NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Paedophile Hunter' Stinson Hunter raises nearly £30k for Kickstarter project

3 posters

Go down

'Paedophile Hunter' Stinson Hunter raises nearly £30k for Kickstarter project Empty 'Paedophile Hunter' Stinson Hunter raises nearly £30k for Kickstarter project

Post by Guest Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:51 pm

'Paedophile Hunter' Stinson Hunter raises nearly £30k for Kickstarter project Stinson-hunter2

Stinson Hunter has raised nearly £30,000 in Kickstarter pledges since he appeared in controversial Channel 4 show The Paedophile Hunter last week.

The self-styled “undercover journalist” has raised £27,009 in pledges on his Kickstarter page after starring in the documentary that showed him go undercover to expose potential paedophiles.

In the film, Hunter posed as under-aged girls on over-18 chat rooms in an attempt to lure paedophiles to his home.

His team then filmed the alleged paedophiles as they entered his home and posted the footage on social media after sending it to the police.

Over 1,400 people have pledged money for the vigilante’s ‘Project #1’ on his Kickstarter page, with one generous donor giving £5,000 to his project.

Those who donate have been promised a personalised video and unseen footage of Hunter’s confrontations.

Hunter states on his Kickstarter page that he and partner ‘Grime’ have plans to expand their project to different areas of the UK and parts of the “wider world”.

He also promises a “revolution within journalism” and plans to make a number of documentaries himself, including “feature length films based on ideas and things that inspire us”.

In a statement on his Kickstarter Page, he said: “Our heart will always reside within the protection of children; but it’s time for a revolution within journalism. It’s time to bring to light the subjects other media outlets have been too afraid to delve into. And it starts with you.  For the last 18 months, we have been relying on one camera. Our skills and talents are not able to flourish with the restraints that the lack of funding has placed on us. The creativity of our projects have been limited to a tight budget. But with your financial backing, you can set us free.”

The police do not support Hunter's actions. Detective Superintendent Martin Hurcomb from West Midlands Police’s Public Protection Department said: “While we appreciate this is an emotive subject we do not encourage vigilantism of this kind and would warn those who take this approach that they could be breaking the law.

"They could also be disrupting criminal investigations and compromising the safety of vulnerable victims who would be best protected by the police."

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/paedophile-hunter-stinson-hunter-raises-nearly-30k-for-kickstarter-project-9777474.html

I have to agree with the Police, some things are best left to them to investigate.  How long will it be before going "undercover to expose potential paedophiles" turns into taking justice into their own hands?  What purpose does posting footage on social media serve when the Police have already been informed, dangerous  No

Back to top Go down

'Paedophile Hunter' Stinson Hunter raises nearly £30k for Kickstarter project Empty Re: 'Paedophile Hunter' Stinson Hunter raises nearly £30k for Kickstarter project

Post by Guest Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:05 pm

If the police and "other authorities" did the job they were supposed to do there wouldnt be the need for this.
the Police comments above strike me as "sour grapes"

Back to top Go down

'Paedophile Hunter' Stinson Hunter raises nearly £30k for Kickstarter project Empty Re: 'Paedophile Hunter' Stinson Hunter raises nearly £30k for Kickstarter project

Post by Guest Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:13 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:If the police and "other authorities" did the job they were supposed to do there wouldnt be the need for this.
the Police comments above strike me as "sour grapes"

Hi Victor, hope you're well x

What about the fact that those who donate have been promised a personalised video and unseen footage of Hunter’s confrontations? Do you not think this could lead to violence against people who have not been convicted of any crime? I have to question Hunter's motivations.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:18 pm

Oh no doubt FTL, and whilst any "extra judicial" activity would be both deplorable and unreasonable, lets face it the media did cause exactly that in the past.

however as long as you have situations like bradford, rotherham and now i suspect, you will see birmingham shortly, where the authorities deliberately mis-use their "authority" in the persuit of some sort of political capital, or out of fear (either of the perps OR of the "consequences of revelation of their activities". i.e out of concern over community cohesion ) then people like this guy are going to succeed.

he is not doing anything illegal, and thats what is pissing the cops of, indeed if he was challenged he could rightfully claim he is doing his duty as a citizen, since we are ALL bound to not only uphold the law but assist in its enforcement.

despite their claim to be different the police are in fact little more than civillians with a few extra powers many of which they actually have to twist or bend in order to use them....

the police in fact are given these "extra powers" in order that they can releive us (generally) of the onerous task of doing them ourselves...

when they FAIL to do their job the perhaps its time people like tghis guy stood up and did something.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:47 pm

"Revolution in journalism?" This guy needs to crawl out of his own butt, people have been fishing out pedos for years this way. Is it possible he's just trying to get money??? Shocked
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:13 pm

I dont think his "revolution in journalism" refers to his persent activities Ben,
my understanding is that he has "other ideas" up his sleeve.....
quote " but it’s time for a revolution within journalism. It’s time to bring to light the subjects other media outlets have been too afraid to delve into."

perhaps he is going to go hell for leather after such abuses of power as went on in rotherham etc....

dunno....but there are deffo things over here that the media in general are of the concensus that "they are best left undisturbed"

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:39 pm

Interesting -- I'd be all for someone bringing back the older days of investigative journalism, exposing corruption, etc. The corporate ownership of media has been terrible for that sort of thing, with corporations slashing editorial budgets. Investigative journalism is expensive and perhaps unprofitable, that's why so few outlets actually do it anymore.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:01 pm

My impression was that's a good way to make a living.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:42 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Interesting -- I'd be all for someone bringing back the older days of investigative journalism, exposing corruption, etc. The corporate ownership of media has been terrible for that sort of thing, with corporations slashing editorial budgets. Investigative journalism is expensive and perhaps unprofitable, that's why so few outlets actually do it anymore.

Hoping here it will continue, its about time the whole truth came out on everything! From money making rackets made from victims, to the upper the class paedophiles maintaining the problem. The biggest fishes for me would be exposing the biggest & filthiest of all humans, the filth who for years have backed paedophiles by placing them in highest of places, only to blackmail and control. Prison is way to good for this scum.
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:31 pm

At least I posted my comment in the right place this time.
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:01 pm

Is his partner's name really 'Grime'? Rolling Eyes

Do you know if anyone plans to start a program such as this seeking out Tories and Republicans?  That I would help.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down