NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day in the life of a Solictor trying to cope with a justice system destroyed by the Government

2 posters

Go down

Day in the life of a Solictor trying to cope with a justice system destroyed by the Government Empty Day in the life of a Solictor trying to cope with a justice system destroyed by the Government

Post by Guest Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:47 pm

I've just got home. It's been quite a long day.

This morning I was supposed to have a trial. I didn't have a trial because the CPS didn't serve the evidence which they were directed to serve two months ago. There was a specific court order telling them to serve it. They didn't. Instead, when they found out that their copy of the evidence didn't work (it was a CCTV recording) they just decided not to rely on it, and claimed that made everything OK.

When the CPS breach their disclosure obligations (which they had clearly done here) they are supposed to apply for an adjournment and if that is refused they are supposed to offer no evidence, and the case is dismissed. What they do instead, is lie, claim they haven't breached their disclosure obligations, refuse to offer no evidence, and the defence have to apply for the adjournment. That's what I did. The case was adjourned.

I went back to the office, and reviewed the batch of legal aid cuts that will be introduced in January. These introduce a flat, greatly reduced, fee for nearly all magistrates trials. Solicitors who get cases adjourned because the CPS haven't served the evidence that could exonerate their client, will swiftly go bankrupt as a result. In fact, solicitors who do any work on their cases at all will swiftly go bankrupt. The only way to stay in business will be deal with a large number of cases and pressure all your clients into pleading guilty. If you think that is a result which the government has achieved by accident, then you're a fucking idiot.

When I left the office I didn't go home. Instead, I added an hour to my journey by driving in the opposite direction to go and feed a client's cats. He got remanded a few days ago. The police suffered one of their frequent not-my-job-can't-be-arsed attacks and left his cats in situ. It's not my job either, but the RSPCA and Cats Protection will only take them if he signs them over for permanent re-homing, which seems a bit harsh as he hasn't been convicted of anything yet, and even if he was agreeable, he can't do anything right now because he's in prison. So I went and fed the cats, because no one else was willing to.

Don't worry, though. This sort of thing won't be the case for long. I'll be out of a job in a few months. Even if my firm manages to win a contract this autumn, no one who does the job well will be able to make a living at it post-January. The only advice you'll get after that is Plead Guilty, but it won't be from me. And there's no chance at all that anyone will feed your cats.

I'm not a good person. A lot of people I know are good people and they don't wish retribution on those who are creating this situation.

I'm not a good person, though. I do wish it. I wish for everyone who voted for this government to be arrested and charged with something they didn't do. I wish for them to fall into the meat grinder that our justice system is becoming. I wish for them to suffer the trauma and stress and injustice that they were content to inflict on others because they didn't think it would happen to them.

It won't though. The system works, you see. The system is that if you keep about a third of the country comfortable, you can pay for it with the blood and misery of the rest, and still keep getting elected.

Whether or not you put your dick into a pig's head doesn't really come into it.

https://www.facebook.com/philip.mahoney.9/posts/10153016373712397

For the first time in our history, if you want to plead not guilty YOU HAVE TO PAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the sheep don't even notice.

Back to top Go down

Day in the life of a Solictor trying to cope with a justice system destroyed by the Government Empty Re: Day in the life of a Solictor trying to cope with a justice system destroyed by the Government

Post by Irn Bru Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:52 pm

That's the Tories for you. Rats.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Day in the life of a Solictor trying to cope with a justice system destroyed by the Government Empty Re: Day in the life of a Solictor trying to cope with a justice system destroyed by the Government

Post by eddie Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:00 am

Whoa!! What the fuck?

My son is looking to go into law. It's a bit of a passion for him... Shall I tell him not to bother?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:22 am

eddie wrote:Whoa!! What the fuck?

My son is looking to go into law. It's a bit of a passion for him... Shall I tell him not to bother?

I'm sure he will be fine.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:23 pm

eddie wrote:Whoa!! What the fuck?

Tell him to stay well away from criminal law.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:28 pm

sassy wrote:I've just got home. It's been quite a long day.

This morning I was supposed to have a trial. I didn't have a trial because the CPS didn't serve the evidence which they were directed to serve two months ago. There was a specific court order telling them to serve it. They didn't. Instead, when they found out that their copy of the evidence didn't work (it was a CCTV recording) they just decided not to rely on it, and claimed that made everything OK.

When the CPS breach their disclosure obligations (which they had clearly done here) they are supposed to apply for an adjournment and if that is refused they are supposed to offer no evidence, and the case is dismissed. What they do instead, is lie, claim they haven't breached their disclosure obligations, refuse to offer no evidence, and the defence have to apply for the adjournment. That's what I did. The case was adjourned.

I went back to the office, and reviewed the batch of legal aid cuts that will be introduced in January. These introduce a flat, greatly reduced, fee for nearly all magistrates trials. Solicitors who get cases adjourned because the CPS haven't served the evidence that could exonerate their client, will swiftly go bankrupt as a result. In fact, solicitors who do any work on their cases at all will swiftly go bankrupt. The only way to stay in business will be deal with a large number of cases and pressure all your clients into pleading guilty. If you think that is a result which the government has achieved by accident, then you're a fucking idiot.

When I left the office I didn't go home. Instead, I added an hour to my journey by driving in the opposite direction to go and feed a client's cats. He got remanded a few days ago. The police suffered one of their frequent not-my-job-can't-be-arsed attacks and left his cats in situ. It's not my job either, but the RSPCA and Cats Protection will only take them if he signs them over for permanent re-homing, which seems a bit harsh as he hasn't been convicted of anything yet, and even if he was agreeable, he can't do anything right now because he's in prison. So I went and fed the cats, because no one else was willing to.

Don't worry, though. This sort of thing won't be the case for long. I'll be out of a job in a few months. Even if my firm manages to win a contract this autumn, no one who does the job well will be able to make a living at it post-January. The only advice you'll get after that is Plead Guilty, but it won't be from me. And there's no chance at all that anyone will feed your cats.

I'm not a good person. A lot of people I know are good people and they don't wish retribution on those who are creating this situation.

I'm not a good person, though. I do wish it. I wish for everyone who voted for this government to be arrested and charged with something they didn't do. I wish for them to fall into the meat grinder that our justice system is becoming. I wish for them to suffer the trauma and stress and injustice that they were content to inflict on others because they didn't think it would happen to them.

It won't though. The system works, you see. The system is that if you keep about a third of the country comfortable, you can pay for it with the blood and misery of the rest, and still keep getting elected.

Whether or not you put your dick into a pig's head doesn't really come into it.

https://www.facebook.com/philip.mahoney.9/posts/10153016373712397

For the first time in our history, if you want to plead not guilty YOU HAVE TO PAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the sheep don't even notice.

What the flying fuck is this post about? And I don't expect coppers to feed cats.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down