NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christianity is False and Immoral.

+4
nicko
veya_victaous
Ben Reilly
eddie
8 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Christianity is False and Immoral. - Page 2 Empty Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest Sat May 09, 2015 10:41 am

First topic message reminder :

Back to top Go down

Christianity is False and Immoral. - Page 2 Empty Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2015 3:12 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

pride created satan but hey you don't want to be bored with facts...

people choose heaven or hell, no one makes them go to either.. Smile

and who made Satan? and who is omnipotent and omniscient
it is the Christian god that does this
YES god makes them go

are you saying you are free to choose to go to heaven?
You cant tell the dumb fuck to go sit on a dick and you are still free to go where you choose? or does god treat you like a fucking moral less 3 year old with a pet hamster.
He is pathetic if he was a human we would be talking about how shitty he was and Even in a human we would not accept such juvenile threats and gos makes.
he is like the Kim Jong il of deities.. Love me or I will punish you cause i am so pathetically insecure Look at me I m all powerful but if you don't constantly tell me how great i am I'll torture you forever out of spite because i so insecure.
God behaves like a spoiled toddler that needs smack on the backside

God created him yes but as with all his creations he gave free will, to be what they want to be, he never built robots.

by your reasoning do guns kill people or do people kill people?

Back to top Go down

Christianity is False and Immoral. - Page 2 Empty Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 11, 2015 3:40 pm

veya_victaous wrote:

pride created satan but hey you don't want to be bored with facts...

people choose heaven or hell, no one makes them go to either.. Smile

and who made Satan? and who is omnipotent and omniscient
it is the Christian god that does this
YES god makes them go

are you saying you are free to choose to go to heaven?
You cant tell the dumb fuck to go sit on a dick and you are still free to go where you choose? or does god treat you like a fucking moral less 3 year old with a pet hamster.
He is pathetic if he was a human we would be talking about how shitty he was and Even in a human we would not accept such juvenile threats and gos makes.
he is like the Kim Jong il of deities.. Love me or I will punish you cause i am so pathetically insecure Look at me I m all powerful but if you don't constantly tell me how great i am I'll torture you forever out of spite because i so insecure.
God behaves like a spoiled toddler that needs smack on the backside

God created him yes but as with all his creations he gave free will, to be what they want to be, he never built robots.

If you create something and you know every action it will ever take and thought it will ever think, there's no way you can give it free will. To do that would mean giving it the capacity to surprise you, and nothing can surprise God.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2015 3:44 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

If you create something and you know every action it will ever take and thought it will ever think, there's no way you can give it free will. To do that would mean giving it the capacity to surprise you, and nothing can surprise God.

free will doesn't have to surprise you. God had plans ready for what did occur..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2015 3:44 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Brilliant

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2015 3:48 pm

Nemesis wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Brilliant

Laughing

already answered it was actually quite a dumb statement... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2015 3:49 pm

Nemesis wrote:

Brilliant

Laughing

Your answered failed actually, and still now you fail to see why.

Anyway this will just be another case of your denial of the truth.

Hence boring

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2015 3:52 pm

Nemesis wrote:

Your answered failed actually, and still now you fail to see why.

Anyway this will just be another case of your denial of the truth.

Hence boring

my answer did not fail at all, what is boring is the magic round about you create in every debate... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 11, 2015 3:52 pm

I don't care what words or labels you use, I don't follow a religion.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2015 3:54 pm

eddie wrote:I don't care what words or labels you use, I don't follow a religion.

So best you ask for the definition to be changed, just to benefit you then Eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2015 3:58 pm

eddie wrote:I don't care what words or labels you use, I don't follow a religion.

well said, i'm pretty sure a certain someone would deny the definition twat perfectly describes them yet we all know differently, just shows definitions are a movable feast... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2015 4:00 pm

well said, i'm pretty sure a certain someone would deny the definition twat perfectly describes them yet we all know differently, just shows definitions are a movable feast... Smile

She has a case as she does not worship, so I can allow for reason in her argument

You do not have a leg to stand on, as you worship Jesus.

Even now you have a thread glorifying him.

That is worshiping him

Hence you follow a religion, yours is Christianity

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2015 4:02 pm

Nemesis wrote:

She has a case as she does not worship, so I can allow for reason in her argument

That is worshiping him

I have a faith, it is in Jesus as the bible introduces him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2015 4:03 pm

Nemesis wrote:

That is worshiping him

Never denied you have faith, but you follow a religion called christianity

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2015 4:06 pm

Nemesis wrote:

I have faith in Jesus as my Lord and saviour, I trust the bible as the source of information for Jesus.

Last edited by heavenlyfatheragain on Mon May 11, 2015 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2015 4:07 pm

Nemesis wrote:

I faith in Jesus as my Lord and saviour, I trust the bible as the source of information for Jesus.

Which is a religious doctrine, hence you follow a religion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 11, 2015 4:07 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

free will doesn't have to surprise you. God had plans ready for what did occur..

If you know exactly what something is going to do well before you ever make it, that thing can never have free will. Let's say you, HF, have god-like powers and you know that an individual you'll make in two weeks will grow up to discover the cure for cancer.

The only way you can then prevent that person from curing cancer is to not make him or her. If you do make him or her, and you know he/she will cure cancer, does she/he have the free will to not cure cancer? Of course not.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 11, 2015 4:09 pm

Ooh, let's take that even deeper -- if you have god-like powers, that includes the knowledge of all your future actions for eternity. Thus you would have no free will of your own -- your (eternal) life would be set up on a track that, if you deviated from it in the slightest, would prove that you don't have perfect knowledge in the first place.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2015 4:11 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Ooh, let's take that even deeper -- if you have god-like powers, that includes the knowledge of all your future actions for eternity. Thus you would have no free will of your own -- your (eternal) life would be set up on a track that, if you deviated from it in the slightest, would prove that you don't have perfect knowledge in the first place.

why does the knowledge of all possibilities negate free will?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 11, 2015 4:11 pm

Nemesis wrote:

So best you ask for the definition to be changed, just to benefit you then Eddie

I'm not bothered enough Didge? I just said I didn't care.
I am comfortable enough in my own skin to not have to battle something out over the use of a word lol!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2015 4:13 pm

eddie wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

I am comfortable enough in my own skin to not have to battle something out over the use of a word lol!

To be honest you do not worship your belief, so I would say it is not a religion and it certainly does not have any dogma attached to it

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 11, 2015 4:14 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Ooh, let's take that even deeper -- if you have god-like powers, that includes the knowledge of all your future actions for eternity. Thus you would have no free will of your own -- your (eternal) life would be set up on a track that, if you deviated from it in the slightest, would prove that you don't have perfect knowledge in the first place.

Because it's not all possibilities. If it were possibilities, then God could be kept in suspense about what's going to happen next ("will he, won't he?"). But God's knowledge is perfect -- he doesn't just know what's possible, he knows exactly what will happen.

And, as I showed above, this knowledge must extend to God himself. So God knows everything he will ever do and is thus powerless to deviate from that -- either that or he does not know everything he will ever do, and thus his knowledge isn't perfect.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2015 4:14 pm

eddie wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

well said, people like to label others it makes them feel more secure like they know what to expect, I think this is where all that "born again" label crap comes out with some folks.. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2015 4:16 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Because it's not all possibilities. If it were possibilities, then God could be kept in suspense about what's going to happen next ("will he, won't he?"). But God's knowledge is perfect -- he doesn't just know what's possible, he knows exactly what will happen.

And, as I showed above, this knowledge must extend to God himself. So God knows everything he will ever do and is thus powerless to deviate from that -- either that or he does not know everything he will ever do, and thus his knowledge isn't perfect.

He believes that the possibilities are not fixed, which would then render his deity as not all knowing, as you rightly say above, if God is perfect he would know which possibility is chosen every time.
He is basically saying to you his deity is not perfect.
So I am happy with that Ben.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2015 4:18 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

who said God was ever in suspense??

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 11, 2015 4:19 pm

Nemesis wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

He believes that the possibilities are not fixed, which would then render his deity as not all knowing, as you rightly say above, if God is perfect he would know which possibility is chosen every time.
He is basically saying to you his deity is not perfect.
So I am happy with that Ben.

Laughing

Exactly, the nature of God is self-contradictory if the Bible is true. God can't do anything he wants, because he already knows everything he'll do, forever; otherwise he's not all-knowing. And God's all-knowing-ness means he isn't all-powerful, because if he was, he would have the power to act in a way that would surprise even himself. So nothing can both do and know everything.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 11, 2015 4:20 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Certainly not me. I'm saying if he ever was in suspense, he wouldn't be all-knowing. And if he was never in suspense, then he can't have given anything free will.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2015 4:25 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Certainly not me. I'm saying if he ever was in suspense, he wouldn't be all-knowing. And if he was never in suspense, then he can't have given anything free will.

as far as I know he is never surprised or in suspense as he is all knowing... If God can see every any possible course of action and it's results it does not mean you cannot make any choice you like.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 11, 2015 4:26 pm

eddie wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

well said, people like to label others it makes them feel more secure like they know what to expect, I think this is where all that "born again" label crap comes out with some folks.. Smile

I think labels are restricting, misleading and actually create problems.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2015 4:28 pm

eddie wrote:

I think labels are restricting, misleading and actually create problems.

absolutely especially where people are concerned as we are all unique.. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 11, 2015 4:31 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

as far as I know he is never surprised or in suspense as he is all knowing... If God can see every any possible course of action and it's results it does not mean you cannot make any choice you like.

If you claim to be all-powerful and to know how everything is going to happen, and you make a list for your morning routine that goes:

1) Brush teeth

2) Eat breakfast

3) Take a shower

4) Get dressed

... but then you eat breakfast before you brush your teeth, then you don't know how everything's going to happen, and thus you don't know everything.

... or if you follow the list to the T, you don't have the power to surprise yourself, thus you're not all-powerful.

For another example: Could God make an object that has a name he doesn't know? If he can, he doesn't know everything, and if he can't, there are limits to his powers.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2015 5:12 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

If you claim to be all-powerful and to know how everything is going to happen, and  you make a list for your morning routine that goes:

1) Brush teeth

2) Eat breakfast

3) Take a shower

4) Get dressed

... but then you eat breakfast before you brush your teeth, then you don't know how everything's going to happen, and thus you don't know everything.

... or if you follow the list to the T, you don't have the power to surprise yourself, thus you're not all-powerful.

For another example: Could God make an object that has a name he doesn't know? If he can, he doesn't know everything, and if he can't, there are limits to his powers.

the very idea of giving us freedom of will means he limits his own power, the fact that you can limit your own power does not mean you have no power or you are not all powerful it just means you wield it as you choose.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

If you claim to be all-powerful and to know how everything is going to happen, and  you make a list for your morning routine that goes:

1) Brush teeth

2) Eat breakfast

3) Take a shower

4) Get dressed

the very idea of giving us freedom of will means he limits his own power, the fact that you can limit your own power does not mean you have no power or you are not all powerful it just means you wield it as you choose.

That's one of the biggest song-and-dance routines I've ever seen here. alien alien alien
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2015 7:27 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

That's one of the biggest song-and-dance routines I've ever seen here. alien alien alien

it's obvious and common sense not surprised you can't see it... Smile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by veya_victaous Sun May 17, 2015 10:49 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

is there a God who tortures people for eternity?

according to Christianity yes
God made hell, God made Satan
and good freethinking people go to hell to get tortured for all eternity  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
it clearly says so in the bible

lol!

NO....

IT doesn't say that in "the Bible", veya !!!

AT LEAST not in the 3 different versions that I've read..

BUT, than again ~ You haven't actually read the Bible yet for yourself yet, have you !

SEEMS to me that you're simply taking Atheist publications, websites, manifests and documents at 'face value', without actually bothering to verify their various claims for yourself..
   study

Seems you must have just skim read it wolf cause clearly it does
Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

Hell
Revelation 21:8 ESV

But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

Revelation 20:15 ESV  

And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Matthew 25:46 ESV  

And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Matthew 10:28 ESV  
And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Mark 9:43-48 ESV  

And if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than with two hands to go to hell, to the unquenchable fire. And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame than with two feet to be thrown into hell. And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into hell, ‘where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.’

Satan
2 Corinthians 11:14 ESV

And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.

John 8:44 ESV

You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

2 Corinthians 11:3 ESV

But I am afraid that as the serpent deceived Eve by his cunning, your thoughts will be led astray from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ.

Revelation 12:9 ESV

And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

God created everything
Genesis 1:1-31 ESV

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. And God saw that the light was good. And God separated the light from the darkness. God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day. ...

Genesis 1:1 ESV

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.

Romans 1:20 ESV

For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.

John 1:1 ESV

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Psalm 121:2 ESV  

My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.

Psalm 104:24 ESV

O Lord, how manifold are your works! In wisdom have you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures.

Good free thinking people tortured
Psalm 14:1 ESV

To the choirmaster. Of David. The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none who does good.

Hebrews 11:6 ESV

And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 17, 2015 11:01 pm

all choices have consequences, it is called life..

If you choose not to believe you choose not to spend eternity with God.

It seems non believers want to have their cake and eat it.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sun May 17, 2015 11:06 pm

odd the vilification of christianity here, but nothing but arse smoke for paganism.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun May 17, 2015 11:11 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:all choices have consequences, it is called life..

why would i want to spend eternity with that arsehole Suspect Suspect Suspect

when i can re enter the dreaming

Christianity is False and Immoral. - Page 2 Dreamtime_sisters_199_photo_slideshow.CACHE-1000x1000

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 17, 2015 11:16 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:all choices have consequences, it is called life..

why would i want to spend eternity with that arsehole  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect

when i can re enter the dreaming

Christianity is False and Immoral. - Page 2 Dreamtime_sisters_199_photo_slideshow.CACHE-1000x1000

so why worry about what the bible says and carry on dreaming... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun May 17, 2015 11:25 pm

Because i seek knowledge where ever it can be found and Christians do go on about their bible a lot... Rolling Eyes
there is some good bits
In fact most of the references directly to Jesus are pretty good
You will note Jesus pretty much always says be nice to each other, it is other jackasses that say about other rules.
but there is a lot of shit in there also which just boils down to ancient people trying to explain stuff they didn't know.

Wolf obviously needs to read it again as he seem to have missed or forgotten large chunks of it before accusing others of having not read it tongue tongue tongue tongue
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 18, 2015 9:06 am

veya_victaous wrote:Because i seek knowledge where ever it can be found and Christians do go on about their bible a lot... Rolling Eyes
there is some good bits
You will note Jesus pretty much always says be nice to each other, it is other jackasses that say about other rules.
but there is a lot of shit in there also which just boils down to ancient people trying to explain stuff they didn't know.

Wolf obviously needs to read it again as he seem to have missed or forgotten large chunks of it before accusing others of having not read it tongue tongue tongue tongue
the law is only meant as a standard of judgement for non believers, Jesus does say to get along but he does not say you can believe what ever you like ad still get to heaven...

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon May 18, 2015 10:17 am

Wolf has been dreaming for years, dreaming that he's more intelligent than most of us!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon May 18, 2015 10:47 pm

veya_victaous wrote:Because i seek knowledge where ever it can be found and Christians do go on about their bible a lot... Rolling Eyes
there is some good bits

the law is only meant as a standard of judgement for non believers, Jesus does say to get along but he does not say you can believe what ever you like ad still get to heaven...

Yeah but Jesus was just some middle eastern dude 2000 years ago Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I do not for a second believe he is the son of the most illogical 'god' construct man has ever created... AND even if i did believe in the 2nd book of the trilogy the 3rd book explains that Jesus is son of god because we are ALL children of god Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes which makes much more sense tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Jesus happened to have some good ideas and You wouldn't know if Jesus did say it since we don't have anything written by Jesus only what Paul and other wished to retell of his message
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue May 19, 2015 1:13 am

For Didge
Hail Satan Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Christianity is False and Immoral. - Page 2 J2rCD40

Christianity is False and Immoral. - Page 2 Y3yVDZR

Christianity is False and Immoral. - Page 2 YIJ7VHu

Christianity is False and Immoral. - Page 2 Hcr5k16

Christianity is False and Immoral. - Page 2 WYRwV0G

Christianity is False and Immoral. - Page 2 8vQHAK6

Christianity is False and Immoral. - Page 2 5H2mp4v

Christianity is False and Immoral. - Page 2 Hw33FE4
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 9:38 am

veya_victaous wrote:

Yeah but Jesus was just some middle eastern dude 2000 years ago Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  I do not for a second believe he is the son of the most illogical 'god' construct man has ever created... AND even if i did believe in the 2nd book of the trilogy the 3rd book explains that Jesus is son of god because we are ALL children of god Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes which makes much more sense tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Jesus happened to have some good ideas and You wouldn't know if Jesus did say it since we don't have anything written by Jesus only what Paul and other wished to retell of his message
well if he wasn't who he said he would have known that he was heading for the most painful and humiliating death that could ever have been invented, he also inspired people to follow and risk and endure the same death, so he certainly had something about him..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 9:54 am

veya_victaous wrote:

Yeah but Jesus was just some middle eastern dude 2000 years ago Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  I do not for a second believe he is the son of the most illogical 'god' construct man has ever created... AND even if i did believe in the 2nd book of the trilogy the 3rd book explains that Jesus is son of god because we are ALL children of god Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes which makes much more sense tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

well if he wasn't who he said he would have known that he was heading for the most painful and humiliating death that could ever have been invented, he also inspired people to follow and risk and endure the same death, so he certainly had something about him..

Did Jesus know he was heading for a painful death though?
You are only going off what the writers of the Gospels, that is the ones included in the bible "claim" HF. That means the writers could have added this part to the story to make it seem how divine Jesus was. They have written in hindsight to an event, one that has no outside sources that corroborate many of the claims. Hence why most of the stories believed is down to faith.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 10:15 am

Lucifer Angel of Light wrote:

You are only going off what the writers of the Gospels, that is the ones included in the bible "claim" HF. That means the writers could have added this part to the story to make it seem how divine Jesus was. They have written in hindsight to an event, one that has no outside sources that corroborate many of the claims. Hence why most of the stories believed is down to faith.
of course he knew it was a fairly common practice for his time, the Romans had a tendency to be very brutal...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 10:24 am

of course he knew it was a fairly common practice for his time, the Romans had a tendency to be very brutal...

That is hearsay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 10:51 am

That is hearsay.
it is not heresay, it was a well documented form of killing, I believe josephus mentions the crucifxion of Jesus...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 11:03 am

That is hearsay.
it is not heresay, it was a well documented form of killing, I believe josephus mentions the crucifxion of Jesus...

Yes it is hearsay on whether he would know this in advance.
You are doing this off hindsight after the event again of writers also who wrote after the event.
Josephus certainly states that jesus was cruicified, again this states the event, not that he would have known. Also Josephus account is clearly later also doctored in regards to stating he was the messiah. Josephus is a good source to coroborate the fact jesus existed and was crucified and also states his brother, but it is clear from the easiliest socurces, other parts were added later by other writers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next