NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Labour accuses Tories of editing Ed Balls non-dom video to mislead voters

3 posters

Go down

Labour accuses Tories of editing Ed Balls non-dom video to mislead voters  Empty Labour accuses Tories of editing Ed Balls non-dom video to mislead voters

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:18 pm

Tories release BBC interview in which shadow chancellor says abolishing non-dom status might lead to a fall in tax, but edit out key sentence

Labour has accused the Tories of deliberately misleading voters by editing an interview with Ed Balls as a row broke out over a pledge by Ed Miliband to abolish the non-domicile tax status for anyone living in Britain for more than three years.

The Tories moved to unpick the announcement by the Labour leader by releasing a video of a BBC interview back in January in which the shadow chancellor said that abolishing non-dom status might lead to a fall in tax revenue.

But the Tories edited out a crucial final sentence in which Balls told BBC Radio Leeds on 9 January: “But I think we can be tougher and we should be and we will.”

Labour seized on the Tory editing of the Balls interview to accuse the Tories of misleading people to defend their refusal to tackle tax avoidance. The shadow chancellor blogged: “The Tories have edited my words from January in an attempt to deliberately mislead people because they can’t defend their own refusal to act on tax avoidance.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/apr/08/labour-accuses-tories-of-editing-ed-balls-non-dom-video-to-mislead-voters

A lot more in the article, but as too many words frighten people, just put the first bit on (sigh).

Conservative dirty tricks again because they know people are angry about bankers and wankers not paying their fair share. The pathetic party gets ore pathetic.

Back to top Go down

Labour accuses Tories of editing Ed Balls non-dom video to mislead voters  Empty Re: Labour accuses Tories of editing Ed Balls non-dom video to mislead voters

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:22 pm

risingsun wrote:Tories release BBC interview in which shadow chancellor says abolishing non-dom status might lead to a fall in tax, but edit out key sentence

Labour has accused the Tories of deliberately misleading voters by editing an interview with Ed Balls as a row broke out over a pledge by Ed Miliband to abolish the non-domicile tax status for anyone living in Britain for more than three years.

The Tories moved to unpick the announcement by the Labour leader by releasing a video of a BBC interview back in January in which the shadow chancellor said that abolishing non-dom status might lead to a fall in tax revenue.

But the Tories edited out a crucial final sentence in which Balls told BBC Radio Leeds on 9 January: “But I think we can be tougher and we should be and we will.”

Labour seized on the Tory editing of the Balls interview to accuse the Tories of misleading people to defend their refusal to tackle tax avoidance. The shadow chancellor blogged: “The Tories have edited my words from January in an attempt to deliberately mislead people because they can’t defend their own refusal to act on tax avoidance.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/apr/08/labour-accuses-tories-of-editing-ed-balls-non-dom-video-to-mislead-voters

A lot more in the article, but as too many words frighten people, just put the first bit on (sigh).

Conservative dirty tricks again because they know people are angry about bankers and wankers not paying their fair share.   The pathetic party gets ore pathetic.

Good evening RS.

Can you flesh your post out a bit please?

It sounds interesting but a little brief.

Back to top Go down

Labour accuses Tories of editing Ed Balls non-dom video to mislead voters  Empty Re: Labour accuses Tories of editing Ed Balls non-dom video to mislead voters

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:23 pm

Fuck off Shady.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:27 pm

risingsun wrote:Fuck off Shady.

Well that was nice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:32 pm

Wasn't it. Now I'll leave you to play your games as I have meeting to go to. Might catch you later.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:50 pm

There is enough information there to get the general idea sassy, and if I want a more in depth insight into the story, then I can use my Peter Pointer Finger to click on the link you have provided.
No need to get antsy about it.

And let's face it, the headline of a news story usually gives the whole story away anyway!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:13 pm

risingsun wrote:Wasn't it.  Now I'll leave you to play your games as I have meeting to go to.  Might catch you later.

Well seeing as I haven't posted on here for about a year and seeing as we have never spoken to each other,your poor attitude towards me was unnecessary.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:46 pm

Shady wrote:
risingsun wrote:Wasn't it.  Now I'll leave you to play your games as I have meeting to go to.  Might catch you later.

Well seeing as I haven't posted on here for about a year and seeing as we have never spoken to each other,your poor attitude towards me was unnecessary.

Shady, you do know sassy? scratch
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:58 pm

Lynton Crosby working late into the night to create spin, diversion, subtefuge ,dirty tricks and misinformation.
That is what he does and is renowned for, that is what he was recruited for.
The public are well aware, and can see through and beyond it - Daily Mail and Sun editorial teams excepted.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:06 pm

eddie wrote:
Shady wrote:

LOL, like he wasn't sent as backup!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:08 am

Labour accuses Tories of editing Ed Balls non-dom video to mislead voters  Must-see-imagery-wealth-boats-yachts
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:59 am

Tens of thousands of entrepreneurs and business leaders will leave Britain because of Labour's "cataclysmic" plans to scrap the "non-dom" tax status, experts have warned.
Leading tax barristers warned that 30,000 of Britain's 115,000 foreign investors could leave Britain in the wake of Ed Miliband's announcement that a Labour government would abolish the tax rules surrounding non-doms.
Mr Miliband claimed that the party will raise "at least" hundreds of millions by abolishing the rules, which he described as "the right thing to do".
But private banks, accountants, financial advisers and even the 'independent expert' who instructed Labour on the policy cast doubt on the Labour leader's assertions.
They pointed to official figures showing that non-doms pay £8.2billion in tax - as much as 10 million low-income workers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ed-miliband/11523604/Ed-Milibands-non-dom-crackdown-is-cataclysmic.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:45 am

eddie wrote:
Shady wrote:

Good morning Eddie.

Yes I do know Sassy.Or should I say I used to know Sassy?

I haven't posted here for ages & our Sass is not registered here as far as I know.That's the reason why I've come back here.............because Sassy is not posting here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:47 am

veya_victaous wrote:Labour accuses Tories of editing Ed Balls non-dom video to mislead voters  Must-see-imagery-wealth-boats-yachts

Where'd they get that picture of me?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:48 am

Shady wrote:
eddie wrote:
Shady wrote:

Good morning Eddie.

I haven't posted here for ages & our Sass is not registered here as far as I know.That's the reason why I've come back here.............because Sassy is not posting here.

Well sassy is risingsun - I'm sure you know that already lol but whatever
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:52 am

Of course he did.

Anyway:

Guido Fawked - Non Dom Spin Unravels
As if to once more confirm what Peter Jukes said about them - (“like a disownable branch of Conservative HQ”) - the perpetually thirsty Paul Staines and his rabble at the Guido Fawkes blog have today done the Tories’ bidding in trying to rubbish Mil The Younger’s announcement that a future Labour Government would look to end “non-dom” tax status, and therefore have one rule for all UK residents.

Having a situation where the obscenely overmonied get away with not necessarily paying their full tax whack might look like something that the sane should not be attempting to defend. But as Labour have seized the high ground, either the Tories and their followers lose face by admitting that Miliband was right all along, or they must take an adverse stance and somehow spin it as economically sensible.

http://zelo-street.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/guido-fawked-non-dom-spin-unravels.html

Conservatives and Guido in particular who is just one of their mouthpieces, can't even walk straight they are so used to twisting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:58 am

eddie wrote:
Shady wrote:

Good morning Eddie.

Well sassy is risingsun - I'm sure you know that already lol but whatever

No I didn't & I reckon you're having a laugh.Sorry Eds but I don't believe you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down