NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Georgia man’s life destroyed after he is jailed for 7 months — and then acquitted in 45 minutes

3 posters

Go down

Georgia man’s life destroyed after he is jailed for 7 months — and then acquitted in 45 minutes Empty Georgia man’s life destroyed after he is jailed for 7 months — and then acquitted in 45 minutes

Post by Guest Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:37 am

A Georgia man lost custody of his two sons, his business, his apartment, most of his belongings, and seven months of his life when he was jailed for allegedly attacking a social worker. John Blue was acquitted in January, after he was held without bond for more than a half a year in the Gwinnett County Jail, when a Division of Family and Children Services employee crashed into his van but accused him of attacking her, reported WSB-TV. The social worker had gone to Blue’s home to serve a court order to take the boys, ages 14 and 10, into state custody over an abuse claim.
She claimed Blue loaded the boys into his van and tried to drive away, but she attempted to block him in.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/04/georgia-mans-life-destroyed-after-he-is-jailed-for-7-months-and-then-acquitted-in-45-minutes/

Back to top Go down

Georgia man’s life destroyed after he is jailed for 7 months — and then acquitted in 45 minutes Empty Re: Georgia man’s life destroyed after he is jailed for 7 months — and then acquitted in 45 minutes

Post by Original Quill Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:35 pm

Southern state, racist southerners.

Next?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Georgia man’s life destroyed after he is jailed for 7 months — and then acquitted in 45 minutes Empty Re: Georgia man’s life destroyed after he is jailed for 7 months — and then acquitted in 45 minutes

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:02 pm

It happens all the time - people who are acquitted of serious crimes have often spent longer than that in prison. It makes no difference what colour they are.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:11 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:It happens all the time - people who are acquitted of serious crimes have often spent longer than that in prison. It makes no difference what colour they are.

Where have you been in the past 500-years? How can you expected to be taken seriously when you try to reconstruct history like that?

And Russia invented the sewing machine, right?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:12 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:It happens all the time - people who are acquitted of serious crimes have often spent longer than that in prison. It makes no difference what colour they are.

Where have you been in the past 500-years?  How can you expected to be taken seriously when you try to reconstruct history like that?

And Russia invented the sewing machine, right?

Huh? Are you suggesting that nobody other than that man is ever banged up awaiting trial for a crime they are subsequently acquitted of, or that nobody is ever released from prison on appeal after years?

You're the one who needs to broaden your mind instead of bleating on about black people all the friggin time.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:19 pm

One of your own citizens lost years of freedom when she was accused of killing someone, so where is your concern for her?

Oh, she's white so she doesn't count, right?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:31 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:One of your own citizens lost years of freedom when she was accused of killing someone, so where is your concern for her?

I think there has always been a care and concern for justice in this country...just less so for the black man. It's a different debate, Raggs. You're barking out a hollow tube.

We need a stronger voice for the black citizen right now, because look around you: Treyvon Martin, Jordan Davis, Michael Brown, Yvette Smith, Eric Garner, Miriam Carey, Walter Scott, Tamir Rice, Freddie Gray...well, the list is too long. Just look at them in the eyes...

Georgia man’s life destroyed after he is jailed for 7 months — and then acquitted in 45 minutes Ac6qxuw3ogsc6chngc5o

http://gawker.com/unarmed-people-of-color-killed-by-police-1999-2014-1666672349

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:44 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:One of your own citizens lost years of freedom when she was accused of killing someone, so where is your concern for her?

I think there has always been a care and concern for justice in this country...just less so for the black man.  It's a different debate, Raggs.  You're barking out a hollow tube.

We need a stronger voice for the black citizen right now, because look around you: Treyvon Martin, Jordan Davis, Michael Brown, Yvette Smith, Eric Garner, Miriam Carey, Walter Scott, Tamir Rice, Freddie Gray...well, the list is too long.  Just look at them in the eyes...

Georgia man’s life destroyed after he is jailed for 7 months — and then acquitted in 45 minutes Ac6qxuw3ogsc6chngc5o

http://gawker.com/unarmed-people-of-color-killed-by-police-1999-2014-1666672349

I've told you before - including Trayvon Martin just weakens your argument. George Zimmerman was acquitted on a plea of self-defence, and I think that was reasonable, although I think that a manslaughter verdict would also have been reasonable. I don't think Trayvon Martin was shot because he was black, and I don't think that Zimmerman was acquitted because he's not black (he's not white either IMO).

Where is your concern for white people who have been banged up and then acquitted later? Where is your concern for white people who have been killed? If you only care about people with a certain skin colour, that makes you a bit uncaring.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:00 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:George Zimmerman was acquitted on a plea of self-defence...

That's a major part of the problem.  They are getting away with murder.

Raggamuffin wrote:I think that was reasonable...

And a whole country disagrees with you.  Look around...

Rafffamuffin wrote:Where is your concern for white people who have been banged up and then acquitted later? Where is your concern for white people who have been killed? If you only care about people with a certain skin colour, that makes you a bit uncaring.

That is a red herring.  White people are doing just fine, Raggs.  They are being fed, housed, growing-up, getting educated, getting jobs, having families, going on vacations, buying bigger houses, in better neighborhoods, retiring and going on dream round-the-world trips, playing golf, tennis...living the good life.  They are doing fine.

The problem--and the issue in this story--is that the same is not happening to blacks and their families.

You don't seem to realize that we are treating a crisis here.  You look at it like a 'zero-sum' game...whatever blacks get is taken from your table.  If we were rescuing someone (white, if you please) from a burning house, would you begrudge them the use of the water to put the fire out?  After all, they are wasting your water...

Georgia man’s life destroyed after he is jailed for 7 months — and then acquitted in 45 minutes Article-2657073-1EBE7D9600000578-114_964x696

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:11 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:George Zimmerman was acquitted on a plea of self-defence...

Raggamuffin wrote:I think that was reasonable...

Rafffamuffin wrote:Where is your concern for white people who have been banged up and then acquitted later? Where is your concern for white people who have been killed? If you only care about people with a certain skin colour, that makes you a bit uncaring.

That is a red herring.  White people are doing just fine, Raggs.  They are being fed, housed, growing-up, getting educated, getting jobs, having families, going on vacations, buying bigger houses, in better neighborhoods, retiring and going on dream round-the-world trips, playing golf, tennis...living the good life.  They are doing fine.

The problem--and the issue in this story--is that the same is not happening to blacks and their families.

You don't seem to realize that we are treating a crisis here.  You look at it like a 'zero-sum' game...whatever blacks get is taken from your table.  If we were rescuing someone (white, if you please) from a burning house, would you begrudge them the use of the water to put the fire out?  After all, they are wasting your water...

Georgia man’s life destroyed after he is jailed for 7 months — and then acquitted in 45 minutes Article-2657073-1EBE7D9600000578-114_964x696

I don't care who disagrees with me about the Zimmerman verdict. I watched the evidence, unlike some, and I concluded from the evidence that it was self defence, or at the most, manslaughter - based on the fact that it wasn't clear who put their hands on the other one first.

So you're saying that a white person who has been killed is still eating, living in a house, and going on holiday? Even if they are alive, they're not necessarily doing all those things you mentioned.

I think you just lost the plot. Your problem is that you lump everyone together - white people are just all the same to you, and it doesn't seem to matter to you whether individual ones are dead or alive. You only care about black people really, don't you?

Your last paragraph is nonsense. Whatever black people get is from what they earned - like everyone else, or what they got in benefits - like everyone else.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:14 pm

Are you black quill?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:17 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I don't care who disagrees with me about the Zimmerman verdict. I watched the evidence, unlike some, and I concluded from the evidence that it was self defence, or at the most, manslaughter - based on the fact that it wasn't clear who put their hands on the other one first.

So you're saying that a white person who has been killed is still eating, living in a house, and going on holiday? Even if they are alive, they're not necessarily doing all those things you mentioned.

I think you just lost the plot. Your problem is that you lump everyone together - white people are just all the same to you, and it doesn't seem to matter to you whether individual ones are dead or alive. You only care about black people really, don't you?

Your last paragraph is nonsense. Whatever black people get is from what they earned - like everyone else, or what they got in benefits - like everyone else.

You are getting confused. You need to think about your arguments more closely. The comparison is on a quantitative basis. You can't generalize from specifics.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:18 pm

nicko wrote:Are you black quill?

My photograph is at the top of every one of my posts. What do you think? Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:21 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You are getting confused.  You need to think about your arguments more closely.  The comparison is on a quantitative basis.  You can't generalize from specifics.

I'm not confused at all. If you want to generalise, stop being so specific about what white people do - they don't all do those things, and some of them do get killed. If you want to do this on a quantitative basis, I would say that more white people in the US are killed than black people.

Why do you want to generalise anyway?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:29 pm

That's not your photo Quill, it's of a film star, Dirk Bogart!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:35 pm

nicko wrote:That's not your photo Quill,  it's of a film star,  Dirk Bogart!

Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:42 pm

Who is Dirk Bogart? Put up his pic...I wanna compare. Razz

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:45 pm

Original Quill wrote:

Who is Dirk Bogart?  Put up his pic...I wanna compare.  Razz

He means Dirk Bogarde.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:46 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Who is Dirk Bogart?  Put up his pic...I wanna compare.  Razz

He means Dirk Bogarde.

Never heard of him.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:48 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

He means Dirk Bogarde.

Never heard of him.

Oh dear ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:49 pm

He lost his home, job and children all within 7 moths of being wrongly convicted and is now living in the car.

I think the time he spent is of the least importance to what he lost overall.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:50 pm

Nemesis wrote:

He lost his home, job and children all within 7 moths of being wrongly convicted and is now living in the car.

It looks like he was going to lose his children anyway before this happened. I expect everyone who is banged up loses their job and possibly their home as well - unless they own it outright.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:53 pm

Nemesis wrote:

Clearly.  

He wasn't convicted though; indeed, he was acquitted.  He was held for 7 months.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:58 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

Clearly.  

He wasn't convicted though; indeed, he was acquitted.  He was held for 7 months.

My mistake, wrongly held to then lose basically everything for being innocent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:01 pm

Nemesis wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Clearly.  

It happens all the time though. Loads of people are held in prison and then acquitted, either after one trial, or after an appeal.

Perhaps he could claim compensation or something.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:10 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

It happens all the time though. Loads of people are held in prison and then acquitted, either after one trial, or after an appeal.

Easier said than done and again if it keeps happening and even more so to black people in the US, then there is a fundamental problem. Just like the UK, the Ministry of Justice report found a clear racial bias to minorities, where they are stopped and searched, arrested and sentences disproportionally more so than those classed as white.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:13 pm

Nemesis wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Easier said than done and again if it keeps happening and even more so to black people in the US, then there is a fundamental problem. Just like the UK, the Ministry of Justice report found a clear racial bias to minorities, where they are stopped and searched, arrested and sentences disproportionally more so than those classed as white.

Why only black people? Some white people are also held on remand for crimes they didn't commit. This is an article about one person.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:15 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

Why only black people? Some white people are also held on remand for crimes they didn't commit. This is an article about one person.

To any it is wrong and again you miss the point:

Read:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/courts-are-biased-against-blacks-with-white-offenders-less-likely-to-be-jailed-for-similar-crimes-says-official-report-8959804.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:18 pm

Nemesis wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Read:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/courts-are-biased-against-blacks-with-white-offenders-less-likely-to-be-jailed-for-similar-crimes-says-official-report-8959804.html

Er ... he was acquitted.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:21 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

Read:

Er ... he was acquitted.

Yes and it happens disproportionally more to black people.

Starting to work out how bad the problem is more so for some groups?

Like here it was deceit that led to his incarceration.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:23 pm

Nemesis wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Er ... he was acquitted.

Are you complaining about him not getting bail, or the fact that it took seven months for the case to come to trial?

If the woman lied she should be investigated obviously, but being acquitted doesn't necessarily lead to witnesses for the prosecution being prosecuted for perjury.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:25 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

Are you complaining about him not getting bail, or the fact that it took seven months for the case to come to trial?

If the woman lied she should be investigated obviously, but being acquitted doesn't necessarily lead to witnesses for the prosecution being prosecuted for perjury.

Where did I claim anything you are saying?

What am I stating to you?

Its not difficult, in fact its quite simple

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:29 pm

Nemesis wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Huh? A man was accused of a crime, and was arrested and held on remand. How is that in any way unique?

What exactly is the point you're making?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:30 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

Huh? A man was accused of a crime, and was arrested and held on remand. How is that in any way unique?

Try again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:31 pm

Nemesis wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Try again.

Or you could explain why you linked to a non-story.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:32 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

Try again.

Try again

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:34 pm

Nemesis wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Try again

I'm not here to pander to you. If you can't explain what your point is, that's your problem.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:36 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

Try again

I'm not here to pander to you. If you can't explain what your point is, that's your problem.

Try again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:54 pm

Why is Didge trolling all over this forum?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:57 pm

Still not worked it out.

Try again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:04 pm

Nemesis wrote:Still not worked it out.

Try again.

Stop trolling ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:08 pm

Still has not worked it out and it is so easy.

I wonder how long I can keep this going until she figures it out?

lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:16 pm

Nemesis wrote:Still has not worked it out and it is so easy.

I wonder how long I can keep this going until she figures it out?

lol

Stop trolling ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:21 pm

Wrong answer.

Try again

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:31 pm

Nemesis wrote:Wrong answer.

Try again

Stop trolling ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:31 pm

Wrong answer.

Try again

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:30 pm

Enfin je me rappelai le pis-aller d’une grande princesse à qui l’on disait que les paysans n’avaient pas de pain, et qui répondit: Qu’ils mangent de la brioche.

--Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Confessions

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_them_eat_cake

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down