NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

alton towers crash victim has leg amputated!!!

Go down

alton towers crash victim has leg amputated!!! Empty alton towers crash victim has leg amputated!!!

Post by Guest Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:46 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1498207/alton-towers-crash-victim-has-leg-amputated

poor girl so sad...

Back to top Go down

alton towers crash victim has leg amputated!!! Empty Re: alton towers crash victim has leg amputated!!!

Post by Guest Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:58 pm

only 17 bless her Sad

Back to top Go down

alton towers crash victim has leg amputated!!! Empty Re: alton towers crash victim has leg amputated!!!

Post by Guest Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:02 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:only 17 bless her Sad

her compensation will be substantial and so it should be but it really is a tragic accident..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:06 pm

is it an "accident" though

i think before assuming that I would want to see the technical report

was the maint up to schedule
were the materials used up to standard

and all that sort of thing

Becasue when mechanical things go awry, Its usually somebody's fault

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:06 pm

But i agree...whatever the cause...its tragic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:09 pm

darknessss wrote:is it an "accident" though

i think before assuming that I would want to see the technical report

was the maint up to schedule
were the materials used up to standard

and all that sort of thing

Becasue when mechanical things go awry, Its usually somebody's fault

if the park has in anyway been lapsed in it's safety they will be severely dragged over the coals that is for sure...

I hope it doesn't get pinned on some poor 20 year old ride operator though, as a scapegoat...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:12 pm

darknessss wrote:But i agree...whatever the cause...its tragic

I hope it isn't just one person who is the ride operator because that poor soul is going to be feel ery guilty .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:59 pm

darknessss wrote:But i agree...whatever the cause...its tragic

Agreed, it's very sad particularly as the people injured are so young.  Notice no denial from Alton Towers, they've held their hands up and are taking responsibility, exactly the right and moral thing to do.  I admire that.  Profits have never once been put ahead of safety since this dreadful accident  Sad

There will be a full investigation.  All parties will be involved including designers, manufacturers, installers, operators, safety systems, suppliers etc.  Unfortunately it won't change the outcome but hopefully improve safety for the future.

I know you question if it was actually an accident Victor. It seems there are very few accidents these days, there is always someone responsible, someone to blame. In this case sadly you are probably right.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:53 pm

This sort of thing rarely happens though to be fair, so obviously, these theme parks are run meticulously and checked often.

The poor girl has only one leg but at least she's alive.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down