NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anti-fracking protesters to be labelled ‘extremists’ by police thanks to Government terror strategy

Go down

Anti-fracking protesters to be labelled ‘extremists’ by police thanks to Government terror strategy Empty Anti-fracking protesters to be labelled ‘extremists’ by police thanks to Government terror strategy

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:09 pm

• Teachers told that campaigners against fracking may be extremists
  • MP Caroline Lucas was highlighted as someone who could be a threat
  • Fury over new interpretation of the Prevent anti-terror strategy 

Anti-fracking protesters to be labelled ‘extremists’ by police thanks to Government terror strategy 0BEB876800000514-3223109-image-m-34_1441416952470
Threat? MP Caroline Lucas has been highlighted as someone who could pose a threat under terror laws
Anti-fracking protesters could be viewed as potential extremists under the government’s new counter-terrorism strategy, police have told teachers.

The bizarre advice was offered during a training session as part of the Prevent strategy, which aims to stop youngsters being brainwashed by Islamic extremists.

The group of 100 teachers were told that people campaigning against fracking in their local area could be regarded as having extreme views.
They were also warned that environmental activists and anti-capitalists could be deemed a threat, with the Green MP Caroline Lucas given as an example.

Dylan Murphy, a history teacher present at the training day, said: ‘The thing that set alarm bells ringing in my head was when he started talking about environmental activists. ‘I thought, “Are you equating anti-fracking protests and environmental protesters with neo-Nazis and terrorists?”’

Yesterday, critics voiced concerns that officers appeared to be widening the remit of counterterrorism strategies in schools to include protest groups.

Amanda Brown, assistant general secretary of the NUT teaching union, said: ‘I’m quite alarmed that a police officer, who people would trust and think is offering the right advice, would say that it might be considered as extremism that someone is expressing their right, in a democracy, to express a view.’

https://dwpexamination.wordpress.com/2015/09/05/anti-fracking-protesters-to-be-labelled-extremists-by-police-thanks-to-government-terror-strategy/?utm_content=buffer127f6&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Britain well on the way to being a fascist state with no protesting allowed.

Back to top Go down

Anti-fracking protesters to be labelled ‘extremists’ by police thanks to Government terror strategy Empty Re: Anti-fracking protesters to be labelled ‘extremists’ by police thanks to Government terror strategy

Post by nicko Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:51 pm

I think we should get "fracking" before the lights go out.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down