NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christianity is False and Immoral.

+4
nicko
veya_victaous
Ben Reilly
eddie
8 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Christianity is False and Immoral. - Page 4 Empty Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest Sat May 09, 2015 10:41 am

First topic message reminder :

Back to top Go down

Christianity is False and Immoral. - Page 4 Empty Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2015 7:03 pm

Belatucadros wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
it appears that throughout the human and animal kingdom there are set parameters that allow change within a species, that is adaption... we do not see pigs with wings, your bacteria was bacteria, it is now antibiotic resistant Bacteria, it is the same thing bacteria, the fact it changed through the intervention of man proves nothing except perhaps intelligent design...
do we have the list of positive mutations that have brought us this far, how far have we come, how much has changed from early humans to what we see now...

do the native indians now walking around represent evolution...?
Is dog breeding an example of evolution.

You just proved you know next to nothing about biology.

Thank you

So you have no understanding about Bacterial resistance to antibiotics?

One simple test and you could not even get that right

Hilarious and proof you must have gotten an F in biology.

Never mind you poor uneducated child

Thanks for the entertainment though
lol you are such a scream....

so is macro evolution observable or are we still sticking with adaption..

do we animals that stick within parameters?

are you saying poeple with big noses evolved from people with small noses...

do yu have a list of positive mutations that have changed any species let alone humans.?

Back to top Go down

Christianity is False and Immoral. - Page 4 Empty Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2015 7:26 pm

Belatucadros wrote:

You just proved you know next to nothing about biology.

Thank you

So you have no understanding about Bacterial resistance to antibiotics?

One simple test and you could not even get that right

Hilarious and proof you must have gotten an F in biology.

Never mind you poor uneducated child

Thanks for the entertainment though

so is macro evolution observable or are we still sticking with adaption..   first define what YOU mean by macro evolution

do we animals that stick within parameters?  I assume this is a typo, please rephrase

are you saying poeple with big noses evolved from people with small noses... dont be daft

do yu have a list of positive mutations that have changed any species let alone humans.?    giraffe's necks for one...

peppered moths for another....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2015 7:29 pm

darknessss wrote:

so is macro evolution observable or are we still sticking with adaption..   first define what YOU mean by macro evolution

do we animals that stick within parameters?  I assume this is a typo, please rephrase

are you saying poeple with big noses evolved from people with small noses... dont be daft

do yu have a list of positive mutations that have changed any species let alone humans.?    giraffe's necks for one...

peppered moths for another....

you don't know what macro evolution is??
why do animals and humans for that matter stay within what appear to be set parameters for their species, wwe don't see catdogs, we dont see lion pigs..
evplain the mutation of a giraffes neck and the peeper moth did either become a new species...??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2015 7:41 pm

don't see catdogs, we dont see lion pigs..

Razz  Razz  Razz

Let me change your result for biology to a complete ignoramus.

Fucking hell, I am no expert on biology, but seriously I cannot stop laughing at such an idiotic question.

I will give you a hint, it has something to do with chromosomes, plus the fact they are different species.

Holy crap on a cracker. PMSL

Last edited by Belatucadros on Wed May 27, 2015 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2015 7:41 pm

darknessss wrote:
you don't know what macro evolution is?? I didnt say I didnt...i want to be sure YOU do, your scientific knowlege appears to be less than satisfactory
why do animals and humans for that matter stay within what appear to be set parameters for their species, wwe don't see catdogs, we dont see lion pigs.. I will define species for you
evplain the mutation of a giraffes neck and the peeper moth did either become a new species...??

A species is often defined as a group of individuals that actually or potentially interbreed in nature. In this sense, a species is the biggest gene pool possible under natural conditions.

so you dont get interspecies hybrids like pigdogs

so the giraffe evolved from an ancestor which produced two lines

the giraffe and the okapi

At about 3m tall, an antelope-like animal which roamed the plains and forests of Asia and Europe between the Eocene and Oligocene epochs (specifically 30 – 50 million years ago) was the forefather of the 2 remaining members of the Giraffidae family; the modern day giraffe and okapi.

In countries ranging from Japan, China and Mongolia, through India and Iran and into Greece and Austria, as well as Africa, more than 10 fossil genera have been discovered telling us that by the Miocene epoch (6-23 million years ago) early deer-like giraffids were yet to develop the long neck synonymous with today’s giraffe. They were however already tall animals and their heads were adorned with large ossicones (horns made of ossified cartilage, covered in skin or fur), which in later species began to evolve into the more familiar unbranched ossicones of the modern day giraffids. The end of the Pliocene epoch (2.5-6 million years ago) saw a number of long necked giraffids evolve, but largely unsuccessfully with only 2 species surviving to this day. (For further information on the okapi go to ‘What are the closest relatives of giraffe?’ ).

note they had a common ancestor....

but NOW okapi and giraffes cannot produce young so the two have become seperate species in their own right

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2015 7:43 pm

Didge I have come to the conclusion that you may be able to educate an idiot.
you cannot however educate the wilfully ignorant......

in fact i recon HF is a "different species"

WE are Homo sapiens sapiens

HE is Homo ignoramus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2015 7:52 pm

darknessss wrote:Didge I have come to the conclusion that you may be able to educate an idiot.
you cannot however educate the wilfully ignorant......

in fact i recon HF is a "different species"

WE are Homo sapiens sapiens

HE is Homo ignoramus

Quote of the day, seriously worthy of a +10000.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2015 7:59 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:Why don't we rename this thread "Let's bitch about HF"?

More apt.

If you think its appropriate to defend ignorance, then sure, change it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2015 8:06 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

If you create something and you know every action it will ever take and thought it will ever think, there's no way you can give it free will. To do that would mean giving it the capacity to surprise you, and nothing can surprise God.

Knowing are influencing are 2 different things.

If I had the technology to know your future actions and thoughts, that does not make me responsible for your actions and thoughts.

I can't make it any simpler or logical than that.

Of course it can if it is predetermined, other wise you thus do not care to want to help.
It is like I said, if God exists, it is either not powerful enough to do anything. Is powerful enough and just does not care or does not exist at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2015 8:07 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

If you create something and you know every action it will ever take and thought it will ever think, there's no way you can give it free will. To do that would mean giving it the capacity to surprise you, and nothing can surprise God.

Knowing are influencing are 2 different things.

If I had the technology to know your future actions and thoughts, that does not make me responsible for your actions and thoughts.

I can't make it any simpler or logical than that.

no but it makes it the ultimate in immorality to then judge (with the penalty of eternal torture)
after all If god knows the sould he is about to "make" is going to be a serial killer why make it only to then subject it to torture....kinda cruel that.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2015 8:07 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:

If you think its appropriate to defend ignorance, then sure, change it.

Appropriate to defend ignorance? lol!

Youre so high and mighty, I assume you're Didge. Welcome back.

"I am, who I am" but not high and almighty, as is it wrong to correct someone being deliberately ignorant on something? If you think it is wrong, then I guess we should just abolish all teaching and schools.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 28, 2015 12:57 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:

Of course it can if it is predetermined, other wise you thus do not care to want to help.
It is like I said, if God exists, it is either not powerful enough to do anything. Is powerful enough and just does not care or does not exist at all.

Becuase that's a cop out and you don't want to take any responsibility for your actions. Youre not a child.

I may care about how you act but I'm not responsible for it.

But that is wrong again, as are we not children in mentality compared to such an intelligent being?
So you are saying something of lesser mentality should not be helped if they make errors or have no ability to change their actions through predetermination?
So not copout, you are thinking two dimentionally again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 28, 2015 1:52 pm

Belatucadros wrote:
Fuzzy Zack wrote:

Becuase that's a cop out and you don't want to take any responsibility for your actions. Youre not a child.

I may care about how you act but I'm not responsible for it.

But that is wrong again, as are we not children in mentality compared to such an intelligent being?
So you are saying something of lesser mentality should not be helped if they make errors or have no ability to change their actions through predetermination?
no one controls your actions... how do people learn??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 28, 2015 1:55 pm

Belatucadros wrote:

What is predeterminism?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 28, 2015 2:10 pm

Belatucadros wrote:
What is predeterminism?
not what God does, we have freedom of choice...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 28, 2015 2:17 pm

Belatucadros wrote:
What is predeterminism?

No surprise there, yet again you fail to answer the question.

Never mind, shall wait for Zack who will debates the points, as all you do is waste time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 28, 2015 2:20 pm

Belatucadros wrote:

No surprise there, yet again you fail to answer the question.

Never mind, shall wait for Zack who will debates the points, as all you do is waste time.
oh i see God knows every event to come yes..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 28, 2015 8:31 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
darknessss wrote:

no but it makes it the ultimate in immorality to then judge (with the penalty of eternal torture)
after all  If god knows the sould he is about to "make" is going to be a serial killer why make it only to then subject it to torture....kinda cruel that.....

Why can't you be judged? Only you are responsible for your actions.

circular argument alert

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri May 29, 2015 12:15 am

darknessss wrote:
Fuzzy Zack wrote:
darknessss wrote:

after all  If god knows the sould he is about to "make" is going to be a serial killer why make it only to then subject it to torture....kinda cruel that.....

Why can't you be judged? Only you are responsible for your actions.

circular argument alert

yep

if I make a program and I judge it faulty, it is not the program that was insufficient it was myself from failing to make a superior program Wink

Thus it is gods fault because he should have made us better

Or 'this' is just quality control Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2015 9:56 am

veya_victaous wrote:
darknessss wrote:

circular argument alert

yep

if I make a program and I judge it faulty, it is not the program that was insufficient it was myself from failing to make a superior program Wink

Thus it is gods fault because he should have made us better

Or 'this' is just quality control Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect  
we all make decisions, some good some bad, thank goodness we have the freedom to make that choice otherwise it would not be life at all, God has appointed a time for judgement.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2015 12:31 pm

even though god knows before hand exactly how you will use that power

how very......humane of him

here you go fred I know you are going to be a mass murderer and that I'm going to fry you forever

have a nice life......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2015 12:42 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:

No, you're not a child.

Free will or free choice is a power that comes with responsibility. Therefore you're judged on how you exercise that power. For good or bad.

You are missing the point. A child to us has far less intellect and understanding,. It stands to reason we would be very child like in intellect and intelligence to a deities supreme understanding would we not? The thing is it is humans that actually judge on this earth and we judge through a better and more humane method in many cases, than would be found in certain religions commanded by the deity.
You then have a major problem, how can we as far less intelligence beings to a claim to an all powerful God, show far greater compassion? We imprison many people for crimes, to take them out of society from harming others. Where they have some of the rights taken away for set periods. Which is far removed from an eternal punishment spent in agony. I mean imagine killing your own child because they turned around and did not love you anymore and believe in you anymore. Would anyone back the right of a parent to do this?
I certainly would not advocate such a thing yet some of these deities again based off emotions will punish people for not loving them and believing in them as their creator. Well parents are creators too of children and if they fall out there are those who will attempt to reconcile. You do not have this option with the Abrahamic beliefs.

If revenge of which eternal punishment is for acts committed here and deemed as such by something so supremely intelligent. It would never allow emotions to cloud any reasoning on a matter. It shows to me this belief of such a deity lacks intellect when making judgements. Now of course people will argue off as God, he would be supremely right, but would he/she? If negative emotions are bad, then why do the Abrahamic deities based on what is written have and allow negative emotions to rule their reasoning?
This to me more than anything proves to me these works are man made. Nothing of supreme intelligence would be ruled by emotions or even go off negative ones on passing judgement but would rationalize and reason over them. That to me shows that these Deities from in the Abrahamic faiths either are of a lesser intellect or nothing short of evil.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2015 1:13 pm

Belatucadros wrote:
Fuzzy Zack wrote:

No, you're not a child.

Free will or free choice is a power that comes with responsibility. Therefore you're judged on how you exercise that power. For good or bad.

You are missing the point. A child to us has far less intellect and understanding,. It stands to reason we would be very child like in intellect and intelligence to a deities supreme understanding would we not? The thing is it is humans that actually judge on this earth and we judge through a better and more humane method in many cases, than would be found in certain religions commanded by the deity.
You then have a major problem, how can we as far less intelligence beings to a claim to an all powerful God, show far greater compassion? We imprison many people for crimes, to take them out of society from harming others. Where they have some of the rights taken away for set periods. Which is far removed from an eternal punishment spent in agony. I mean imagine killing your own child because they turned around and did not love you anymore and believe in you anymore. Would anyone back the right of a parent to do this?
I certainly would not advocate such a thing yet some of these deities again based off emotions will punish people for not loving them and believing in them as their creator. Well parents are creators too of children and if they fall out there are those who will attempt to reconcile. You do not have this option with the Abrahamic beliefs.

If revenge of which eternal punishment is for acts committed here and deemed as such by something so supremely intelligent. It would never allow emotions to cloud any reasoning on a matter. It shows to me this belief of such a deity lacks intellect when making judgements. Now of course people will argue off as God, he would be supremely right, but would he/she? If negative emotions are bad, then why do the Abrahamic deities based on what is written have and allow negative emotions to rule their reasoning?
This to me more than anything proves to me these works are man made. Nothing of supreme intelligence would be ruled by emotions or even go off negative ones on passing judgement but would rationalize and reason over them. That to me shows that these Deities from in the Abrahamic faiths either are of a lesser intellect or nothing short of evil.
at the age of 16 the law classes you as an adult and responsible for your actions, some would say it should be before then.
Intelligence is relative, compared to einstein I guess most could claim deminished reasoning but unless you are clearly som how mentaly immpaired you know what yu are doing and you know it has consequences..

if you wanted God to create robots he could have done that but as ever he created living things with, thought and reason, we are all capable of murder and worse but what keeps the majority in check??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2015 1:26 pm

Belatucadros wrote:

at the age of 16 the law classes you as an adult and responsible for your actions, some would say it should be before then.
Intelligence is relative, compared to einstein I guess most could claim deminished reasoning but unless you are clearly som how mentaly immpaired you know what yu are doing and you know it has consequences..

if you wanted God to create robots he could have done that but as ever he created living things with, thought and reason, we are all capable of murder and worse but what keeps the majority in check??

That reply just about missed every point I was making.
Well the law may well class a child as an adult at 16, but their minds do not full develop until 25. quite a gap in years. As to intelligence and emotions here they are very important to how people view and judge criminal acts. Though again as seen the judgements in the religious works are clearly led off emotions where the punishment for people of non-belief is eternal suffering in the most horrific ways possible. Again apply this to reality here in the now. What if a child stopped believing in their own father knowing they had committed some wrong or countless other reasons? Would the Father be justified to punish that child then for the rest of their lives or continually attempt to reconcile?

You see one is a negative emotional reaction the other a positive one in trying to reconcile.
Hence the deities found within the Abrahamic stories as seen allow negative emotions far more than humans do, to rule their judgements. Even worse off no criminal act we have enacted into power today in regards to not believing in your creators your parents for example in the west. In fact we abolished such laws on belief being mandatory for religion and rightly so. As such a method of fear is enforcing people to believe through fear of consequences.

If something is easily ruled by negative emotions, it is not something I would class in anyway as Good or right. It would be illogical the very thought of emotions ruling an all supremely intelligent being, because we all know that emotions can cloud very easily making the right decisions. Intelligent decisions do not require or need to act off negative emotions. Hence why the notion of an emotional supreme intelligence really make very little sense.

Right, have work to get on with.

Laters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2015 4:28 pm

Belatucadros wrote:

Well the law may well class a child as an adult at 16, but their minds do not full develop until 25. quite a gap in years. As to intelligence and emotions here they are very important to how people view and judge criminal acts. Though again as seen the judgements in the religious works are clearly led off emotions where the punishment for people of non-belief is eternal suffering in the most horrific ways possible. Again apply this to reality here in the now. What if a child stopped believing in their own father knowing they had committed some wrong or countless other reasons? Would the Father be justified to punish that child then for the rest of their lives or continually attempt to reconcile?

You see one is a negative emotional reaction the other a positive one in trying to reconcile.
Hence the deities found within the Abrahamic stories as seen allow negative emotions far more than humans do, to rule their judgements. Even worse off no criminal act we have enacted into power today in regards to not believing in your creators your parents for example in the west. In fact we abolished such laws on belief being mandatory for religion and rightly so. As such a method of fear is enforcing people to believe through fear of consequences.

If something is easily ruled by negative emotions, it is not something I would class in anyway as Good or right. It would be illogical the very thought of emotions ruling an all supremely intelligent being, because we all know that emotions can cloud very easily making the right decisions. Intelligent decisions do not require or need to act off negative emotions. Hence why the notion of an emotional supreme intelligence really make very little sense.

Laters
sounds completely like your opinion and no fact..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2015 4:50 pm

Belatucadros wrote:

Laters
sounds completely like your opinion and no fact..

Not really, the vast majority of negative emotions are not good for anyone, some can be beneficial depending on the context. Where positive emotions are helpful in most case but again can mislead someone and if they fail the fall can be far greater for an individual to get back up again. You have to then look at why this deity is allowing negative emotions to even create a place for people to be eternally punished. Such a concept is created through negativity in the guise to punish people for non-Belief, which clearly matters to have people love this deity and believe in them. That has all the hallmarks of insecurities, anger, resentment, vindictive and down right evil by enacting such a punishment. Again like I say apply the same reason to life today on a creator and creation, like parents and children. Apply this same emotive reasoning used by God to punish people if unloved, not believed in or wrongs committed against his commands.

After you do this, let me know that based on a child not loving his creators anymore and believing in them how the parents would be justified to make them suffer the most horrible pain possible for the rest of his life? Even after their own death through enacting a will so others can continue to make that person's life a "living hell"? Has these creators over reacted here in the most extremist way possible by any chance and have gone off the worst form of hate and vengeance to get back at their creation their child?

Laters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2015 5:33 pm

hmmm more opinion and heresay...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2015 5:39 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:hmmm more opinion and heresay...

Thanks for yours and thus I shall await for Zack instead who will actually engage the debate.

Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2015 5:48 pm

Belatucadros wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:hmmm more opinion and heresay...

Thanks for yours and thus I shall await for Zack instead who will actually engage the debate.

Cheers
is debate on information or heresay and opinion..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2015 5:58 pm

Belatucadros wrote:

Cheers

It can be many things, including methodology, applied concepts, comparisons etc.
As I say, you are just now detracting from the many points I gave and comparisons to apply to human creators as parents. So again thanks for your views, but I would rather entertain someone who wants to have a reasonable discussion on the points raised. Which clearly from your answers, or lack of them should I say, you are not interested in discussing them and just wasting my time, yet again.

Anyway maybe back later or tomorrow so have a good evening

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2015 6:29 pm

Belatucadros wrote:

It can be many things, including methodology, applied concepts, comparisons etc.
As I say, you are just now detracting from the many points I gave and comparisons to apply to human creators as parents. So again thanks for your views, but I would rather entertain someone who wants to have a reasonable discussion on the points raised. Which clearly from your answers, or lack of them should I say, you are not interested in discussing them and just wasting my time, yet again.

Anyway maybe back later or tomorrow so have a good evening
not detracting from anything as you haven't made any points outside of opinion and heresay, what is the point... byeee....... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4