NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

German authorities evacuate 20,000 after WWII-era bomb unearthed

2 posters

Go down

German authorities evacuate 20,000 after WWII-era bomb unearthed Empty German authorities evacuate 20,000 after WWII-era bomb unearthed

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 27, 2015 11:58 pm

German authorities evacuated around 20,000 people from their homes in the western city of Cologne Wednesday before defusing a World War II bomb unearthed during construction work.

Residents living within a kilometre (about half a mile) of the site were told to leave their homes, among them around 1,100 people from a large old people's and care home, city officials said.

Schools in the area as well as Cologne Zoo, also within the danger zone, were closed for the day.

The unexploded US-made device, which lay five metres (16 feet) underground, was discovered on Friday on the left bank of the Rhine river near Muelheim bridge, city officials said.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/german-city-evacuates-20-000-people-defuse-wwii-095222173.html#to0QqTd
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

German authorities evacuate 20,000 after WWII-era bomb unearthed Empty Re: German authorities evacuate 20,000 after WWII-era bomb unearthed

Post by Guest Thu May 28, 2015 1:19 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
German authorities evacuated around 20,000 people from their homes in the western city of Cologne Wednesday before defusing a World War II bomb unearthed during construction work.

Residents living within a kilometre (about half a mile) of the site were told to leave their homes, among them around 1,100 people from a large old people's and care home, city officials said.

Schools in the area as well as Cologne Zoo, also within the danger zone, were closed for the day.

The unexploded US-made device, which lay five metres (16 feet) underground, was discovered on Friday on the left bank of the Rhine river near Muelheim bridge, city officials said.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/german-city-evacuates-20-000-people-defuse-wwii-095222173.html#to0QqTd
Thats the bloody Germans for you we find one of their`s this week !!!And Obviously!!!  they find one of ours in the same week how fortunate is that Jeeze !!! I reckon it was some old Gerry seeing the news over in the uk threw a dud from the back garden (used as a planter) of the bridge Razz

Back to top Go down

German authorities evacuate 20,000 after WWII-era bomb unearthed Empty Re: German authorities evacuate 20,000 after WWII-era bomb unearthed

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 28, 2015 10:54 am

It was probably one of yours, considering it didn't work properly...!!!

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 28, 2015 11:02 am

Tommy Monk wrote:It was probably one of yours, considering it didn't work properly...!!!

lol!

Yes, I'm pretty certain I manufactured that bomb with my own two hands.

You do like attributing things that happened 70 years ago to all Americans, don't you?

All in the name of EQUALITY, mind you!

lol!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 28, 2015 11:03 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:It was probably one of yours, considering it didn't work properly...!!!

lol!

You do like attributing things that happened 70 years ago to all Americans, don't you?

lol!

Great Response Ben

You need to get some sleep soon

Cannot stop the return button from pressing to make the post look bigger

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 28, 2015 11:05 am

Belatucadros wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

lol!

lol!

Great Response Ben

You need to get some sleep soon

Cannot stop the return button from pressing to make the post look bigger

lol!

Ah, somebody understands what it is I'm doing here Smile

I can rest on that note!

lol!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down