. yes there is something wrong with them

+5
Lone Wolf
Ben Reilly
eddie
Raggamuffin
veya_victaous
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Vegans.. yes there is something wrong with them  - Page 2 Empty Vegans.. yes there is something wrong with them

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:38 am

First topic message reminder :

Vegans.. yes there is something wrong with them  - Page 2 JJejTfl

Vegans.. yes there is something wrong with them  - Page 2 J0YqYK6

Vegans.. yes there is something wrong with them  - Page 2 Z4JDWR6

Vegans.. yes there is something wrong with them  - Page 2 XnVvPxH

Vegans.. yes there is something wrong with them  - Page 2 I2V4gGg

Vegans.. yes there is something wrong with them  - Page 2 FnY6qtU

Last edited by veya_victaous on Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Vegans.. yes there is something wrong with them  - Page 2 Empty Re: Vegans.. yes there is something wrong with them

Post by eddie Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:41 am

This is interesting:

The eight cruelest foods you'll eat:

http://www.prevention.com/food/healthy-eating-tips/animal-cruelty-and-food/8-pork
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Vegans.. yes there is something wrong with them  - Page 2 Empty Re: Vegans.. yes there is something wrong with them

Post by Guest Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:48 am

Only eat beef and pork of those (my eggs are free range from a farm near here, so I know that are not kept in cages). I won't eat Danish pork or bacon because of the conditions they are kept in. I'm very sad to say that our butcher, who supplied wild rabbit etc, has been forced to close which is really sad. Was actually in the UK press because he had had trouble with Londoners who had moved here complaining about the game in the window.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:17 pm

It is best to eat organic produce where snd when you can but it is too dear for some people.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:22 pm

We were lucky with our butcher because he actually worked out cheaper, and you don't find that very often, because he got a lot of it when farmers wanted to get rid of rabbits etc he would buy them and he kept his cows for free on the meadows. I know where there is an organic farm, but as you say, really expensive and I can't run to that. Will have to keep my eyes peeled. We have a farmers market once a month, veg fantastic meat prices sky high. I use honey, was going to get some from the beekeeper there, £5.50 a pot, no way!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:56 pm

There was an article in several papers some time ago. It was proven that there is no difference in nutrition between organic and non organic. Just a way of conning folk to pay more for their groceries.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:12 pm

Clear differences between organic and non-organic food, study finds

Research is first to find wide-ranging differences between organic and conventional fruits, vegetables and cereals

Organic food has more of the antioxidant compounds linked to better health than regular food, and lower levels of toxic metals and pesticides, according to the most comprehensive scientific analysis to date.

The international team behind the work suggests that switching to organic fruit and vegetables could give the same benefits as adding one or two portions of the recommended "five a day".

The team, led by Prof Carlo Leifert at Newcastle University, concludes that there are "statistically significant, meaningful" differences, with a range of antioxidants being "substantially higher" – between 19% and 69% – in organic food. It is the first study to demonstrate clear and wide-ranging differences between organic and conventional fruits, vegetables and cereals.

The researchers say the increased levels of antioxidants are equivalent to "one to two of the five portions of fruits and vegetables recommended to be consumed daily and would therefore be significant and meaningful in terms of human nutrition, if information linking these [compounds] to the health benefits associated with increased fruit, vegetable and whole grain consumption is confirmed".

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2014/jul/11/organic-food-more-antioxidants-study

That was July last year.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:06 pm

Nicko it's better for you, so they say.
I'd rather buy organic if I can.

Take organic carrots: they say you shouldn't peel a carrot as the best nutritional value of it is just right under the first layer of "skin" which most people peel off. With organic carrots no need to peel, just rinse and chop.

No harsh sprays on organic produce - that's what they say anyway.
But they have been known to lie and change their minds.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:12 pm

nicko wrote:There was an article in several papers some time ago. It was proven that there is no difference in nutrition between organic and non organic.  Just a way of conning folk to pay more for their groceries.

Organic = shit quality at a higher price.

What does organic even mean? Everything is either animal, vegetable or mineral, and the first two are organic. So inorganic means I'm eating a steel pipe? I don't think so.

It's like when someone uses the label 'natural'. Is there anything that isn't natural? Even synthetics are derived from natural.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:41 pm

What does organic even mean? Everything is either animal, vegetable or mineral, and the first two are organic

Er - No.

Perhaps you need to read up on what organic actually means.

http://www.soilassociation.org/whatisorganic

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:22 pm

sassy wrote:
What does organic even mean? Everything is either animal, vegetable or mineral, and the first two are organic

Er - No.

Perhaps you need to read up on what organic actually means.  

http://www.soilassociation.org/whatisorganic

You think? Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:56 am

in the US they don't use organic like the rest of the world does
like Imperial system they just weird like that Vegans.. yes there is something wrong with them  - Page 2 2190311264

Everywhere else it means it has not used synthetic fertilizers pesticides etc
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:42 pm

Organic is great!!!

More taste, nutritional value etc and no poisonous toxins.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:59 am

Vegans.. yes there is something wrong with them  - Page 2 8YWUvQu
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:14 am

Vegans.. yes there is something wrong with them  - Page 2 41W0O1t
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:42 pm

Vegans.. yes there is something wrong with them  - Page 2 Pearls-before-swine

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:40 am

Vegans.. yes there is something wrong with them  - Page 2 A7mzkRx
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:03 am

Vegans.. yes there is something wrong with them  - Page 2 Tumblr_ltu8tbNVCo1qg3kdno1_1280

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:07 am

Vegans.. yes there is something wrong with them  - Page 2 Vegan%20tho_zps4fl6vmus

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:03 am

Vegans.. yes there is something wrong with them  - Page 2 Tumblrs-greatest-hits-vegetables-and-sadness-morning
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:50 am

For Victor
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:39 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:Sorry - but all the vegans I know look and smell wierd.

And I think it's child abuse to raise your children vegan.

One of my friends has stopped raising their children vegan as their growth was faltering.

as a Muslim you would know all about child abuse my dear fuzzmuck, we all know what happens to young Muslim boys in qur'an study time eh?? - same thing that happens to catholic chior boys - face rape and sodomy

but pleasantries aside, i agree with you - we seem to be doing that alot these days now that youve grown up - vegans are weak and puny human beings, they will be the first to fall when the walking dead rise up and anyy parent that raises their child as such is inflicting physical abuse on their kids

but then again fat parents who have fat little mcdonald scoffing piglets for children are no less abusive

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:26 pm

Yep, agree there smelly, the ones that stuff their little fat kids full of junk are just as abusive!

I agree with you both regarding the vegans; it's ok of you choose, as an adult, your food and lifestyle choices, but to force your children?
That's a no-no.

I'm a pescatarian; I eat fish but no meat.
I still give my family meant but we also have meat-free days where I'll give them fish or quorn (ie sweet potato and quorn curry)

They can then decide for themselves. Just as I did.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:51 am

Vegans.. yes there is something wrong with them  - Page 2 KSTxaRr
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:17 pm

lol!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2