NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gunmen shot dead at Dallas conference on Prophet cartoons

4 posters

Go down

Gunmen shot dead at Dallas conference on Prophet cartoons Empty Gunmen shot dead at Dallas conference on Prophet cartoons

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 8:46 am

Two gunmen have been shot dead after opening fire outside a conference on cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad in a suburb of Dallas, US police say.
They drove to the Curtis Culwell Center in Garland as the event was ending, and began shooting at a security officer before being killed by police.
The bomb squad has been called in to search their vehicle for explosives.
The event, organised by a group critical of Islam, included a contest for drawings of the Prophet.
Dutch anti-Islamic politician Geert Wilders had been one of the keynote speakers at the event. He tweeted that shots had been fired and he had safely left the building.
Security had been high around the centre because of the controversial nature of the event.
But Garland Police Department spokesman Joe Harn said there had been no credible threats in advance, and it was not immediately clear if the shootings were related to the event.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-32579396

Of course terrorist attacks do not happen in Dallas Texas according to our lefty Ben

Back to top Go down

Gunmen shot dead at Dallas conference on Prophet cartoons Empty Re: Gunmen shot dead at Dallas conference on Prophet cartoons

Post by Original Quill Mon May 04, 2015 4:15 pm

Nemesis wrote:Two gunmen have been shot dead after opening fire outside a conference on cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad in a suburb of Dallas, US police say.
They drove to the Curtis Culwell Center in Garland as the event was ending, and began shooting at a security officer before being killed by police.
The event, organised by a group critical of Islam, included a contest for drawings of the Prophet.
Dutch anti-Islamic politician Geert Wilders had been one of the keynote speakers at the event. He tweeted that shots had been fired and he had safely left the building.
Security had been high around the centre because of the controversial nature of the event.
But Garland Police Department spokesman Joe Harn said there had been no credible threats in advance, and it was not immediately clear if the shootings were related to the event.

Of course terrorist attacks do not happen in Dallas Texas according to our lefty Ben

I've got no dog in that fight.  Both sides are terrorists, and there are no tears for either of them.

At least in America they pit bad guys against bad guys, with no innocents in the middle. It was funny to see the so-called 'security' for the RWers, packing guns and bawling like babies. Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Gunmen shot dead at Dallas conference on Prophet cartoons Empty Re: Gunmen shot dead at Dallas conference on Prophet cartoons

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 4:38 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Nemesis wrote:Two gunmen have been shot dead after opening fire outside a conference on cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad in a suburb of Dallas, US police say.

I've got no dog in that fight.  Both sides are terrorists, and there are no tears for either of them.

At least in America they pit bad guys against bad guys, with no innocents in the middle.  It was funny to see the so-called 'security' for the RWers, packing guns and bawling like babies.  Rolling Eyes

No just two religious fanatics that think they have a right to murder people for taking the piss out of their religion, which Ben seems to live in some kind of bubble thinking they do not exist where he lives.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon May 04, 2015 4:56 pm

Two killed outside Mohammed cartoon contest in Garland, Texas
(CNN) -- A cartoon contest featuring controversial images of the Muslim Prophet Mohammed turned deadly Sunday night when two men pulled up in a car and opened fire. Police returned fire, killing both men after one wounded a security guard.

None of the approximately 200 people attending the event were hurt.
A federal law enforcement source told CNN's Susan Candiotti that one of the two men was a Phoenix resident who was convicted in 2011 of a terror-related charge. Elton Simpson is thought to have sent a tweet before the attack that read, in part, "May Allah accept us as mujahideen," the source said. It bore the hashtag, #texasattack."

Islamic terrorists strike again... lefties will excuse the terrorist attack again...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon May 04, 2015 7:22 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Two killed outside Mohammed cartoon contest in Garland, Texas
(CNN) -- A cartoon contest featuring controversial images of the Muslim Prophet Mohammed turned deadly Sunday night when two men pulled up in a car and opened fire. Police returned fire, killing both men after one wounded a security guard.

None of the approximately 200 people attending the event were hurt.
A federal law enforcement source told CNN's Susan Candiotti that one of the two men was a Phoenix resident who was convicted in 2011 of a terror-related charge. Elton Simpson is thought to have sent a tweet before the attack that read, in part, "May Allah accept us as mujahideen," the source said. It bore the hashtag, #texasattack."

Islamic terrorists strike again... lefties will excuse the terrorist attack again...

Erm...Tommy look again. The other side were white supremacist, white-trash, trailer-park anti-Muslim types. As long as they don't hurt anyone else in Garland, let them both have a go at each other.

The world will be a better place. Lol.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 7:25 pm

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t9326-Muslims-defend-pam-gellers-right-to-hate

Organised by Pam Geller on purpose to get that result.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon May 04, 2015 7:25 pm

There we go... just as predicted...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 7:26 pm

Nope, each side was as bad as one another. But Geller organised it on purpose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 7:28 pm

From the link I just gave:

Both before Pam Geller’s Draw Muhammad event and after the attack Sunday night, Muslim-American leaders vigorously defended her right to draw whatever she wants.

Anti-Muslim advocate Pam Geller has the absolute right to draw any cartoon she wants of the Prophet Muhammad. That was not just the response from Muslim-American leaders I spoke to after news broke Sunday night of a shooting outside a Garland, Texas, event that Geller had organized—offering $10,000 for people to draw images of Muhammad—but before that event as well.

As of the writing of this article, we know that after the conclusion of Geller’s event, two gunmen drove into the parking lot of the venue and fired shots that wounded one security officer. The two suspects were then reportedly killed by the police officers outside the venue. The identity and motivation of the gunmen is still not known as of press time.

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that some Muslims (and even people of other faiths) aren’t offended and/or disgusted by the idea of Geller offering $10,000 for people to draw despicable cartoons of Muhammad. This is akin to offering a prize for people to draw the most anti-Semitic or racist images imaginable, with the true goal being to stoke the flames of hate versus Jews or Blacks. But the reality is American Muslims deeply value freedom of expression.

Plus, to be blunt, we are used to Geller, a person who has been denounced by both the Anti-Defamation league and the Southern Poverty Law Center for her anti-Muslim hate. She’s been demonizing us Muslims for years and we fully get that her goal is to provoke and demonize in the hope of inspiring a response that attracts the media attention that she so desperately craves. Indeed, Geller is so over-the-top in her rabid hatred of Muslims that she has become a punchline in our community.

In fact, in the weeks leading up to her contest, the response by Muslim community has been a mix of ignoring her and comically mocking her.

Alia Salem, head of the Dallas chapter of the Council on Islamic Relations explained to me by phone Sunday night that she had “passionately urged” Muslims to ignore Geller. Salem said that she’s a strong supporter of freedom of expression and believes that Geller certainly has the right to draw hateful cartoons about any religious figure she so chooses, including the Prophet Muhammad. But she urged Muslim community members to not give Geller “what she wants” and respond or even protest the event.

In fact, on April 25, Salem posted a plea on Facebook to fellow Muslims in the Dallas/Forth Worth area “to ignore and encourage others to ignore Pamela Geller” and her contest. Salem noted that Geller’s goal is “to incite our community and rile us up and I do not want us to give her the satisfaction or the media attention she thrives on. Without our reaction she has no story at all and no draw for the media which is what keeps her going and allows her to get publicity.” Salem concluded, “Let's not fall for it. Please.”

The comments by Muslims (and non-Muslims alike) to this Facebook post applauded Salem with remark like, “completely agree. They're not worth acknowledging,” “I can't believe how lame she is,” and “I can't believe the purposeful hatefulness of this! I'm glad everyone is getting ready to ignore it, they just want a reaction!”

Salem’s words clearly had an impact. As a local reporter noted, not one protester showed up to the event. And the event itself went on without disruption. (The shooting took place in the parking lot after the event had concluded.)

Another popular Muslim-American website, Muslim Girl. net, responded to Geller in a way I truly applaud: comically ridiculing her antics. A few weeks ago, Muslim Girl launched its own campaign to draw images of Mohammed and asked people to post them with the hashtag #DM2015. As they noted, “we thought, why not push back against the hate—with love?”

But this contest had a comedic twist. As the Muslim Girl staff explained on its website, since “Muhammad is the most common name in the world...Chances are that all know a Muhammad. So, let’s draw Muhammad. Let’s honor his diversity. Let’s celebrate his many different faces. Let’s elevate his humanity.” The staff even included an entertaining video of people drawing images of Muhammad’s they know.

And Muslim-American leaders I spoke with outside of Texas universally defended Geller's right to draw cartoons. For example, Linda Sarsour, a New York City Muslim community leader, explained to me that Geller can “draw any damn cartoon she wants and I defend her right to do so. I have always fought for her right to be a bigot and I have the right to counter her bigotry with my own speech.”

I couldn’t agree more. In fact after the terrorist attack against the cartoonists at Charlie Hebdo's offices in Paris, I appeared on numerous media outlets urging the media to show every cartoon they had drawn of the Prophet Muhammad. The very essence of freedom of expression demands that we defend the broadcasting or publishing of images that we may not like or even find offensive. That is how important freedom of expression to our nation and it is a principle that Muslim-Americans agree with wholeheartedly.

I, along with Muslims across America, are hoping and even praying the two gunmen involved in this shooting were not Muslim. But if it turns they were, I can assure you that Muslim-American community and religious leaders will swiftly denounce it as well as make it clear that we absolutely defend freedom of expression. The only hope is that the media covers our responses with the same zeal they cover the attack.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/05/04/Muslims-defend-pam-geller-s-right-to-hate.html

For once Quill I agree with you, Pam Geller and the people who did the shooting deserve one another.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 7:28 pm

risingsun wrote:Nope, each side was as bad as one another.  But Geller organised it on purpose

So you are saying drawing a picture of Jesus to take the piss is being as bad as two people thinking that to insult a prophet is reason to kill?
Please explain that comparison for me that makes no sense?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon May 04, 2015 7:30 pm

Lefties now justify armed violent attacks on others.

But I bet they would condemn armed violent attacks on suspected Muslim child rape gangs here in UK...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 7:35 pm

No, said they were both as bad, neither was justified.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon May 04, 2015 7:38 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Lefties now justify armed violent attacks on others.

Not just others, tommy. People who would pull the same attacks back, if they could. Those are the people who go into theaters and schools and start shooting.

Tommy Monk wrote:But I bet they would condemn armed violent attacks on suspected Muslim child rape gangs here in UK...

Suspected by who...you? Gunmen shot dead at Dallas conference on Prophet cartoons 3489511464

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 7:38 pm

risingsun wrote:No, said they were both as bad, neither was justified.

So creating a cartoon that takes the piss out of religion is equivalent to murdering someone for it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon May 04, 2015 7:40 pm

Quill, are you saying armed violent attacks are justified against known Paki Muslim child rape gangs?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon May 04, 2015 7:55 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Quill, are you saying armed violent attacks are justified against known Paki Muslim child rape gangs?

Absolutely not.  But in case you didn't notice, we have a problem with guns and RW radical terrorists here in American.  All I'm saying is it is at least better for us law-abiding folks if the terrorists went after each other, as long as they keep away from our children and don't involve us.

Last edited by Original Quill on Mon May 04, 2015 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 7:57 pm

Do you know what the worst hypocrisy is in all of this.
Muslims claim victim status alert over some minor Warlord who lived 1400 years ago. Yet in the Quran they portray Alexander the Great, or as they refer to him as Iskandar as the devil and evil. Countless artwork portrays a King this way, who was seen as a living God, far more important to some than a Prophet.
So why is it okay for Muslims to insult a person from history a Great king no less, yet they are upset at some minor Warlord having the piss ripped out of him? Even as some Muslims claim it is not Alexander, they are still slagging off a King of Persia
Seriously, you think they may want to lead by example instead of being utter hypocrites.

Last edited by Nemesis on Mon May 04, 2015 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon May 04, 2015 8:00 pm

So quill is against armed violent attacks against known Muslim child rape gangs but supports Muslims committing armed violent attacks on some people having a cartoon drawing competition...

The lefties hate cartoons but love child rapists...!!!

You sick bastards!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon May 04, 2015 8:12 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:So quill is against armed violent attacks against known Muslim child rape gangs but supports Muslims committing armed violent attacks on some people having a cartoon drawing competition...

The lefties hate cartoons but love child rapists...!!!

You sick bastards!!!

"KNOWN" Muslim child rape gangs? That is a big leap from the "suspected" gangs you were talking about.

But that is the way of RWers. You don't use your brains and you end up sticking your dick in your ear.

You're drunk, tommy. Sleep it off.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon May 04, 2015 8:38 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Quill, are you saying armed violent attacks are justified against known Paki Muslim child rape gangs?

Absolutely not.  But in case you didn't notice, we have a problem with guns and RW radical terrorists here in American.  All I'm saying is it is at least better for us law-abiding folks if the terrorists went after each other, as long as they keep away from our children and don't involve us.

For quill... earlier post and reply... quill is against armed violent attacks against child rapists but supports armed violent attacks against people drawing cartoons...

And I've just had my first pint of beer and here in UK it's about 8-35 pm...

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue May 05, 2015 4:23 am

Tommy, if it's 8:30, that's your 4th or 5th pint and you're flying. I know you start at 3:30, maybe as late as 4 some days. Lol.

Gunmen shot dead at Dallas conference on Prophet cartoons Ifwt_man_flying_air

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 05, 2015 8:51 am

They had a whole conference on drawing cartoons of the Islamic Prophet, including a competition to see who could draw the best one?

That's just weird.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue May 05, 2015 2:47 pm

Ok quill... you keep on telling yourself whatever you want... it's still bullshit!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down