NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scientists have identified a drug that rejuvenates ageing muscle and brain tissue

2 posters

Go down

Scientists have identified a drug that rejuvenates ageing muscle and brain tissue Empty Scientists have identified a drug that rejuvenates ageing muscle and brain tissue

Post by Guest Wed May 20, 2015 7:29 pm

Scientists have identified a drug that simultaneously makes ageing muscle and brain tissue in mice act young again. The research is in its very early stages, but this could represent the first step towards a treatment that restores youth to multiple parts of the body at once. As we get older, part of the reason our bodies start failing is because adult stem cells stop replacing our damaged cells. But scientists have found that a drug known as Alk5 kinase inhibitor can perk up old stem cells in various tissue types around the body, restoring their ability to keep it young.

http://www.sciencealert.com/a-drug-has-been-found-that-rejuvenates-ageing-brain-and-muscle-tissue

Back to top Go down

Scientists have identified a drug that rejuvenates ageing muscle and brain tissue Empty Re: Scientists have identified a drug that rejuvenates ageing muscle and brain tissue

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 20, 2015 7:30 pm

Sounds good to me. Razz
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Scientists have identified a drug that rejuvenates ageing muscle and brain tissue Empty Re: Scientists have identified a drug that rejuvenates ageing muscle and brain tissue

Post by Guest Wed May 20, 2015 8:08 pm

right you lot are in for it...I'm gonna be immortal......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 20, 2015 8:11 pm

darknessss wrote:right you lot are in for it...I'm gonna be immortal......

cosmic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 20, 2015 11:55 pm

darknessss wrote:right you lot are in for it...I'm gonna be immortal......

Yet you keep on that the world is over populated?  Personally, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2015 12:19 am

Oi I didnt say YOU could be immortal......

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down