NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is it just me or has the coverage of the Baltimore riots been almost hidden away?

2 posters

Go down

is it just me or has the coverage of the Baltimore riots been almost hidden away? Empty is it just me or has the coverage of the Baltimore riots been almost hidden away?

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2015 8:01 pm

perhaps i watch the wrong news channels??

Back to top Go down

is it just me or has the coverage of the Baltimore riots been almost hidden away? Empty Re: is it just me or has the coverage of the Baltimore riots been almost hidden away?

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 06, 2015 8:39 pm

Seems they're not going on anymore ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

is it just me or has the coverage of the Baltimore riots been almost hidden away? Empty Re: is it just me or has the coverage of the Baltimore riots been almost hidden away?

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2015 8:55 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Seems they're not going on anymore ...

it just seemed like they avoided showing anything about them it really was strange.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 06, 2015 8:58 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Seems they're not going on anymore ...

it just seemed like they avoided showing anything about them it really was strange.

In the U.S. we had wall-to-wall coverage on the TV news networks.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2015 9:01 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

In the U.S. we had wall-to-wall coverage on the TV news networks.

if it wasn't for the side bars on facebook it would have gone unmentioned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu May 07, 2015 5:49 am

They took place only on the date of the funeral of Freddie Gray. Only one day, really.

Other days have been fairly peaceful demonstrations.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 07, 2015 5:58 am

Yeah, the focus on the few who actually rioted is more racism. I love this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDxxK6gcloI

Thought you might have a bit more sympathy for the quest for justice for Freddie Gray, HOF. You know, since you're black, too ... Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 07, 2015 6:05 am

There was countless coverage of this in the UK.
I have no idea where HF is getting his reasoning as to why he thinks there was little coverage, when it was on every news channel and it every media source. There did happen to be a much bigger event happening at the time which always takes precedent and that was the Nepal Earthquake on 25th April. So am sorry that that a natural disaster took up too much more of the news that some riots which only escalated on the 25th of April.
So if the beef is around what event is of more importance, then it is a no brainer as to what was the far more significant event.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 07, 2015 6:08 am

Nemesis wrote:There was countless coverage of this in the UK.
I have no idea where HF is getting his reasoning as to why he thinks there was little coverage, when it was on every news channel and it every media source. There did happen to be a much bigger event happening at the time which always takes precedent and that was the Nepal Earthquake on 25th April. So am sorry that that a natural disaster took up too much more of the news that some riots which only escalated on the 25th of April.
So if the beef is around what event is of more importance, then it is a no brainer as to what was the far more significant event.

Didn't know that, of course, but here people were complaining about how much coverage it was getting. I heard people saying, "Can't we have more on the Tibetan earthquake?"
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 07, 2015 6:21 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Didn't know that, of course, but here people were complaining about how much coverage it was getting. I heard people saying, "Can't we have more on the Tibetan earthquake?"

Ah some civility at last, thank you.
It is easy to see why, when you look at the dates of the events and what was in the news more and why some mistakenly think the riots were not given much coverage. Its obvious why, when you see what was the far more pressing event

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 07, 2015 6:30 am

Nemesis wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Ah some civility at last, thank you.
It is easy to see why, when you look at the dates of the events and what was in the news more and why some mistakenly think the riots were not given much coverage. Its obvious why, when you see what was the far more pressing event

I strive to be civil Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down