NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amanda Holden Sparks Outrage After Dressing Her Nine-Year-Old Daughter Lexi As Julia Roberts' ‘Pretty Woman' Prostitute Character

+4
eddie
Irn Bru
nicko
veya_victaous
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Amanda Holden Sparks Outrage After Dressing Her Nine-Year-Old Daughter Lexi As Julia Roberts' ‘Pretty Woman' Prostitute Character - Page 3 Empty Amanda Holden Sparks Outrage After Dressing Her Nine-Year-Old Daughter Lexi As Julia Roberts' ‘Pretty Woman' Prostitute Character

Post by Guest Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:52 am

First topic message reminder :

Amanda Holden has come under fire after dressing her nine-year-old daughter up as Julia Roberts’ character from ‘Pretty Woman’, for a 1990’s-themed school day.
And in case you’re one of the three people on the planet who hasn’t actually seen ‘Pretty Woman’, then you might not realise that Ms. Roberts plays a prostitute in the hit romcom.

Maybe they were all out of Spice Girls’ costumes at Amanda’s local fancy dress emporium?
Amanda took to Twitter to post a snap of little Lexi in her outfit, which she captioned: "1990's day at Lexi's school today. Julia Roberts 'Pretty Woman'."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/02/13/amanda-holden-daughter-lexi-prostitute-fancy-dress-twitter_n_6677736.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Talk about people over reacting again as per usual.
For a start she has dressed her daughter up of the character of one of the best love stories of the 1990's, where a woman who has fallen on hard times dreams come true. Second she is wearing an evening dress, which you will find many women wear to expensive restaurants and the Opera. Not the kind of outfit worn by prostitutes that work the streets. Yes the character of Julia Roberts is still a prostitute at this point in the film, but so what. Are people not getting the point of the film?
To me people are very much over reacting here to something very innocent..

Back to top Go down

Amanda Holden Sparks Outrage After Dressing Her Nine-Year-Old Daughter Lexi As Julia Roberts' ‘Pretty Woman' Prostitute Character - Page 3 Empty Re: Amanda Holden Sparks Outrage After Dressing Her Nine-Year-Old Daughter Lexi As Julia Roberts' ‘Pretty Woman' Prostitute Character

Post by Irn Bru Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:11 am

You did use it. The link for picture of that little girl is exactly the same one on that website. Liar.

Catch you later.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Amanda Holden Sparks Outrage After Dressing Her Nine-Year-Old Daughter Lexi As Julia Roberts' ‘Pretty Woman' Prostitute Character - Page 3 Empty Re: Amanda Holden Sparks Outrage After Dressing Her Nine-Year-Old Daughter Lexi As Julia Roberts' ‘Pretty Woman' Prostitute Character

Post by Guest Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:13 am

Irn Bru wrote:You did use it. The link for picture of that little girl is exactly the same one on that website. Liar.

Catch you later.

Pathetic, I used a search on children dressed in fancy dress on google images
I never found no such website, yet you did.
Proving my point you go looking for such things, how sick is that.

The point this is wrong in all this is ask yourself this. If this was a prom event at the school of which such events at that age happen and you saw Amanda's daughter dressed as she is an evening dress, quite normal for such an event. Would you claim she looks like a prostitute?

No

In fact I have no doubt if this was just a picture of her child going to a prom dressed like this, and was called by someone as to looking like a prostitute, all hell would have broken loose by the "I am a model Mary Poppins parent club"

If you saw Julia Roberts dressed in the dress from Pretty Woman, with no knowledge of the film, would you associate her as looking like a prostitute?

No

It takes parents taking some absurd moral high ground to perverse what the child is wearing and sexualize it. The child whether dressed as Cindy Crawford or Julia Roberts was dressed to look like an actress, not a prostitute. The fact is this is children just dressing up and it takes some parents to blow things out of all proportions.

The fact is it is posters sexualizing the child. In no way does she look a prostitute and no way does Julia Roberts looks like a prostitute wearing such an elegant dress, which you can even buy online from the film to wear. Again no way does she in anyway like a prostitute. Only the association of the film has made people visualise something that they would never dream of claiming looks like prostitute decide this child now looks like one. Again that is sick and perverse on any level.

Last edited by Brasidas on Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:17 am

The whole point of the red dress in the film is that she didn't look like a prostitute.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:19 am

Raggamuffin wrote:The whole point of the red dress in the film is that she didn't look like a prostitute.

Exactly, which is why it is so wrong that people are visualizing a child wearing such a dress as a prostitute.
Hence the view, with no association to the film, would anyone claim Julia Roberts or the child looks like a prostitute in that dress?
No
Hence it took some people to sexualize the child based on the character of the film and not how she actually looks like. A girl dressed up in an evening dress.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:42 pm

Pretty Woman is merely an adaptation of George Benard Shaw's Pygmalion.  Only the ending differs.  Both are scripts about transformation of young women (Eliza Doolittle and Vivian Ward), and the influence this has on men the men in the stories (Professor Higgins and Edward Lewis ).

The clothing in both scripts is used to trace the transformation.  Vivian, in Pretty Woman starts out with thigh-high boots, fastened by a safety pin, and kept shiny by a black marker pen, and transforms into an elegant woman walking through the Lobby of the Regent Beverly Wiltshire Hotel, wearing a stylish ensemble in white (contrasting her former, darker self), commanding admiring stares from the men around her.

The red dress is the crowning of the transformation.  She has gone from hooking on Hollywood Boulevard, to San Francisco and the elegant opera, becoming a newly christened fan of the art form....although, she shows her roots by saying: "I almost peed in my pants."

The red dress symbolizes her completed transformation.  If you want the prostitute, go for the old boots 'held together by a safety pin' and cheap, revealing clothes.

Last edited by Original Quill on Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:49 pm

Original Quill wrote:Pretty Woman is merely an adaptation of George Benard Shaw's Pygmalion.  Only the ending differs.  Both are scripts about transformation of young women (Eliza and Vivian), and the influence this has on men.

The clothing in both scripts is used to trace the transformation.  Vivian, in Pretty Woman starts out with high boots, fastened by a safety pin, and kept shiny by a black marker pen, and transforms into an elegant woman walking through the Lobby of the Regent Beverly Wiltshire Hotel, commanding stares from the men around her.

The red dress is the crowning of the transformation.  She has gone from hooking on Hollywood Boulevard, to San Francisco and the elegant opera, becoming a newly christened fan of the art form....although, she shows her roots by saying: "I almost peed in my pants."

The red dress symbolizes her completed transformation.  If you want the prostitute, go for the old boots 'held together by a safety pin' and cheap, revealing clothes.

Exactly Quill

The point is no matter what anyone thinks nobody would begin to think of anyone dressed in such an elegant dress whether adult or a child as a prostitute. They only do so with association to the character in the film, who as we see falls in love and gets out of this lifestyle. The fact of the matter is only this association is making people look wrongly at a child and then depict her as looking like a prostitute. So it is not what she is wearing or evening what Julia Roberts wears in the film, but only the part she plays where she starts out as a prostitute. To me people are being so way over the top here and to me this was all about dressing up a girl to look like Julia Roberts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:23 pm

Didge

I am not standing on a moral highground. I am NOT a warped parent.

I am not bashing her parenting skills. I do not know her so I cannot comment on that. What I can comment on and criticize is her choice, in my opinion inappropriate, of costume for a nine year old. She put it out into the public domain. If you cant understand that people have different opinions to yourself then why post up stories on a news/debate/chat forum?

I have never claimed, nor will claim, to be a perfect parent from the, and I quote, "model moral parent brigade". Thanks for the compliment of being like Mary Poppins because she totally rocked.

I, nor others here who agree with me, have EVER tried to turn this into something sexual, and as far as I am concerned you have gone way over the line by implying that to me and others.

I continue to stand by my points/opinions I expressed earlier.

Good day.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:58 pm

Cass wrote:Didge

I am not bashing her parenting skills. I do not know her so I cannot comment on that. What I can comment on and criticize is her choice, in my opinion inappropriate, of costume for a nine year old. She put it out into the public domain. If you cant understand that people have different opinions to yourself then why post up stories on a news/debate/chat forum?

I have never claimed, nor will claim, to be a perfect parent from the, and I quote, "model moral parent brigade". Thanks for the compliment of being like Mary Poppins because she totally rocked.

I, nor others here who agree with me,  have EVER tried to turn this into something sexual, and as far as I am concerned you have gone way over the line by implying that to me and others.

Good day.

You can stand by your points all you like which no matter how you claim otherwise still has you viewing this girl in a sexual manner based off nothing more than an association to a character off a film. I am entitled to berate what I find utterly wrong from what others have claimed here, just as you are having your views. It seems you can berate her but I cannot do the same over your views. Wrong I can. This is a girl wearing an evening dress yet you and others stupidly claim she is dressed as a prostitute which is utterly absurd. This is an evening dress she is wearing and in no way does she look like a prostitute and neither does the character of Julia Roberts wearing such an elegant dress in the film. The fact is you are associating that dress to prostitution in how a prostitute dresses. So that makes anyone who claims a girl wearing an evening dress, saying they look like a prostitute is warped and they are most definitely sexualizing her. The worst part is not how she is dressed, but again off an absurd view that because she is dressed to look like Julia Roberts, this now makes her look like a prostitute, even though Julia Roberts did not even look like one either and only that her character was a prostitute. This is why this whole thing has been about posters trying to give some inept moral high ground where not only yourself but others have stated quite clearly how they would dress their own children, of which you did yourself.

You should be utterly appalled at yourself how any of you can come to such a ridiculous accusation and claim that she is dressed or even looks like a prostitute. What sort of impression is that you are giving where to claim now any person will look like a prostitute if they wear a similar elegant dress to the one worn in this film. To then come out with all the crap in regards to the mother as others have done. Not only that she even said she dressed her as Cindy Crawford. The fact is this is all based on you posters claiming the higher moral ground and claims to being better parents, because you all judged her and berated her and even worse insulted her daughter, by claiming she was dressed like a prostitute.
Did you stop and think about that Cass?
I very much doubt it.
The fact is you are the ones that have gone over the line and now you rightly get called out correctly for what you are doing and you do not like it. Well think before you badly judge others and wrongly as you did.

I suggest you learn to live with that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:22 pm

I, nor others here who agree with me,  have EVER tried to turn this into something sexual, and as far as I am concerned you have gone way over the line by implying that to me and others.

Good day.

Seconded.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:24 pm

risingsun wrote:

Good day.

Seconded.

You were one of the worst for playing the high moral parent card.
Again the fact that you and Cass and others still think a girl dressed in an evening dress looks like a prostitute is appalling.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:58 am

Brasidas wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:You did use it. The link for picture of that little girl is exactly the same one on that website. Liar.

Catch you later.

Pathetic, I used a search on children dressed in fancy dress on google images
I never found no such website, yet you did.
Proving my point you go looking for such things, how sick is that.

The point this is wrong in all this is ask yourself this. If this was a prom event at the school of which such events at that age happen and you saw Amanda's daughter dressed as she is an evening dress, quite normal for such an event. Would you claim she looks like a prostitute?

No

In fact I have no doubt if this was just a picture of her child going to a prom dressed like this, and was called by someone as to looking like a prostitute, all hell would have broken loose by the "I am a model Mary Poppins parent club"

If you saw Julia Roberts dressed in the dress from Pretty Woman, with no knowledge of the film, would you associate her as looking like a prostitute?

No

It takes parents taking some absurd moral high ground to perverse what the child is wearing and sexualize it. The child whether dressed as Cindy Crawford or Julia Roberts was dressed to look like an actress, not a prostitute. The fact is this is children just dressing up and it takes some parents to blow things out of all proportions.

The fact is it is posters sexualizing the child. In no way does she look a prostitute and no way does Julia Roberts looks like a prostitute wearing such an elegant dress, which you can even buy online from the film to wear. Again no way does she in anyway like a prostitute. Only the association of the film has made people visualise something that they would never dream of claiming looks like prostitute decide this child now looks like one. Again that is sick and perverse on any level.

Didge, right click on the image of the young girl you uploaded 4 times (you like her, don't you) and click copy image location and you get this;

http://starcasm.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Paisley_Pretty_Woman_pageant_costume.jpg

See, that's where it came from you naughty boy you. Toddlers and Tiaras Didge, come on Laughing

Now I've got some work to be getting on with and I'm sure you must have as well but I'll get back later and give you a Toot toot to come on when I want you.

Toodly pip for now.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:00 am

Is that your claim to yet more deflection to the debate, is now a website?
Again I got the picture from google pictures,  yet you found it on a website, how perverse indeed.

This just proves you never intend to debate the points where again you clutch now to some lame point of the source of a picture.

Razz
Well as most classes start at 9am it is best you get off to class.

So again

No

No

9a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3