NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Police arrest parliamentary candidate for putting up campaign poster

3 posters

Go down

Police arrest parliamentary candidate for putting up campaign poster Empty Police arrest parliamentary candidate for putting up campaign poster

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:19 am

The police have arrested an election candidate for allegedly putting up an election poster.

No, I’m not making this up.

Lisa McKenzie – the Class War parliamentary candidate for Chingford and Woodford Green – was arrested by the police, thrown in a cell and bailed until just before the election:

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/news/12875418.Anarchist_arrest__attempt__to_silence_her/

The arrest comes not long after Class War’s candidate for Croydon South, Jonathan Bigger, reported he was being followed and intimidated by as many as 12 police officers while he was on the campaign trail handing out election leaflets.

Whatever you may think of Class War‘s politics – they have candidates standing at the general election and they have the same right to campaign as any other candidate.

This is, of course, entirely undemocratic behaviour on the part of the Police – not to mention a complete waste of valuable police time, money and resources.

It seems to me the police may have got a little confused about who they should or should not be arresting.

So here’s a little reminder:

Police arrest parliamentary candidate for putting up campaign poster Who-not-to-arrest

Hope that clears things up.

https://tompride.wordpress.com/2015/04/13/police-arrest-parliamentary-candidate-for-putting-up-campaign-poster/

That's the UK, always democratic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Police arrest parliamentary candidate for putting up campaign poster Empty Re: Police arrest parliamentary candidate for putting up campaign poster

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:19 am

If it was a UKIP candidate you would be waving the flags

Back to top Go down

Police arrest parliamentary candidate for putting up campaign poster Empty Re: Police arrest parliamentary candidate for putting up campaign poster

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:40 am

Nems wrote:If it was a UKIP candidate you would be waving the flags

So you agree, it's an outrage no matter who suffers. Now, let's talk about what was actually done! Shouldn't freedom of expression be a universal right?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:40 am

The word Anarchist may well have something to do with this than any poster being put up.
I would take this with a pinch of salt untill we have an unbiased take on all of this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:42 am

Police have confirmed the 47-year-old was arrrested on suspicion of criminal damage on March 17. 

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/news/12875418.Anarchist_arrest__attempt__to_silence_her/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:42 am

Brasidas wrote:The word Anarchist may well have something to do with this than any poster being put up.
I would take this with a pinch of salt untill we have an unbiased take on all of this.

Where was it said anarchy was brought up?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:43 am

Jesus did you see the state of her?
Love the hair:

Razz

Police arrest parliamentary candidate for putting up campaign poster 3661543

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:44 am

She no doubt loved the attention, but where was it said she was putting up a pro-anarchist poster?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:44 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Brasidas wrote:The word Anarchist may well have something to do with this than any poster being put up.

She is an anarchist, and placing posters on other peoples properties is criminal damage.
Would you like it if someone place Homophobic and racist posters on your home?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:45 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:She no doubt loved the attention, but where was it said she was putting up a pro-anarchist poster?

Never claimed she was putting up pro anarchist posters, if there is such a thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:46 am

Brasidas wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

She is an anarchist, and placing posters on other peoples properties is criminal damage.

Just wondering where you got the info that this was pro-anarchy propaganda she was posting.

I wouldn't like it if someone posted bigoted posters on my home, but believe it or not, here in the U.S. I'd be more inclined to agree with their right to do so. I'd just take a photo of it and post it so people knew how her side really felt.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:47 am

Brasidas wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:She no doubt loved the attention, but where was it said she was putting up a pro-anarchist poster?

Never claimed she was putting up pro anarchist posters, if there is such a thing.

You did say she supported anarchy, did you not?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:48 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

You did say she supported anarchy, did you not?

She does, read Sassy's link

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:50 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

Just wondering where you got the info that this was pro-anarchy propaganda she was posting.

I wouldn't like it if someone posted bigoted posters on my home, but believe it or not, here in the U.S. I'd be more inclined to agree with their right to do so. I'd just take a photo of it and post it so people knew how her side really felt.

Show me where I stated she was posting pro anarchy?
I never said that did I Ben?
So you believe in causing criminal damage to peoples homes and having the freedom to do so?
Really?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:54 am

Brasidas wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

So you believe in causing criminal damage to peoples homes and having the freedom to do so?
Really?

You called her an anarchist.

And it's a fucking sticker. (Allegedly.)
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:57 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

Really?

She is an anarchist.
I could not crae what it is, you do not go around to someone else's property and deface it, again what right or freedom does it give you to do such a thing.
There are places you can put up posters can you not. So doing so is being done out of spite and crminality.
Fuck the stupid bitch, cannot stand anarchists, they are fuckwits extreme lefty idiots

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:59 am

Brasidas wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

Really?

She is an anarchist.
I could not crae what it is, you do not go around to someone else's property and deface it, again what right or freedom does it give you to do such a thing.
There are places you can put up posters can you not. So doing so is being done out of spite and crminality.
Fuck the stupid bitch, cannot stand anarchists, they are fuckwits extreme lefty idiots

Funny, here they want to abolish the government to let capitalists have free reign Smile

I guess we're separated by more than just a common language ...

http://wiki.mises.org/wiki/Anarcho-capitalism
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:03 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

She is an anarchist.

Funny, here they want to abolish the government to let capitalists have free reign Smile

I guess we're separated by more than just a common language ...

http://wiki.mises.org/wiki/Anarcho-capitalism

I have had to deal with this idiots before when I used to work in the city, they are not a nice bunch and are like I say a bunch of fuckwits. I saw with my own eyes the due care they had for things,smashing them up and attacking people. Sadly they were stupid enough to have a Go at Bank of America when I used to work for them. Not the smartest idea, when they had employed top bodyguards most of which were former special forces to safe guard their reception area. lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:39 am

I thought you may have offered an opinion on this woman's arrest rather than an opinion about me. Moving on lol

And your answer is patently ridiculous as I agree most wholeheartedly with the democratic process. For a candidate to be arrested for campaigning is truly undemocratic.

UKIP don't need the democratic process to make fools of themselves, they manage it most days with no help from anyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:53 am

risingsun wrote:

I thought you may have offered an opinion on this woman's arrest rather than an opinion about me. Moving on lol

And your answer is patently ridiculous as I agree most wholeheartedly with the democratic process.   For a candidate to be arrested for campaigning is truly undemocratic.

UKIP don't need the democratic process to make fools of themselves, they manage it most days with no help from anyone.

She committed criminal damage.
End of story

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:25 pm

Brasidas wrote:
risingsun wrote:

And your answer is patently ridiculous as I agree most wholeheartedly with the democratic process.   For a candidate to be arrested for campaigning is truly undemocratic.

End of story

That's justice in the world of Didge is it? No trial, no judge, no jury. Just guilty based on a report in an on-line article. She denies it claiming that she was holding a poster uo not sticking it on a window or anywhere else. She's standing against Iain Duncan Smith and although she has no chance she at least deserves a voice and not to be locked up.
Regarding her hair and her dress sense - I guess you would make a wonderful couple Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:34 pm

And fuckwit she definitely isn't:

Dr Lisa Mckenzie

I am currently working as a research fellow as part of the Great British Class Survey Team headed by Professor Mike Savage at the London School of Economics. My role on the team is specifically focused upon the group at the bottom of the class structure we have called the Precariat. Although my previous research has focused upon the poor working class previously, my current research interests especially relate to the precarious nature of particular groups in our society and the vulnerability they experience through insecure housing, work, social benefits, health care, and education. The current focus of my research is an East London neighbourhood, and the working class people who have lived there for many generations drawing upon the historic work of Wilmott and Young in the 1950’s.

As a researcher and an educator I am keen to develop research proposals, community collaborations and student projects focusing upon class inequality using a collaborative ethnographic approach. I am particularly interested in how research, teaching and community engagement can collaborate in paradigms of social justice through the use of higher education, and innovative research methodology.

My recent research funded by a Leverhulme Early Careers Award focused upon ‘masculinity and belonging within poor neighbourhoods’. An extension of the research from my PhD, an ethnographic study of the St Ann’s council housing estate in Nottingham focusing upon white mothers to mixed race children. Consequently my scholarly interests range widely, the theoretical influence within the PhD and the later research on masculinity was the work of Pierre Bourdieu, with particular influence relating to symbolic violence, capital exchange, and power relationships within neo-liberal structures.

My research interests are the continuation and development of research proposals focusing upon class inequality and council estates within the UK. This especially relates to those communities who are presently living through a period of adversity, as the consequences of the UK’s austerity measures have major impacts upon public services, housing and welfare entitlements.

In addition to my academic work at the LSE I am a political and social activist engaging with local community protests, and campaigns. I am also convener of the BSA Activism in Sociology Forum and I manage the LSE researching Sociology Blog.
Education:

2005-2009: PhD ‘Finding value on a council estate: complex lives, motherhood, and exclusion’: School of Sociology and Social policy, University of Nottingham
Examiners: Professor Gillian Paschal and Professor Beverley Skeggs
Supervisors: Dr Tony Fitzpatrick and Dr David Parker

2004-2005: Master's Degree in Research Methods, University of Nottingham

2001- 2004: BA Sociology and Social Policy Joint Honours
Journal articles

Mckenzie L. (2013) Narratives from a Nottingham council estate: A story of white working class mothers with mixed-race children Ethnic and Racial Studies Publication May 2013.

Mckenzie L. (2013) Foxtrotting the Riot: The slow rioting in Britain’s Inner City Sociological Research Online Special Issue: Collisions, Coalitions and Riotous Subjects: Reflections and Repercussions. Publication August 2013

Mckenzie L. (2012) Narratives from the inside: re-studying St Anns in Nottingham, Sociological Review Vol. (3), August 2012 457-476 Oxford: Blackwell
Single authored books

Mckenzie L. Getting By: Estates, Class and Culture in Austerity Britain.
Published by Policy Press. Publication January 2014.
Chapters in edited books

Mckenzie L. (2012) Finding value on a council estate: Voices of white working mothers with mixed-race children in St Anns, Nottingham in International perspectives on racial and ethnic mixedness and mixing. Edited by Edwards R, Ali S, Caballero C, Song M: Routledge:

Mckenzie L. (2012) The stigmatised and de-valued working class: the state of a council estate in Class Inequality in Austerity Britain: Power, Difference and Suffering edited by Atkinson W. Roberts S. Savage M. Palgrave

http://www.lse.ac.uk/sociology/whoswho/academic/Mckenzie.aspx

And if you can be arrested for putting up poster during an election, can they come and arrest me please, and dozens of people I know. All parties do it in every ward of the country, that would be a lot of people in jail!

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:48 pm

We are not worthy. Hail Lisa - what a warrior.

Police arrest parliamentary candidate for putting up campaign poster 4_17_4

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:50 pm

She's bloody fantastic:

am the daughter, granddaughter, and great granddaughter of Nottinghamshire miners. My mother worked at the Pretty Polly hosiery factory her whole life and I followed her at the age of 16 after leaving school in 1984 during the miners strike.

We were a striking family and, to be honest, apart from following in the footsteps of my mother and aunties I hadn’t thought much further about what life might have to offer me. We needed the income that I would bring in as the strike hit my family hard and devastated my community forever.

I left Sutton-In Ashfield, the mining town where I grew up in 1988, as many young people started to do. As the mines, the factories, and hope left – so did we.

I moved into the St Ann’s estate in the inner city of Nottingham and I had my son when I was 19. I enrolled on an Access course in 2000, I went to the University of Nottingham and did a Degree in Sociology. I won funding for a Masters degree and then a PhD. I now work at the London School of Economics.

I know how difficult life is when you are working class, when you live on a council estate, and when you need to rely upon welfare benefits, because you have young children, or you can't work because of an illness, or because you find it difficult to get work, or in actual fact you are working but your wage don't fit the bills, and the rent.

I am committed to working class politics, and ensuring that the language of class is returned into our political language. It has been removed, and it has weakened us. We are not individuals who are alone either failing, or succeeding in a fair system.

Our social system, our structure is rigged it favours those with the most power, money, and resources.

I have decided to stand against Iain Duncan-Smith in Chingford for Class War to put the politics of class inequality into the 2015 Election because those with power need it to be left out.

IDS and the Tories and in actual fact the Labour Party and the Lib-dems need the British public to believe that if you need to claim any state benefits it is entirely your fault. They need us to believe that the system is fair, and if we work harder, deny our collective humanity, and live our lives as solitary and well behaved 'workers' the system will look after us.

We know this is a lie, and THEY are liars.

Support me and Class War in our fight against the elite, the establishment their power and their lies.

http://lisa4chingford.org/

You go girl, give IDS a bloody good kick up the backside!

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:56 pm

A miners daughter from a mining family. I should have know.

It's Dr Lisa McKenzie.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:11 pm

People should have the right to put up campaign posters (not stickers! My pet hate and non-removable) otherwise how do they get their message across?

Having said that, I'd be mightily unhappy if someone put up a poster on my window - home or place of business - without my prior permission.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:15 pm

From the link on the OP:

The Class War parliamentary candidiate for Chingford and Woodford Green was arrested during a demonstration.

Lisa McKenzie, a fellow at the London School of Economics, was held on Thursday evening as she protested against seperate entrances for those living in private homes and social housing in the same development, known as 'poor doors'.

Police have confirmed the 47-year-old was arrrested on suspicion of criminal damage on March 17.

The mother-of-one has been bailed until a date in late April.

Responding to her arrest, Ms McKenzie told the Guardian: "I had been in Chingford and Woodford Green on the day of the arrest.

"I went to the protest in the evening when an officer said he wanted to talk to me. He told me I was being arrested for criminal damage.

"I allegedly put a sticker on a window and as a result that window had be cleaned.

"I was holding up a piece of paper next to the window as seen in the BBC's coverage, not a sticker.

"This is an attempt to silence me, to stop me protesting and to stop me talking about social apartheid and the democratic process."

A Class War spokesman, said: "She is a political prisoner. I cannot remember when a parliamentary candidate of any party has been treated in this way.

"This is political policing at its worse and evidence that the government is using the police to subvert the election.

"Lisa is accused of putting up a sticker and she's thrown in a cell. It tells you a lot about the corruption of the ruling class and whose side the police are on."

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:17 pm

I did read it. My point about stickers was an intense hatred for the fact they never ever disappear, even if you manage to get the bastards off in the first place!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:17 pm

Think they put something in the glue, I hate them on saucepans etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:21 pm

risingsun wrote:Think they put something in the glue, I hate them on saucepans etc.

Yes! I am always shouting "Why??!!" When trying to soak the buggers off.
I still have the remnants of one on my oven door, seven years later!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:23 pm

eddie wrote:I did read it. My point about stickers was an intense hatred for the fact they never ever disappear, even if you manage to get the bastards off in the first place!

Turps

Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:24 pm

Wrong, and should never have happened.

however I find something immediately sinister about a political party that calls itself "class war"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:24 pm

eddie wrote:
risingsun wrote:Think they put something in the glue, I hate them on saucepans etc.

orange oil label remover ...perfect....

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:25 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
eddie wrote:I did read it. My point about stickers was an intense hatred for the fact they never ever disappear, even if you manage to get the bastards off in the first place!

Turps

Laughing

Nope. Doesn't work.
Anyway mustn't hijack the thread affraid
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:25 pm

darknessss wrote:
eddie wrote:

Like an essential oil?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:26 pm

eddie wrote:
darknessss wrote:

Like an essential oil?
yup

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:32 pm

darknessss wrote:Wrong, and should never have happened.

however I find something immediately sinister about a political party that calls itself "class war"

It's not class war?

Police arrest parliamentary candidate for putting up campaign poster CClJEtZWIAQXK07

Bloody is!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:06 pm

whether that be true or not, the immediate impression I am left with after reading about a party calling itself "class war" is ayup the left equivalent of the EDL

and in politics as anywhere else first impressions, even if wrong, count for everything....

on reading that name my interest immediately shuts down and they are by default relegated to "the looney fringe"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:12 pm

Well, I don't think she can be classed as a looney in any way if you read about her above.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:15 pm

Having degrees comming out of her ears doesnt preclude her being barmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:16 pm

No, but her background means her feet are very firmly on the ground.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:59 am

Bottom line - she's innocent until proven guilty. End off.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:00 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

End of story

That's justice in the world of Didge is it? No trial, no judge, no jury. Just guilty based on a report in an on-line article. She denies it claiming that she was holding a poster uo not sticking it on a window or anywhere else. She's standing against Iain Duncan Smith and although she has no chance she at least deserves a voice and not to be locked up.
Regarding her hair and her dress sense - I guess you would make a wonderful couple Laughing

She was only arrested Irn, which is what the Police do if they believe a crime has been committed, so to say a trial is just plain daft, which is normal from the left as per usual.
As far as I am concerned she clearly when with intent to to commit criminal damage as why was she carrying items that can be used to do so?
She is just another pathetic lying weasel of a whinging lefty, who clearly has plenty of money to spend on the worst kind of hair do's, but then you miss points like this. I suggest she find a better hobby than committing a criminal offense.

Last edited by Brasidas on Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:03 am

eddie wrote:People should have the right to put up campaign posters (not stickers! My pet hate and non-removable) otherwise how do they get their message across?

Having said that, I'd be mightily unhappy if someone put up a poster on my window - home or place of business - without my prior permission.

There are places to put up posters, which every other non-crminal citizens do, only the criminals instead deface properties thinking they are above the law.

Last edited by Brasidas on Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:04 am

Irn Bru wrote:A miners daughter from a mining family. I should have know.

It's Dr Lisa McKenzie.

That explains everything then if she thinks she is above the law, the last time we saw an innocent cab driver murdered from the same mentality thinking they were above the law.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down