NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things to make you think

+4
Lone Wolf
veya_victaous
stardesk
eddie
8 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Things to make you think - Page 3 Empty Things to make you think

Post by Guest Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:14 am

First topic message reminder :

Things to make you think - Page 3 B9BZ7kcIYAEo4nx

Last edited by risingsun on Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Things to make you think - Page 3 Empty Re: Things to make you think

Post by Guest Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:38 pm

Things to make you think - Page 3 Quote-2-yellow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:16 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

Did not take long for Stassi to duck out ha ha ha ha

cheers

WE BOTH know that the despicable piece of filth formerly known as "sassy" has no backbone, nor morals...

SHE had already posted over a hundred times by the time I heard it was her sliming her way through this site ~ and I haven't yet seen anything worthwhile among her usual dross..    drunken

Agreed mate, but do not allow yourself to be drawn down to her level, you are better than than mate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:24 pm

Things to make you think - Page 3 Quotation-Robert-Jordan-women-men-time-Meetville-Quotes-56215

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:27 pm

Things to make you think - Page 3 60410110

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:37 pm

darknessss wrote:Things to make you think - Page 3 60410110

Petition to stop public money being used for it:

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/no-taxpayer-funding-for-margaret-thatcher-memorial-museum-library

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:42 pm

risingsun wrote:
darknessss wrote:Things to make you think - Page 3 60410110

Petition to stop public money being used for it:

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/no-taxpayer-funding-for-margaret-thatcher-memorial-museum-library
signed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:45 pm

Thanks. When they are shutting libraries that give people so much pleasure if they want one for her they can damn well stomp it up themselves.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:08 pm

risingsun wrote:Things to make you think - Page 3 Quotation-Robert-Jordan-women-men-time-Meetville-Quotes-56215

Why not just say what you think instead of posting up picture statues.
It's not facebook!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:20 pm

Things to make you think - Page 3 B9WeDt4IIAIKbzg

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:21 pm

Evening all. I'd just like to pick up on a point from the pevious page about waste by big business and others who have no conscience.

C & P: To Rising Suns point on Big Business causing starvation that is sadly very true
While I don't think we have done it since the 90's when we got the trade deals with China and Japan
there was a point where Australian Wheat producers would burn millions of tons of wheat instead of put in on the market because it would cause the price to crash.

A fruit farmer near where I live, with hundeds of apple trees, had a magnificent crop, instead of selling them cheaply to the markets he picked several tons, poured them onto the ground, and drove his tractor over them! This of course meant he could keep the price higher.

So yes, big business and greed is partly responsible for a lot of people being hard up.

Last edited by stardesk on Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:28 pm

stardesk wrote:Evening all. I'd just like to pick up on a point from the pevious page about waste by big business and others who have no conscience.

C & P: To Rising Suns point on Big Business causing starvation that is sadly very true
While I don't think we have done it since the 90's when we got the trade deals with China and Japan
there was a point where Australian Wheat producers would burn millions of tons of wheat instead of put in on the market because it would cause the price to crash.

A fruit farmer near where I live, with hundeds of apple trees, had a magnificent crop, instead of selling them cheaply to the markets he picked several tons, poured them onto the ground, and drove his tractor over them! This of course meant he could keep the price higher.

So yes, big business and greed is partly responsible for a lot of people being hard up.

I agree, but not the big business I was talking about. The corporations in Africa etc are the ones that are doing the most damage. Think Tiny Rowlands and asbestos mining, children playing on heaps of white asbestos, one spec of which gives you lung cancer.

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:32 pm

Hi Risingsun, I'll get back to this tomorrow, I've got to sign off now. Bye.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:36 pm

@risingsun

it is all the same mentality. be it fruit farmer, miner, banking or any other. constant desire for more profit at the expense of others.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:40 pm

stardesk wrote:Evening all. I'd just like to pick up on a point from the pevious page about waste by big business and others who have no conscience.

Very true Star. I'm sure many of us remember the scandal of the EU butter and wheat mountains being stored whilst children starved in famine driven lands in Africa.

I think that pressure was applied and some of it was released but I don't remember how much.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:43 pm

@Veya It is, but those companies that are actually there do more to harm than just show greed.  They affect the economy and pollute the land with no care of the people that live there.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:18 pm

risingsun wrote:@Veya  It is, but those companies that are actually there do more to harm than just show greed.  They affect the economy and pollute the land with no care of the people that live there.

One of them is Gina Rhinehart and She OPENLY campaigns to change the laws here to be the SAME as Africa (she seriously said our $15 an hour wage should be reduced to $15 a week solely so she can make a few million more a day ... it is not an African Problem they would do it to all of us if they could.. Africa is just in the position where it cant defend against them.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:20 pm

All the pollution stuff they try and get away with here too We are constantly having to take them to court to get hem clean up.. this is part of the reason Abbott has blown a multi-billion Dollar black-hole in the budget is he cancelled the tax used to pay for the clean up so now the regular tax payer has to foot the bill.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:21 pm

Sounds about right, they make the money, cause the problem, tax payer gets the joy of paying to clean it up.

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:26 pm

Hi folks. Sorry for keeping on about farmers but it does highlight the attitudes of the business world:
'We've made it, if you haven't, tough!'

On another occasion, another farmer in our area had about 8 acres of cabbages and, for whatever reason, instead of selling them cheaply to local people, he put his herd of sheep on the field, and let them eat the bloody lot!

As said, African mining is a prime example of abusing the local population in the sense that the mined minerals, gold, diamonds, copper etc, amassed huge profits for the companies, whilst the local people lived in poverty. Such is the world we live in. either you've got it or you haven't. As I said, if you haven't then hard luck. We may live in a democracy but it is one-sided. If the people make a noise give 'em a lolly, that'll keep 'em quiet.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:17 pm

Agree with that Stardesk. Unfortunately the world over the rich have too much influence, simply because they are rich. The power is concentrated in their hands and they become immune to the suffering around them. Of course there are some exceptions, but they are notable because of just that, they are exceptions to the rule. Money is the only thing that matters to those with the power.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:16 pm

stardesk wrote:Hi folks. Sorry for keeping on about farmers but it does highlight the attitudes of the business world:
'We've made it, if you haven't, tough!'

On another occasion, another farmer in our area had about 8 acres of cabbages and, for whatever reason, instead of selling them cheaply to local people, he put his herd of sheep on the field, and let them eat the bloody lot!

As said, African mining is a prime example of abusing the local population in the sense that the mined minerals, gold, diamonds, copper etc, amassed huge profits for the companies, whilst the local people lived in poverty. Such is the world we live in. either you've got it or you haven't. As I said, if you haven't then hard luck. We may live in a democracy but it is one-sided. If the people make a noise give 'em a lolly, that'll keep 'em quiet.

Hi Star.....are you sure that he didnt plant those cabbages as a "fodder crop" anyway

It is often done with numerous crops...swede and turnip etc so cabbage is a possibility....

just a thought

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:16 pm

Oh, God help us. It's the end of the world! Wolfy picked me up for calling a flock of sheep a herd. Oh Christ, I'll never live it down... Crying or Very sad Actually old boy, being a country boy I do know that, but I had other things on my mind and didn't have my thinking cap on, sorry!  
I agree with you Wolfy about industrialized nations owe a big debt to the countries/people they took advantage of. Another example of greed and selfishness was slavery, I wonder, how many people and nations made fortunes out of it?

Hi Darkness, as far as I know, and according to one of the farmer's staff,  it was a crop intended for the market, not diseased or a fodder crop.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:27 am

Lone Wolf wrote:THAT quote only goes to show us all just WHY sassy is the lonely old harridan she is today...

WITH no real men left in her empty and worthless end days..

Cold shot, Bee.  Let's put it behind us.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:34 pm

Things to make you think - Page 3 B9hPXmrIEAEAZOm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:27 pm

Things to make you think - Page 3 5183526253896

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:05 pm

Things to make you think - Page 3 B9sv6v5IAAAM35a

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:25 pm

Things to make you think - Page 3 Quote-although-it-is-not-true-that-all-conservatives-are-stupid-people-it-is-true-that-most-stupid-john-stuart-mill-126980

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:17 pm

Things to make you think - Page 3 Hqdefault

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:18 pm

Things to make you think - Page 3 Democritus-philosopher-quote-everything-existing-in-the-universe-is

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:23 pm

Things to make you think - Page 3 6a016768d30b9a970b017ee88ee37a970d-pi

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:06 pm

Children should be children; not mini adults.

Eddie 2015

Don't dress them up as fucking whores and mini women!

lol!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:33 pm

eddie wrote:Children should be children; not mini adults.

Eddie 2015

Don't dress them up as fucking whores and mini women!

lol!

Who decided what a whore is?
People like you on how people dress.
Does that make a person a whore, or that you have decided they are a whore.
I am not innocent for falling prey to doing this, but you are not what you picture yourself as the ethical morality point on what is right tor wrong.
If you think dressing your daughter as someone who fell on bad times and found her soul mate and true happiness as a bad thing, as a moral life lesson of some dreams come true and only saw sexulization as something wrong?
Then the sex offenders are defining our children s lives, based on how you perceive the same as they do.
You are in fact making the child look adult with your reasoning

Night, see you tomorrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:53 pm

http://www.google.com/search?sclient=tablet-gws&site=&source=hp&q=grumpy+cat+sayings&oq=grumpy+cat+sayings&gs_l=tablet-gws.12..0j0i22i30l2.1523.7060.0.8826.18.15.0.0.0.0.942.3550.2-2j0j2j2j1.7.0.msedr...0...1c.1.61.tablet-gws..11.7.3549.Ej99YHkuxcg#imgrc=s83XPKxky1ICxM%253A%3Bundefined%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fbuymelaughs.com%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2013%252F12%252FFunny-Cats-Top-49-Most-Funniest-Grumpy-Cat-Quotes-25.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fbuymelaughs.com%252Ftop-49-most-funniest-grumpy-cat-quotes%252F%3B429%3B590
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:19 pm

Cass wrote:http://www.google.com/search?sclient=tablet-gws&site=&source=hp&q=grumpy+cat+sayings&oq=grumpy+cat+sayings&gs_l=tablet-gws.12..0j0i22i30l2.1523.7060.0.8826.18.15.0.0.0.0.942.3550.2-2j0j2j2j1.7.0.msedr...0...1c.1.61.tablet-gws..11.7.3549.Ej99YHkuxcg#imgrc=s83XPKxky1ICxM%253A%3Bundefined%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fbuymelaughs.com%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2013%252F12%252FFunny-Cats-Top-49-Most-Funniest-Grumpy-Cat-Quotes-25.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fbuymelaughs.com%252Ftop-49-most-funniest-grumpy-cat-quotes%252F%3B429%3B590

LOLZ Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Things to make you think - Page 3 4f45ddc681457a1dd453c4c36266e28f
Things to make you think - Page 3 E18c486e5c10b3de621871161d0cc73c
Things to make you think - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdT8UFSPmfwtCQ6AjBeDlk6gcm_9FHBse7dNbeF7G8LSgHLsfp

Last edited by veya_victaous on Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:30 pm

http://picsndquotes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/grumpy-cat-quotes-07.jpg
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:36 am

Things to make you think - Page 3 Enhanced-buzz-wide-22341-1423865727-23
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:52 pm

There were 640 Murders / Homicides in Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) in 2011/12 (10.43 per million population)
Of these 640 Murders / Homicides, 44 involved a gun or firearm as the main weapon.

and as an aside only about 6 of those involved "nutters with legitimately held firearms"
and 4 were by police

NOW

Reported Road Casualties in Great Britain, 2012
Killed 1,754
Seriously Injured 23,039
Slightly Injured 170,930
All 195,723

These figures are for road accidents in which someone was injured on a public road and which were reported to the police. Although virtually all fatal road accidents are reported to the police, it is known that many involving injury are not reported, even when some of those involved required medical or hospital treatment. It is estimated that the total number of road casualties in Great Britain is between 660,000 and 880,000 per year, with a best estimate of around 730,000. This includes an estimated 80,000 people who are seriously injured.

Common causes of these unnecessary tragedies include:

Speeding
Around 400 people a year are killed in crashes in which someone exceeds the speed limit or drives too fast for the conditions.

Drink Driving
Around 280 people die a year in crashes in which someone was over the legal drink drive limit.

Seat Belt Wearing
Around 200 lives each year could be saved if everyone always wore their seat belt.

Careless Driving
More than 300 deaths a year involve someone being "careless, reckless or in a hurry", and a further 120 involve "aggressive driving".

At-work
Around one third of fatal and serious road crashes involve someone who was at work.

Inexperience
More than 400 people are killed in crashes involving young car drivers aged 17 to 24 years, every year, including over 150 young drivers, 90 passengers and more than 170 other road users.

seems to me that we had better apply the same restrictions to vehicle licencing as we do to Gun licensing
and since inexperience is a major contributor perhaps we should also insist on a prolonged period of mentoring BEFORE a licence is granted...

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:59 pm

in that way you would have

background checks....and almost any criminality would rule out getting a licence
regular reviews
even speeding offences could permanently lose your licence

you would HAVE to show you were "of temperate habits"

A letter from your GP could have your licence revoked instantly

YOU WOULD HAVE to show "good reason" for having a vehicle and economics DOESN'T count
NOR DOES "wanting one" or almost any other excuse

you would have to pay for a Variation every time you changed vehicles

you would have to show continued justification for posessing said vehicle and have fuel receipts to show that you are indeed using it.

you would have to justify each and every change in vehicle capacity engine size and power

you would only initially be granted a fiat 500

Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:12 pm

Because, as we all know, cars were designed for the sole purpose of allowing the user to take careful aim at something he/she wants to die, to pull a simple lever, and to fire a high-velocity pointed piece of metal at the target.

Rolling Eyes
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:18 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Because, as we all know, cars were designed for the sole purpose of allowing the user to take careful aim at something he/she wants to die, to pull a simple lever, and to fire a high-velocity pointed piece of metal at the target.

Rolling Eyes

straw man ....

If anything my post makes the point that it is the man not the inanimate item that kills....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:21 pm

1180 NEEDLESS deaths due to what amounts to criminal negligence

(those in red)

is that REALLY any different????

or are you just defending "your " toy?
(BTW I am talking UK here ...not the insanity that is the US)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:37 pm

darknessss wrote:1180  NEEDLESS deaths due to what amounts to criminal negligence

(those in red)

I'm not defending UK policy, just saying that it obviously makes sense to treat guns and cars differently.

A) Agitated guy comes into a car dealership and asks to look at the selection

B) Agitated guy comes into a gun store and asks to look at the selection

Honestly.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:43 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
darknessss wrote:1180  NEEDLESS deaths due to what amounts to criminal negligence

(those in red)

I'm not defending UK policy, just saying that it obviously makes sense to treat guns and cars differently.

A) Agitated guy comes into a car dealership and asks to look at the selection

B) Agitated guy comes into a gun store and asks to look at the selection

Honestly.

and the difference is??

agitated(because hes had a tiff with the missus) gun buyer goes out and shoots someone because his heads a mess

agitated car(for the same reason) buyer goes out and causes a pile up because his heads a mess

whats the difference?

honestly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:44 pm

oh and as a car driver you (in the uk ) are statistically 40 time more likely to kill someone
than a gun owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:44 pm

Things to make you think - Page 3 Attachment
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:48 pm

Yep You killer car drivers are fond of that .......

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next