NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Europe to Lose Eurovison song contest

+3
Lone Wolf
Irn Bru
veya_victaous
7 posters

Go down

Europe to Lose Eurovison song contest  Empty Europe to Lose Eurovison song contest

Post by veya_victaous Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:04 am

To mark the 60th year of the Eurovision Song Contest, Australia has been allowed to join the competition for the first time. Eurovision is incredibly popular in Australia, although the land of Kylie has never previously taken part in the festival of high camp. This also means that there will be 40 countries competing.
Eurovision Song Contest executive supervisor Jon Ola Sand said:

It’s a daring and at the same time incredibly exciting move. It is our way of saying; let’s celebrate this party together!

At the very heart of the Eurovision Song Contest is the importance of bringing countries together to celebrate diversity, music and culture. We have admired and respected SBS’s support of Eurovision for many years now and wanted to extend the invitation for Australia to join us in this special 60th Anniversary of the Contest. It would be remiss of us to throw the world’s biggest party and not invite our Australian friends, who have such a long history and connection with Eurovision.

Europe to Lose Eurovison song contest  B9gM38lCIAAXldY
If you Photoshop Australia so it's just off the coast of Portugal, letting them into Eurovision kind of makes sense

and they have already made arrangements for WHEN we win  pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat 
Europe to Lose Eurovison song contest  Enhanced-24277-1423591479-5
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Europe to Lose Eurovison song contest  Empty Re: Europe to Lose Eurovison song contest

Post by Irn Bru Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:38 pm

Laughing So what are we going to get? Something like Tie me Kangaroo Down Sport or something similar? Laughing With a trip to Australia the following year up for grabs I'd say Australia are a sure bet to win it.

We could even get Waltzing Matilda ringing out.

On that subject, anyone ever been to the Waltzing Matilda bar in Kong Kong? Best bar I have ever been in. Started by an Australian and it was as popular as hell with people from all over the world. Been there a few times. The House rules are Hilarious

Europe to Lose Eurovison song contest  Waltzing_matilda_01
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Europe to Lose Eurovison song contest  Empty Re: Europe to Lose Eurovison song contest

Post by Guest Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:47 pm

Oh please...give to the aussies...and let em keep it ....

the sooner the better.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:58 pm

darknessss wrote:Oh please...give to the aussies...and let em keep it ....

No-one likes us or votes for us anymore anyway. Maybe the Aussies will bung us a few votes - they like us don't they? Mother country and all that.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:39 am

Irn Bru wrote:
darknessss wrote:Oh please...give to the aussies...and let em keep it ....

No-one likes us or votes for us anymore anyway. Maybe the Aussies will bung us a few votes - they like us don't they? Mother country and all that.

Maybe... but I think we are more likely to vote for the craziest

http://www.escinsight.com/2011/01/26/the-special-relationship-australia-and-its-love-of-eurovision/
The Song Contests’ popularity initially was credited to Australia’s large European immigrant population; Eurovision providing a moment where the large communities of Greeks, Italians, Turkish, Serbian, Maltese, Irish, etc. could share wonderful moment of nostalgia and national identity. However, by the mid 1990s, the attraction grew into much more – fuelled by second-generation Australians and a younger audience tuning in to listen to the ‘hilarious’ BBC commentary of the infamous Terry Wogan. Due to the high popularity of Wogan over this period, for most Australian viewers the affinity with the British coverage still exists and the views held and discussed in the commentary have created a lasting legacy.

Notice that is from 2011, it is pretty popular here possibly more so than in the UK.. but we think it is a comedy show Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:22 pm

Damn!
When I read the headline I thought it was being scrapped.
What a disappointment Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:50 pm

Nems wrote:Damn!

Oy! Wash your mouth out!!! Evil or Very Mad
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:33 pm

Nems wrote:Damn!

don't knock it.....its a great reason to drink!
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:50 am

This is of course the start of Europe's reconquest of the entire globe- and getting mouthy colonials like veya to once again sing from the hymn sheet of the civilised continent ;-) Razz
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:53 am

Eilzel wrote:This is of course the start of Europe's reconquest of the entire globe- and getting mouthy colonials like veya to once again sing from the hymn sheet of the civilised continent ;-) Razz

Like this

You think we will stop speaking American ... Pretty sure Aussies will preform in American since it the international Language

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:00 am

Israel is in the Eurovision Song Contest, and I don't think it's in Europe.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down