NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12yr old targetted by anti terror police for trying to stop closure of youth club

5 posters

Go down

12yr old targetted by anti terror police for trying to stop closure of youth club Empty 12yr old targetted by anti terror police for trying to stop closure of youth club

Post by Guest Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:27 pm

A schoolboy trying to save his youth club was hauled from class after his plan to protest outside David Cameron's constituency office was spotted - by anti-terror police.

In an astonishing over-reaction, 12-year-old Nicky Wishart was warned he faced ARREST.

"I couldn't believe it," he said. "The policeman asked me lots of questions about why we were having a protest and who would be there.

"I said it was simply because we didn't want our youth centre to close - it's a fantastic place to go and there isn't much else for us to do round here."

The full-scale security operation swung into effect days after Nicky made an innocent request on Facebook to "save our youth centre".

The surprised boy was told police were now monitoring his Facebook posts - which are mainly gossip and banter from school about lessons and friends' haircuts.

He was told he would be responsible for any "trouble" at the well-mannered picket on Friday night.

Public-spirited Nicky, one of the PM's constituents in the Oxfordshire seat of Witney, said: "All this is because Mr Cameron is our local MP and it's a bit embarrassing for him."

He said the police arrived during an English lesson on Tuesday afternoon.

"I was taken out of class - and the policeman said, 'Are you aware that the anti-terrorist squad are looking at your Facebook account?' He said that if anything got out of hand, they would arrest people.

"Then he said that I could get arrested for organising it. I was frightened and wished my mum was with me."

Nicky, who describes himself as a "maths geek, not a rebel or rioter", said: "Then the policeman asked, 'Does your mum know about this?' I said, 'Yes, of course, she supports it.'

"But the policeman carried on, 'Are you sure your mum wants you out protesting at night?' He was trying to scare me off - but there was no way I wasn't going to go."

In opposition, Mr Cameron often spoke of the need to keep youth clubs open to give youngsters a constructive way to spend their time.

He said in 2007: "Before people break the law, we need strong families, we need youth clubs, we need things to divert people from crime."

But, as part of the Con-Dem cuts, Tory-run Oxfordshire County Council is axing £4million of funding for 20 clubs - including the one in Nicky's home village, Eynsham.

The council claims volunteers might take over as part of Mr Cameron's "Big Society".

But Nicky says that if funding for the five staff at the centre is removed, it will be forced to close in March.

The well-used centre, catering for children aged 10 to 18 has a music room, pool table, table-tennis and coffee bar.

Nicky set up a Facebook group called Save All UK Youth Centres, which now has 649 members.

ww.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/boy-12-hauled-out-class-268999#ICID

Fascism?

Back to top Go down

12yr old targetted by anti terror police for trying to stop closure of youth club Empty Re: 12yr old targetted by anti terror police for trying to stop closure of youth club

Post by veya_victaous Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:35 pm

Well that didn't take long to get Abused Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

thought it would at least be a 6 months before we got to tell didge 'told you so' tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

12yr old targetted by anti terror police for trying to stop closure of youth club Empty Re: 12yr old targetted by anti terror police for trying to stop closure of youth club

Post by Guest Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:47 am

David Camerons constituency office don't like democracy at work anyway. The had the police called on a Bishop and a Rev trying to hand in a petition about food banks even though they had an appointment to do it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/david-camerons-constituency-office-calls-police-on-food-bank-campaigners-bishop-of-oxford-and-reverend-keith-hebden-9274303.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:21 am

I told you so..... Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by nicko Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:43 pm

Most of your post is correct, except for your last line which shows a pathetic knowledge of the Conservatives in this Country.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:43 pm

nicko wrote:Most of your post is correct, except for your last line which shows a pathetic knowledge of the Conservatives in this Country.

What part?  They don't sleep?  Or they don't use beds?

(Just kidding; couldn't resist.)

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:18 pm

Original Quill wrote:
nicko wrote:Most of your post is correct, except for your last line which shows a pathetic knowledge of the Conservatives in this Country.

What part?  They don't sleep?  Or they don't use beds?

(Just kidding; couldn't resist.)

is it the part where the Burn in Sun light true ? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

12yr old targetted by anti terror police for trying to stop closure of youth club Burning_vampire_aaronsimmscompany
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:03 am

"Good little British Tories" sarcasm, lowest form of wit, but then you are witless aren't you?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:23 am

nicko wrote:"Good little British Tories"     sarcasm, lowest form of wit,  but then you are witless aren't you?

To Be Fair they are not as hilariously crazy as tea party republicans Wink  
In Australia Currently we are seeing the RW split(maybe could just be media beat up)... Abbott (crazy republican types) and Turnbull (center RW)
Unless some Miraculous known contender puts their hand up, If Turnbull takes over the Liberal Party I'd Vote for them... Best Pollie in either major party by a long shot even if he is RW. silent

@Wolf
don't pretend ASIO aren't just as bad, ok they haven't shot innocents yet but they Did Nationally broadcast a raid on dozens of homes and came back with a Plastic sword Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:25 pm

actually this story is originally from December 2012 and the club is still open.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:47 pm

Cass wrote:actually this story is originally from December 2012 and the club is still open.

December 2010. Cameron had only been in power 6 months. I was saying that his constiuency office didn't like democracy taking place outside it from the beginning. When they called the police on the Bishop for trying to hand in the petition when he had arranged to do so, it showed they still don't like it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:01 pm

risingsun wrote:
Cass wrote:actually this story is originally from December 2012 and the club is still open.

December 2010. Cameron had only been in power 6 months. I was saying that his constiuency office didn't like democracy taking place outside it from the beginning. When they called the police on the Bishop for trying to hand in the petition when he had arranged to do so, it showed they still don't like it.

my bad.....fat finger syndrome Smile

I just wasn't sure why using a very old story was the lead if the topic is about DC being a fascist? or is that the police?

it was heavy handed to be sure but I don't think its down to anti-democratic policy - more like a case of Chinese whispers gone bad and got talked out of all proportion.

sadly today (and even 5 years ago) because of a multitude of reasons, LE can be over-vigilant with public leaders. Its a shame but id rather it be that way.

I used to live and work in oxfordshire near his constituency - good brewery but that was before he became PM - a good friend says its not that noticeable. She works just round the corner.

anyway the story had a happy ending - despot OCC who are notorious for this kind of thing on a yearly basis.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:59 pm

Wish I could agree but I can't. Ever since this government came to power democracy has gone out of the window.

They started as soon as they came to power:

Coalition government: Conservative anger at 'anti-democratic' no-confidence rule
Last Updated: 10:49AM BST 14/05/2010
Conservative MPs might rebel against “profoundly anti-democratic” moves to keep the new coalition in power by increasing the threshold for a vote of no confidence.

Under the terms of a deal struck between the two parties, ministers plan to introduce a law that would require the votes of 55 per cent of the Commons – 358 MPs – before the Government could be thrown out.

David Cameron said this was to ensure that the coalition survived the five-year fixed term over which he intends to govern.

However, MPs of all parties are concerned that the move amounts to a radical change in the constitution, which was not put to the electorate at the general election. Labour MPs will vote against the move and may be joined by several Conservative backbenchers, who are lobbying for the measure to be dropped.

At present, a simple majority of MPs can vote down a government.

Because the five Sinn Fein MPs do not take their Commons seats, and, by convention, the Speaker and his deputies do not take part in votes, the new law would mean that it would be virtually impossible to topple the Conservatives even if their Liberal Democrat colleagues quit the coalition.

The Conservatives have 306 MPs – 20 short of an overall majority, but more than enough to resist a vote of no confidence under the proposed new system.

If the 55 per cent threshold had been in place during the 1979 Winter of Discontent, the Labour administration would not have collapsed in the vote of no confidence that led to the election which ushered in Margaret Thatcher.

James Callaghan, who was then prime minister, lost by a single vote in a no-confidence motion called by Mrs Thatcher, forcing him to hold a general election.

Jack Straw, the former justice secretary, and David Blunkett, the former home secretary, said the coalition was planning an undemocratic “fix”.

The Conservatives have more than 47 per cent of MPs, meaning the combined weight of all the other parties would not be enough to reach the 55 per cent threshold without a Tory rebellion.

William Hague, the Foreign Secretary, said the threshold was necessary to sustain the new parliamentary terms. He told BBC Radio 4’s World at One: “This is a constitutional innovation, but so is the idea of a fixed-term parliament.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/conservative/7721593/Coalition-government-Conservative-anger-at-anti-democratic-no-confidence-rule.html?mobile=basic

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:34 am

ok fair enough that is your take on it but I disagree.

I'd rather live in the US or UK where we have to take the good with the bad than somewhere else where we have no choice at all.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down