NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK police train for Mumbai-style terrorist attacks

3 posters

Go down

UK police train for Mumbai-style terrorist attacks Empty UK police train for Mumbai-style terrorist attacks

Post by captain Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:12 pm

LONDON — British police are training with military experts to prepare for Mumbai-style gun attacks by terrorists, the country's interior ministry said Tuesday.

The Home Office said police and counterterrorism officials want to learn lessons from the deadly 2008 attacks in India, including how to handle terrorist shooting sprees.

The training follows recent warnings from U.S. and European intelligence agencies about a plot to attack European cities by groups of terrorists using firearms.

The U.S. State Department advised American citizens living or traveling in Europe earlier this month to take extra precautions following reports that terrorists may be plotting attacks in airports, travel hubs and tourist attractions.

A Home Office spokeswoman, speaking on condition of anonymity in line with government policy, said police continually refine their ability to handle new terrorist tactics.

"The police regularly train and exercise for a variety of scenarios with a variety of partners," she said. "It is right that we learn the lessons from previous incidents and that these inform and strengthen such procedures."...

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2010/oct/26/uk-police-train-for-mumbai-style-terrorist-attacks/
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

UK police train for Mumbai-style terrorist attacks Empty Re: UK police train for Mumbai-style terrorist attacks

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:43 pm

captainJane wrote:LONDON — British police are training with military experts to prepare for Mumbai-style gun attacks by terrorists, the country's interior ministry said Tuesday.

The Home Office said police and counterterrorism officials want to learn lessons from the deadly 2008 attacks in India, including how to handle terrorist shooting sprees.

The training follows recent warnings from U.S. and European intelligence agencies about a plot to attack European cities by groups of terrorists using firearms.

The U.S. State Department advised American citizens living or traveling in Europe earlier this month to take extra precautions following reports that terrorists may be plotting attacks in airports, travel hubs and tourist attractions.

A Home Office spokeswoman, speaking on condition of anonymity in line with government policy, said police continually refine their ability to handle new terrorist tactics.

"The police regularly train and exercise for a variety of scenarios with a variety of partners," she said. "It is right that we learn the lessons from previous incidents and that these inform and strengthen such procedures."...

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2010/oct/26/uk-police-train-for-mumbai-style-terrorist-attacks/

Good afternoon Captain Jane.

In relation to your article I have heard that due to police cut backs,the number of firearm officers has been drastically reduced,meaning that UK Special Forces would likely take the lead in a Mumbai style UK attack.

That would be fun.

Back to top Go down

UK police train for Mumbai-style terrorist attacks Empty Re: UK police train for Mumbai-style terrorist attacks

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:30 pm

Shady wrote:
captainJane wrote:LONDON — British police are training with military experts to prepare for Mumbai-style gun attacks by terrorists, the country's interior ministry said Tuesday.

In relation to your article I have heard that due to police cut backs,the number of firearm officers has been drastically reduced,meaning that UK Special Forces would likely take the lead in a Mumbai style UK attack.

That would be fun.

good evening young shady,

it has to be said the special forces would likely make a better job of it

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:29 am

yeah better SAS
even with the Sydney siege the post review says it would have all been much better if the Police just called and handed over to the SAS rather than trying for glory themselves resulting in 1 dead and multiple injured from Police bullets
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:55 am

Good morning Folks.

My personal opinion is that the Australian police did a good job in the Sydney siege & should be congratulated.It would have been a very difficult job to deal with by any organizations standards.

Going off on a tangent,I have the utmost respect for Australian armed forces.......And going even further,I have always felt that Australian forces in Afghanistan were put upon too much by the US & UK military leaders.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:58 am

Shady wrote:Good morning Folks.

My personal opinion is that the Australian police did a good job in the Sydney siege & should be congratulated.It would have been a very difficult job to deal with by any organizations standards.

Going off on a tangent,I have the utmost respect for Australian armed forces.......And going even further,I have always felt that Australian forces in Afghanistan were put upon too much by the US & UK military leaders.

Good Morning Shady

Not sure I agree on the Aussie Police, as did you see how many shots were fired against one terrorist, to the point at least one victim was caused by their fire? Yes they are good, but I would place more faith in the special forces
Do not get me wrong I place thier special forces next to ours as they are very much based along the same methods and skills and to me we should use the teams trained in the SAS to take out any terrorists, than any such Police unit.

On your seperate point, can you elaborate?

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:30 pm

@Shady
that is true it would be difficult and they did a relativity good job, it was only really one or 2 officers that sprayed bullets and was not to the level of professionalism we (and the Uk) expect of our police.
but 'in hindsight' that is what the royal commission in to the siege has found, the SAS were expecting the call and had mocked up and ran through scenarios for taking the Cafe as soon as the siege was reported. Police decided they could handle it and didn't place the call for assistance. It seems the blame in part falls on the police bureaucracy putting political motives over hostages lives.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:45 pm

Shady wrote:

That would be fun.
Evening Shady
Yes. I would guess that most people in UK people do not know what is about to hit them. Most of them are still in la-la land and may not even notice if this does go ahead, or even remember what policing was like before.
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:52 pm

I don't think we'd be at all ready for a massive attack.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:00 pm

Eddie....we are NOT and never will be.....

whats more is that dozens will die and it will be everyone and everything elses fault but the real culprit....

and yet still nothing will be done about it except to restrict/impose upon OUR rights and freedoms

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:10 pm

darknessss wrote:Eddie....we are NOT and never will be.....

whats more is that dozens will die and it will be everyone and everything elses fault but the real culprit....

and yet still nothing will be done about it except to restrict/impose upon OUR rights and freedoms

I'm starting to feel you're right vic, sadly.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:25 am

ever think it is also exceptions, Dozens does not make a massive attack, If it does than we regularly initiate massive attacks.
true a massive attack is indefensible if not on war footing BUT there is zero chance of an Actual Massive attack without plenty of warning. ISIS cant teleport and I doubt any internal terrorist number more than 100. You have already sacrificed enough rights by which organising any group larger than that should have been well and truly detected.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:39 am

See. its already happening BEFORE anything happens,

the obliging creeping L/W appologists come crawling on here whineing "its not a "massive attack"

merely wanting to argue semantics....

and deflect from the REAL problem.....

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:24 pm

darknessss wrote:See. its already happening BEFORE anything happens,

the obliging  creeping L/W appologists come crawling on here whineing "its not a "massive attack"

merely wanting to argue semantics....

and deflect from the REAL problem.....

it is perspective
I believe the giving away my rights for spurious reason such as a false sense of security for cowards
Is The REAL problem
not some dipshits in a 3rd world nation on the other side of the planet. that are all agitated because some rich ---- from my nation that also rips me off at every opportunity has gone over there and robbed them tongue tongue tongue tongue
the rich ---- are already dropping way more bombs on the dipshits that the dipshits could ever possible send back but obviously they are gonna try to kill the rich ---- that are killing them and the rich ---- hide amongst us and use us as large scale human shields to protect them from the repercussions of their crimes
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:28 pm

except they dont try to kill the rich shits (your class jealousy is showing again)

they just kill anyone.......

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:01 am

they do try because they are more valuable targets the other people are collateral damage (we use the same logic with our bombs), when was the last time they bombed a housing commission or welfare centre. the target is almost always in western financial districts.

world trade centre, clearly a centre of wealth
London Subway, the subway not really but London is known for wealth

My class jealous is out in the Open VIVA LA REVOLUTION
the dipshit overseas is not making my life shit it is the rich ---- and coward over here that is.
Quite frankly I am sick of having rich ---- tell me to eat cake while they buy their 6th investment property inflating house prices out of reach for the majority of people. I am sick of hearing that they have to cut jobs while One rich ---- CEO gets 10 million plus bonuses. I am sick of politicians saying they have to reduce funding for health and education but News corp needs a couple of Billion dollars in tax cuts !!!!
UK police train for Mumbai-style terrorist attacks 1177314732
It is not jealousy it is out right hatred. UK police train for Mumbai-style terrorist attacks 2984306523
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:22 am

UK police train for Mumbai-style terrorist attacks 2108625937 UK police train for Mumbai-style terrorist attacks 2108625937 UK police train for Mumbai-style terrorist attacks 2108625937 UK police train for Mumbai-style terrorist attacks 2108625937 UK police train for Mumbai-style terrorist attacks 2108625937 UK police train for Mumbai-style terrorist attacks 2108625937 UK police train for Mumbai-style terrorist attacks 2108625937 UK police train for Mumbai-style terrorist attacks 2108625937 UK police train for Mumbai-style terrorist attacks 2108625937 UK police train for Mumbai-style terrorist attacks 2108625937 UK police train for Mumbai-style terrorist attacks 2108625937 UK police train for Mumbai-style terrorist attacks 2108625937 cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers UK police train for Mumbai-style terrorist attacks 2418298 UK police train for Mumbai-style terrorist attacks 2418298 UK police train for Mumbai-style terrorist attacks 2418298 UK police train for Mumbai-style terrorist attacks 2418298 UK police train for Mumbai-style terrorist attacks 2418298 UK police train for Mumbai-style terrorist attacks 2418298

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:37 pm

veya_victaous wrote:they do try because they are more valuable targets the other people are collateral damage (we use the same logic with our bombs), when was the last time they bombed a housing commission or welfare centre. the target is almost always in western financial districts.  

world trade centre, clearly a centre of wealth
London Subway, the subway not really but London is known for wealth

My class jealous is out in the Open VIVA LA REVOLUTION
the dipshit overseas is not making my life shit it is the rich ---- and coward over here that is.  
Quite frankly I am sick of having rich ---- tell me to eat cake while they buy their 6th investment property inflating house prices out of reach for the majority of people. I am sick of hearing that they have to cut jobs while One rich ---- CEO gets 10 million plus bonuses. I am sick of politicians saying they have to reduce funding for health and education but News corp needs a couple of Billion dollars in tax cuts !!!!
UK police train for Mumbai-style terrorist attacks 1177314732
It is not jealousy it is out right hatred.  UK police train for Mumbai-style terrorist attacks 2984306523

Brilliant post Veya.

I didn't know you were a UKIP supporter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down