NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunter Ian Gibson Trampled To Death By Elephant He Was Tracking To Kill For Ivory

+6
Original Quill
veya_victaous
captain
Cass
eddie
Irn Bru
10 posters

Go down

Hunter Ian Gibson Trampled To Death By Elephant He Was Tracking To Kill For Ivory Empty Hunter Ian Gibson Trampled To Death By Elephant He Was Tracking To Kill For Ivory

Post by Irn Bru Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:15 am

A professional game hunter has been trampled to death by an elephant he was attempting to kill.

Ian Gibson was leading a hunt in Chewore North in the lower Zambezi Valley of Zimbabwe, when the bull elephant “began a full charge. ”

In an online note on the website of his employers Safari Classics, the company explained Gibson had been tracking the elephant for five hours with a client when they stopped for a rest.

It adds: “Feeling he was quite close to the elephant, Ian and his tracker Robert continued to follow the tracks in hopes of getting a look at the ivory as the client stayed with the game scout.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/04/17/hunter-ian-gibson-trampled-death-elephant-tracking-kill_n_7085374.html

So the Elephant won. Tough sh!t on the guy but that's the chnce you take.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Hunter Ian Gibson Trampled To Death By Elephant He Was Tracking To Kill For Ivory Empty Re: Hunter Ian Gibson Trampled To Death By Elephant He Was Tracking To Kill For Ivory

Post by eddie Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:52 am

Ah. Shame. Shoulda left the elephant alone stupid fool.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Hunter Ian Gibson Trampled To Death By Elephant He Was Tracking To Kill For Ivory Empty Re: Hunter Ian Gibson Trampled To Death By Elephant He Was Tracking To Kill For Ivory

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:25 am

Hope he missed the elephant and it lives and long and happy life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:03 pm

Idiot.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:19 pm

serves him bloody well right, ass hole

its one thing hunting "pest species" (and even better edible pest like rabbit Hunter Ian Gibson Trampled To Death By Elephant He Was Tracking To Kill For Ivory 3922118137 )
its one thing hunting something like deer (culling) Hunter Ian Gibson Trampled To Death By Elephant He Was Tracking To Kill For Ivory 3922118137 to maintain numbers and ensure a healthy herd, however "cruel" that might seem

it is entirely another hunting animals that are in low numbers for profit and so called "sport"

I mean if there were millions of elephants and they were seriously impinging on human activities they might be good reason.....but they are not doing so, they are relatively rare(and getting rarer) so

elephant 1 ass hole 0
cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:19 pm

It's hard to believe that there is still a market for ivory in 2015.  That's the real issue, no demand, no supply necessary Sad

As for the hunter, no sympathy. Karma Hunter Ian Gibson Trampled To Death By Elephant He Was Tracking To Kill For Ivory Yes10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:00 pm

Oh dear what a shame never mind

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:30 am

Nems wrote:Oh dear what a shame never mind

Don't you like elephants nems? elephant lol!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:35 am

my thoughts exactly nems

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:38 am

it can take a wile for animals as a collective to be wary of humans
maybe they are starting to fight back .......hope so

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:15 am

korban dallas wrote:it can take a wile for animals as a collective to be wary of humans
maybe they are starting to fight back  .......hope so

Remember the movie 'The Birds' What a Face
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:31 am

Irn Bru wrote:
korban dallas wrote:it can take a wile for animals as a collective to be wary of humans

Sad Poor man. Laughing Bet he had a bit of a shock thinking he had the upper hand What a Face At least he will serve a good purpose now and feed the planet, as we all will one day. Smile In clay or dust.

My little elephant (without a trunk) bangs the living room door with his feet if he wants a crap, and he will get me out of bed real quick if he is desperate. He knows to darn much, more than I can put into words. He just communicates really well. Can't see him taking a banner and protesting yet, but give him time. Thinking of turning him into a chicken body guard, you know, giving him a real job, about time he earned his lentils, veg, garlic, ginger gravy and the odd clove, satsuma or banana, sometimes both, usually chunks of carrot, sometimes not. The conservatives gets free workers, bet they don't eat as good as mine. Do you think I could put a claim in for my child/elephant:?:

Anyway, you guys are a little on the strange side, I can only take so much strangeness these days. Back soon. bom Wink Hunter Ian Gibson Trampled To Death By Elephant He Was Tracking To Kill For Ivory 2086560741
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:22 am

darknessss wrote:serves him bloody well right, ass hole

its one thing hunting "pest species" (and even better edible pest like rabbit Hunter Ian Gibson Trampled To Death By Elephant He Was Tracking To Kill For Ivory 3922118137 )
its one thing hunting something like deer (culling)  Hunter Ian Gibson Trampled To Death By Elephant He Was Tracking To Kill For Ivory 3922118137 to maintain numbers and ensure a healthy herd, however "cruel" that might seem

it is entirely another hunting animals that are in low numbers for profit and so called "sport"

I mean if there were millions of elephants and they were seriously impinging on human activities they might be good reason.....but they are not doing so, they are relatively rare(and getting rarer) so

elephant 1 ass hole 0
cheers

If all hunter thought like that it would be so much better
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:35 am

korban dallas wrote:
my thoughts exactly nems

How anyone could kill those beautiful creatures is beyond me

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:45 pm

Nems wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
my thoughts exactly nems

because they are sick f**** and think its "fun"
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:48 pm

Cass wrote:
Nems wrote:

because they are sick f**** and think its "fun"

Sick indeed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:57 pm

veya_victaous wrote:

its one thing hunting something like deer (culling)  Hunter Ian Gibson Trampled To Death By Elephant He Was Tracking To Kill For Ivory 3922118137 to maintain numbers and ensure a healthy herd, however "cruel" that might seem

elephant 1 ass hole 0
cheers

If all hunter thought like that it would be so much better

One reason I dont generally do "driven pheasant "

although, since they are reared specifically for shooting and then ususally eaten (certainly every pheasant I have shot ) Its not really disimilar to chickens being raised for meat is it?

over here MOST "common folk" shooters (as opposed to a rare (and fortunately getting rarer) few "toff" shooters) strongly beleive in the ethic of "respect for quarry"

you take it as humanely as possible, to the point of foregoing a shot if its likely only to wound
you take only whats necessary for the task in hand
and if its reasonable to do so you put what you take into food...

(ok so we cant eat crows or foxes)

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:49 pm

Irn Bru wrote:

Yes, filmed just up here, in Sonoma County.

Had a birthday lunch at the famous Tides Restaurant a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.innatthetides.com/default.aspx?pg=tideswharf

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:54 pm

elephant 1 ass hole 0
cheers

Love rabbits, lay off them or I'll hunt you Razz We should always protect and respect elephants they are just so beautiful and have wonderful loving natures, they will always be a bad egg. We sure have enough crass people.

Agreed on the rest.
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:17 am

Hunter Ian Gibson Trampled To Death By Elephant He Was Tracking To Kill For Ivory Enhanced-buzz-3407-1429303426-8
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:28 am

Great, love it when the underdog wins- especially when the underdog isn't even aware if being part of any sport Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:17 am

Hunter Ian Gibson Trampled To Death By Elephant He Was Tracking To Kill For Ivory X91Nk1

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:31 am

Original Quill wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

Yes, filmed just up here, in Sonoma County.

Had a birthday lunch at the famous Tides Restaurant a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.innatthetides.com/default.aspx?pg=tideswharf

Looks good Quill, but I hope you did not eat the fish.

Belated happy birthday. Smile
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:07 am

Shooting Elephants is wrong, but I'm sure his wife and children loved some of the comments on here!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:01 am

I'm sure the partners and children of every dead psychopath, mass murderer, rapist, terrorist and child killer would be upset about things said about their twisted beloveds, nicko.

Have you never spoke ill of dead evil people nicko?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:29 am

Yes I have, Hitler, pol pot, idi amin and so on. Have you? That was one of your more stupid responses. His wife and kids have lost their father, they didn't shoot it. Evil or Very Mad
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:31 am

nicko wrote:Yes I have, Hitler, pol pot, idi amin and so on.     Have you?   That was one of your more stupid responses.  His wife and kids have lost their father,  they didn't shoot it. Evil or Very Mad

Perhaps they should have tried to talk him out of hunting animals instead of turning a blind eye.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:36 am

Perhaps that,s all he can do to put food on the table, Sad
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:54 am

Westerners who hunt in Africa are not poor nicko.

And it seems you miss the point- evil people who you have spoke ill of also had loved ones who never harmed anyone. Even bad people are loved by someone, that doesn't mean we should be nice about them if they die- especially if they were cruel in life, which Pol Pot, Mirah Hindley and elephant hunters are.

Do you speak ill of suicide bombers nicko? They have parents who love them you know.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by nicko Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:44 pm

They have parents who love them! THEN WHY DO THEY LET THEM KILL THEMSELVES and take innocents with them.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:00 pm

Elizl no answer to that then?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:18 pm

Nicko I'm not available every minute to reply you know.

Anyway that isn't the point- their parents perhaps weren't aware what their child was doing. The point is you would speak ill of them and not give a damn about their parents. So you are demonstrating double atandards.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:35 pm

veya_victaous wrote:Hunter Ian Gibson Trampled To Death By Elephant He Was Tracking To Kill For Ivory Enhanced-buzz-3407-1429303426-8

the case of the missing punctuation

rather like the sign at the gate of Wollaton Park in Nottingham

which says

Escaping deer please shut the gate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:10 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:You shouldn't ride an elephant, visit one of those parks (or circus) where they have elephant based entertainment or a zoo, for that matter.

Google 'why you shouldn't ride an elephant', as one example.

Free the elephant.

I wish I hadn't Hunter Ian Gibson Trampled To Death By Elephant He Was Tracking To Kill For Ivory Cry_ti13 not that I ever would have anyway.  In Cuba this time they had a baby alligator with it's mouth taped up which they were using to pose for photos on peoples heads etc.  

Disgusting Hunter Ian Gibson Trampled To Death By Elephant He Was Tracking To Kill For Ivory Angry_11

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:02 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Fuzzy Zack wrote:You shouldn't ride an elephant, visit one of those parks (or circus) where they have elephant based entertainment or a zoo, for that matter.

Google 'why you shouldn't ride an elephant', as one example.

Free the elephant.

I wish I hadn't Hunter Ian Gibson Trampled To Death By Elephant He Was Tracking To Kill For Ivory Cry_ti13 not that I ever would have anyway.  In Cuba this time they had a baby alligator with it's mouth taped up which they were using to pose for photos on peoples heads etc.  

Disgusting Hunter Ian Gibson Trampled To Death By Elephant He Was Tracking To Kill For Ivory Angry_11

Why are people so damned cruel? Sad Poor little thing.
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:10 pm

nicko wrote:Yes I have, Hitler, pol pot, idi amin and so on.     Have you?   That was one of your more stupid responses.  His wife and kids have lost their father,  they didn't shoot it. Evil or Very Mad

How many baby elephants have lost their families how many elephants have been hunted by how many maniacs. If I had a father like that, I would not want to know him.
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:47 pm

nicko wrote:Perhaps that,s all he can do to put food on the table, Sad

I don't think he was planning to eat the Elephant nicko.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down