NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a moral and legal dilemma??

2 posters

Go down

a moral and legal dilemma?? Empty a moral and legal dilemma??

Post by Guest Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:08 am

In a hypothetical scenario...

an under age girl has used fake ID to get in to a club hich has door men, she has already purchased drinks and is in the club... she is chatted up and picked up, taken home and made love too..

It turns out the girl in question is actually under age ...

How much of the blame lies with the man who took her home...

In your opinion....

Back to top Go down

a moral and legal dilemma?? Empty Re: a moral and legal dilemma??

Post by Guest Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:37 am

this is not a trick question or a pop at anyone...

it came up in discussion with a group of friends and it was very interesting..

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:02 pm

Historically, hypothetical questions don't, won't and can't get answered on here.

However I will say this: an underage girl can only look so old - say 21 the oldest? - so unless the guy is under 35 (ish) then he's creepy anyway.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:05 pm

eddie wrote:Historically, hypothetical questions don't, won't and can't get answered on here.

However I will say this: an underage girl can only look so old - say 21 the oldest? - so unless the guy is under 35 (ish) then he's creepy anyway.

I don't think a 35 year old man is creepy if he is with a 21 year old , old men marrying young girls aged 4 is though

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:08 pm

eddie wrote:Historically, hypothetical questions don't, won't and can't get answered on here.

i am looking for opinion not a definitive answer to be honest, the debate went round and round for sometime with my friends..

I felt that ultimately the man who took her home had a degree of blame but if the girl got herself past the bouncers who are supposed to be trained for checking the ID, the bar staff ho served the girl should have questioned her and the man was in an environment where anyone under drinking age shouldn't be there, then short of asking for her passport there wasn't much more he could do...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:12 pm

My opinion is that the under aged girl is to blame, she knew she wasn't old enough to go in the night club, she also deceived the owners by trying to make herself look older and she definitley deceived the man who bought her drinks all night and tooke her home and had sex with her , she is deceitful all the way .

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:14 pm

Like I said, most men know the rough age of a girl.
Underage people are children; children cannot make sensible or safe decisions.
The ultimate blame lies with all the adults who either failed her (doormen) or pervertly fucked her.

I repeat, a girl can only look "so old"....
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:37 pm

eddie wrote:Like I said, most men know the rough age of a girl.
Underage people are children; children cannot make sensible or safe decisions.
The ultimate blame lies with all the adults who either failed her (doormen) or pervertly fucked her.

I repeat, a girl can only look "so old"....

the man in question could be 20 years old himself, once girls are all dressed up and made up ages can get difficult..

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:48 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:In a hypothetical scenario...

an under age girl has used fake ID to get in to a club hich has door men, she has already purchased drinks and is in the club... she is chatted up and picked up, taken home and made love too..

In your opinion....

If it's ID with a photo on it, and it's not a photo of her, they should pay more attention.

Other than that, it's her own fault, but was this hypothetical girl actually complaining? Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:03 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:In a hypothetical scenario...

In your opinion....

If it's ID with a photo on it, and it's not a photo of her, they should pay more attention.

Other than that, it's her own fault, but was this hypothetical girl actually complaining? Laughing

it was taken from the point of view the law had been made aware of the case and e were trying to proportion blame...

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:05 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

it was taken from the point of view the law had been made aware of the case and e were trying to proportion blame...

Well if she pretended to be over a certain age - 18 I presume - it's her fault.

Neither of them should be going home with each other of course - they only just met. Razz
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:06 pm

the answer would be to microchip every baby girl at birth

or tatoo a bar code on their neck

then you could just use a scanner

a bit like a best before date but would actually be a "do not unwrap before" date....

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:08 pm

The answer is to prosecute the underage girl as well as the bloke.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:09 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

Neither of them should be going home with each other of course - they only just met. Razz

i agree that she is largely to blame, along with the doormen and bar staff...

very wise too, best to get to know someone first...

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:15 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

Is it not against the law to impersonate someone else for illegal purposes? She used someone else's ID so she could get into the club and drink booze.

Most pubs and clubs are very hot on checking someone's age these days because of the law. If someone looks under 25, they are advised to check in a lot of places, including shops.

The bar staff are not to blame if they assumed that anyone who was let in was over 18.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:26 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

Is it not against the law to impersonate someone else for illegal purposes? She used someone else's ID so she could get into the club and drink booze.

Most pubs and clubs are very hot on checking someone's age these days because of the law. If someone looks under 25, they are advised to check in a lot of places, including shops.

The bar staff are not to blame if they assumed that anyone who was let in was over 18.

you seem to have come to similar conclusions to me, i think the doormen should have spotted the bad ID i do think the bar staff have a responsibility though they should keep an eye on ho they serve, the girl is at fault for being where she simply shouldn't be and the male in question is like a victim of the whole situation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:38 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

you seem to have come to similar conclusions to me, i think the doormen should have spotted the bad ID i do think the bar staff have a responsibility though they should keep an eye on ho they serve, the girl is at fault for being where she simply shouldn't be and the male in question is like a victim of the whole situation.

If she presented herself as being over 16, and it was reasonable to think she was, I doubt he would be prosecuted, especially as she lied to get into the club.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:57 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

If she presented herself as being over 16, and it was reasonable to think she was, I doubt he would be prosecuted, especially as she lied to get into the club.

I agree let's face it if people trained to age and id check missed it how would an ordinary run of the mill guy know ho to tell..

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:01 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

I agree let's face it if people trained to age and id check missed it how would an ordinary run of the mill guy know ho to tell..

Also, if there was a photo on the ID, it's possible for one girl to look much like another.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:04 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

Also, if there was a photo on the ID, it's possible for one girl to look much like another.

very much so if made up, the picture or details could easily be changed, it is a minefield ..

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:08 pm

Isn't she a bit creepy as well then?

I don't think the age of the man is particularly relevant if the girl was willing and he thought the girl was over the age of consent. .
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:09 pm

darknessss wrote:the answer would be to microchip every baby girl at birth

or tatoo a bar code on their neck

then you could just use a scanner

a bit like a best before date but would actually be a "do not unwrap before" date....

MY daughters would be over 30 now had they lived but they wouldn't have got to a night club HF was very strict with the boys , i know some kids are rebellious but i thank God they listened and didn't go to night clubs until they were the right age .

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down