NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10 Stunning Photos From The 2015 National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest

Go down

10 Stunning Photos From The 2015 National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest Empty 10 Stunning Photos From The 2015 National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest

Post by Guest Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:37 am

The 2015 National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest inspires a wanderlust within us like nothing else. The photos submitted from all over the world capture the beauty of natural wonder and cultures so different from our own.
If you're a photographer that would like to see your work featured in the series, submissions for the photo contest are open until June 30. The winner of the contest will receive an eight-day National Geographic Expedition to Costa Rica and the Panama Canal for two.
For the rest of us, we'll just take a tour of the world via our screens. Scroll through the photos below for some awe-inspiring action and click here to see some of the other featured shots:

1. Höfn, Iceland
10 Stunning Photos From The 2015 National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest O-SOPHIE-CARR-900
"This is taken at the volcanic beach at Stokksnes in southeastern Iceland in February 2015. I used a two-second exposure to capture the water trails as the waves receded over rocks at the edge of the beach, just as the sun was setting behind me, illuminating the mighty Vesturhorn mountain and some peaks in the far distance."
(Photo and caption by Sophie Carr/ National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest)

2. Taichung City, Taiwan
10 Stunning Photos From The 2015 National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest O-DEFAULT-900
"Matsu, the Goddess of the sea. Every year on Matsu’s birthday, the believers place a great amount of firecrackers under Matsu’s palanquin, they surround it and ignite the firecrackers causing a cinematic blast scene. The believers believe that the stronger the blast is, the more luck Matsu will bring, hence everything will be prosperous for you in the coming year!"
(Photo and caption by 泓愷 陳/ National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest)

3. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
10 Stunning Photos From The 2015 National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest O-ZO-FIDJI-900
"I took this photo while the Brazilian football team was playing for the World Cup, the beaches and the streets were all deserted, everyone was watching the game. It was kind of surreal to see this usually crowded beach at sunset completely empty except this kid who was playing in the waves. Maybe he couldn't have access to a TV or maybe he just didn't care, anyway he was really enjoying the beach for himself and so did I!"
(Photo and caption by Zoe Fidji/ National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest)

4. Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt
10 Stunning Photos From The 2015 National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest O-CHRISTIAN-SCHLAMANN-900
"Very friendly and curious lionfish in the Red Sea."
(Photo and caption by Christian Schlamann/ National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest)

5. Alanganallur, India
10 Stunning Photos From The 2015 National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest O-DEFAULT-900
"South India hosts the New Year's festival of Pongal. They like to do makeup and dressing for livestock, including cows and goats. I met this colorful goat who standing at a shabby pink wall. It seems like an oil painting."
(Photo and caption by 재우 설/ National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest)

6. Bleaker Island, Falkland Islands
10 Stunning Photos From The 2015 National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest O-ASHLEY-NEUHOF-900
"I waited all day in the kelp for this shot and after many failed attempts to catch the air time that these little guys were getting, this one finally got skyrocketed high enough. He or she proceeded to do an epic face plant, which I found was the standard style of penguin landing. They are the most entertaining creatures to photograph and kept a smile on my face throughout the course of my two-week excursion to the Falkland Islands."
(Photo and caption by Ashley Neuhof/ National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest)

7. Tokuchinoura, Japan
10 Stunning Photos From The 2015 National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest O-SUNAO-CHIBA-900
"I photographed the woman who finished shellfish fishing in the evening of the day of the flood tide."
(Photo and caption by Sunao Chiba/ National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest)

8. Puerto Varas, Chile
10 Stunning Photos From The 2015 National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest O-COTE-BAEZA-900
"On a trip photographing southern Chile, recently landed in Puerto Varas, I meet this strong show... Incredible, amazing and terrifying in the same way."
(Photo and caption by Cote Baeza/ National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest)

9. Cienfuegos, Cuba
10 Stunning Photos From The 2015 National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest O-ODED-WAGENSTEIN-900
"Cuba is changing. There is no doubt about that. And change is usually for better right? American dollars will start flowing, the tourism industry will develop along with countless of other great changes. The younger generation can not wait, I'm sure. But what about the older generation left behind?"
(Photo and caption by Oded Wagenstein/ National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest)

10. Niagara Falls, Canada
10 Stunning Photos From The 2015 National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest O-MARK-DUFFY-900
"40 below zero with the windchill. Everything frozen. Beautiful sight."
(Photo and caption by Mark Duffy/ National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/05/national-geographic-traveler-photo-contest-2015_n_7519070.html?utm_hp_ref=good-news&ir=Good%20News

Back to top Go down

10 Stunning Photos From The 2015 National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest Empty Re: 10 Stunning Photos From The 2015 National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest

Post by eddie Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:45 am

Wow. Those pictures blow my mind
Particularly like the Cuban one and the Indian one.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

10 Stunning Photos From The 2015 National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest Empty Re: 10 Stunning Photos From The 2015 National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest

Post by Guest Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:03 am

Morning Eddie

The last one is my favorite, they are beautiful pictures

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:31 am

10 Stunning Photos From The 2015 National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest Thank_10 for sharing Didge, my favourite is the lionfish I love you x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down