NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arkansas Republican seeks to undo LGBT protections: ‘I do not want for them to have special rights’

2 posters

Go down

Arkansas Republican seeks to undo LGBT protections: ‘I do not want for them to have special rights’ Empty Arkansas Republican seeks to undo LGBT protections: ‘I do not want for them to have special rights’

Post by Guest Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:29 pm

Republican state senator in Arkansas has introduced a bill that would strip all protections from LGBT people in the state.
According to the New Civil Rights Movement, State Senator Bart Hester has introduced an emergency bill, SB 202, which would strike down all nondiscrimination ordinances in the state permanently.
Hester believes that to allow LGBT people to have protections in the workplace and to have legal recourse against cases of discrimination goes too far, granting “special rights” to people who aren’t like him.
The 37-year-old GOP official told BuzzFeed that sure, LGBT people get discriminated against sometimes, but these days, “we are all singled out for discrimination.”
“I am singled out as a politician. I am singled out because I am married to one woman,” Hester said. “I want everyone in the LGBT community to have the same rights I do. I do not want them to have special rights that I do not have.”
Hester’s bill easily cleared the state Senate and is expected to be ratified by the state House.
The Arkansas ACLU’s Holly Dickson told BuzzFeed, “It is likely to pass, and it is likely to be signed by the governor.”
The rights organization opposed the bill, Dickson said, because it’s “designed to permit as much discrimination as possible in the state.”
Hester has couched his bill in commerce terms, saying that to remove nondiscrimination ordinances in the few places they have managed to take hold in the southern state will make it more amenable to businesses.
“There are many things necessary for stability — and civil rights need to not be a volatile situation,” Hester said. “It’s got to be something we agree on for the entire state.”

Dickson said that the moves by state Republicans have alarmed many in the state who believe in equal protection under the law for all Americans, regardless of gender, sexual orientation or gender identity.

“People are very upset,” said Dickson of the ACLU. “As soon as LGBT people get some protections against being evicted or fired just because of who they love, the state is going to absolutely prohibit them from obtaining that sort of protection.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/arkansas-republican-seeks-to-undo-lgbt-protections-i-do-not-want-for-them-to-have-special-rights/

Not surprised many are alarmed, where this Senator does not have the first clue in regards to what equality is. Which means have the same rights and protections as everyone else.
Seriously, the US really needs to get to grips with countering such backward beliefs by this Senator.

Back to top Go down

Arkansas Republican seeks to undo LGBT protections: ‘I do not want for them to have special rights’ Empty Re: Arkansas Republican seeks to undo LGBT protections: ‘I do not want for them to have special rights’

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:15 pm

They love to say we're giving gay people "special rights." "Special rights" apparently means marrying someone of the same gender -- I wasn't aware that straight people felt so denied when it came to that.

But these people are mostly just stupid, the same type who say things like "How come it's cold today if global warming is real?" and "If we came from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?" Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Arkansas Republican seeks to undo LGBT protections: ‘I do not want for them to have special rights’ Empty Re: Arkansas Republican seeks to undo LGBT protections: ‘I do not want for them to have special rights’

Post by Guest Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:18 pm

why are there still monkeys....

because republicans need senators too......

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:05 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:They love to say we're giving gay people "special rights." "Special rights" apparently means marrying someone of the same gender -- I wasn't aware that straight people felt so denied when it came to that.

But these people are mostly just stupid, the same type who say things like "How come it's cold today if global warming is real?" and "If we came from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?" Smile

It's the mirror-image, or reciprocal argument. All you have to do is adjust the goal posts and you can say anything you want.

It is none of their business what two entirely separate people want to do with their personal lives. Those who object, are just dictators of their own sort.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down