NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mississippi couple asks FBI for help after cops allegedly point guns at autistic 6-year-old son

Go down

Mississippi couple asks FBI for help after cops allegedly point guns at autistic 6-year-old son Empty Mississippi couple asks FBI for help after cops allegedly point guns at autistic 6-year-old son

Post by Guest Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:10 am

A Jackson, Mississippi couple is seeking federal help after local police allegedly drew their guns at their 6-year-old autistic son, WBRC-TV reported.
Angela Thompson Roby said the incident happened while officers from the Ridgeland Police Department were executing a search warrant on Friday against her 23-year-old brother, Carneigio Gray, inside their mother’s home.
“My son was telling the police officers to stop, to not do that, please don’t hurt his uncle,” she told WBRC. “That’s when the guns were drawn on him and my mother was telling them, ‘Hey please don’t point your gun at my grandbaby. Please don’t do that.’”

The Jackson Clarion-Ledger reported that, according to police, they called for backup when Gray resisted arrest. He had a warrant for contempt of court after he failed to appear to answer drug paraphernalia charges from three years ago.
Roby and her husband have contacted the Federal Bureau of Investigations and the Attorney General’s office. But a police spokesperson, Lt. John Neal, said the couple had not filed a complaint with the department.
“We’ve got policies and procedures for citizens to file complaints, and there are channels that are in place for citizens to lodge complaints with us to where they can be investigated,” Neal told the Clarion-Ledger. “If this family feels they’ve been wronged, our doors are open. We’d be happy to talk to them.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/mississippi-couple-asks-fbi-for-help-after-cops-allegedly-point-guns-at-autistic-6-year-old-son/

Back to top Go down