NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Right-Wing Christians Can't Wait For the End Times

5 posters

Go down

Right-Wing Christians Can't Wait For the End Times Empty Right-Wing Christians Can't Wait For the End Times

Post by Lurker Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:01 am

While there’s much about the Christian right that’s difficult for the rest of us to understand, the preoccupation with the “end times” is close to the top of the list. Why do fundamentalist Christians have this strange tendency to cast around looking for evidence that they will be witness to the apocalypse?

During the height of the Syria crisis, former House representative Michele Bachmann told radio host Jan Markell that the conflict in Syria was a sign that the world was going to end, because the President was arming rebels in that country: “This happened and as of today the United States is willingly, knowingly, intentionally sending arms to terrorists. Now what this says to me, I’m a believer in Jesus Christ, as I look at the end times scripture, this says to me that the leaf is on the fig tree and we are to understand the signs of the times, which is your ministry, we are to understand where we are in God’s end times history.”

While she didn’t come out and say it, the implication was crystal clear to the audience: President Obama is the Antichrist and his actions are going to kickstart the final battle between good and evil that will bring the end of the world. While most of us would be alarmed if we thought we were facing down the apocalypse and a worldwide war that will kill millions, Bachmann was psyched: “Rather than seeing this as a negative, we need to rejoice, Maranatha Come Lord Jesus, His day is at hand.”

Bachmann isn’t alone in this belief that the end of days is something to be desired. Three out of four evangelicals believe Christ will return soon. This is, of course, mostly wishful thinking—they believe they’re seeing the end of the world because they want to see the end of the world. Why would anyone want that, when the Bible they believe in predicts it will be mass murder, hellfire, and every grotesque thing imaginable? Here are some reasons.

http://www.alternet.org/belief/4-reasons-right-wing-christians-cant-wait-end-times
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Right-Wing Christians Can't Wait For the End Times Empty Re: Right-Wing Christians Can't Wait For the End Times

Post by Guest Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:12 am

Lurker wrote:
While there’s much about the Christian right that’s difficult for the rest of us to understand, the preoccupation with the “end times” is close to the top of the list. Why do fundamentalist Christians have this strange tendency to cast around looking for evidence that they will be witness to the apocalypse?

During the height of the Syria crisis, former House representative Michele Bachmann told radio host Jan Markell that the conflict in Syria was a sign that the world was going to end, because the President was arming rebels in that country: “This happened and as of today the United States is willingly, knowingly, intentionally sending arms to terrorists. Now what this says to me, I’m a believer in Jesus Christ, as I look at the end times scripture, this says to me that the leaf is on the fig tree and we are to understand the signs of the times, which is your ministry, we are to understand where we are in God’s end times history.”

While she didn’t come out and say it, the implication was crystal clear to the audience: President Obama is the Antichrist and his actions are going to kickstart the final battle between good and evil that will bring the end of the world. While most of us would be alarmed if we thought we were facing down the apocalypse and a worldwide war that will kill millions, Bachmann was psyched: “Rather than seeing this as a negative, we need to rejoice, Maranatha Come Lord Jesus, His day is at hand.”

Bachmann isn’t alone in this belief that the end of days is something to be desired. Three out of four evangelicals believe Christ will return soon. This is, of course, mostly wishful thinking—they believe they’re seeing the end of the world because they want to see the end of the world. Why would anyone want that, when the Bible they believe in predicts it will be mass murder, hellfire, and every grotesque thing imaginable? Here are some reasons.

http://www.alternet.org/belief/4-reasons-right-wing-christians-cant-wait-end-times
Right-Wing Christians Can't Wait For the End Times Tumblr10

Back to top Go down

Right-Wing Christians Can't Wait For the End Times Empty Re: Right-Wing Christians Can't Wait For the End Times

Post by veya_victaous Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:30 am

Ragnarok already fits better And Don't think for a Second I wont be promoting the Serpent gods till the end. (Nidhogg and Jormungand for Ragnarok)

In Midgard, the realm of human civilization, people abandoned their traditional ways, disregarded the bonds of kinship, and sank into a wayward, listless nihilism. The gods weren’t exactly innocent of these same charges, however. They had broken oaths and fallen short of their expectations of one another on many occasions.
Pretty much Describes modern popular culture to a tee

3. is a self for-filling prophecy? don't save planet the world is going to end anyway... world proceeds to die from man kinds in action and continued destructive life style.

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:54 am

Weirdo cultists making up voodoo to support how they really feel anyway Smile

... crafted by a student, Kenneth John Freeman, for his Cambridge dissertation published in 1907. Freeman did not claim that the passage under analysis was a direct quotation of anyone; instead, he was presenting his own summary of the complaints directed against young people in ancient times. The words he used were later slightly altered to yield the modern version. In fact, more than one section of his thesis has been excerpted and then attributed classical luminaries. Here is the original text [CAMB]:

The counts of the indictment are luxury, bad manners, contempt for authority, disrespect to elders, and a love for chatter in place of exercise. …

Children began to be the tyrants, not the slaves, of their households. They no longer rose from their seats when an elder entered the room; they contradicted their parents, chattered before company, gobbled up the dainties at table, and committed various offences against Hellenic tastes, such as crossing their legs. They tyrannised over the paidagogoi and schoolmasters

http://quoteinvestigator.com/2010/05/01/misbehaving-children-in-ancient-times/

TL/DR: Guy in 1907 writes about people thousands of years before him who believed the world was going to the dogs ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:47 pm

funny how Michelle I'm from another Universe Bachmann conveniently forgets her Christian principles when the US were helping out old Saddam....oopsie!

well if it is the end times soon (and lets face it God has been a bit hit and miss on this) someone let me know so I can skip the housework and just sit on just sit on my ass drinking and eating pizza. thanks ever so.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:54 pm

Cass wrote:funny how Michelle I'm from another Universe Bachmann conveniently forgets her Christian principles when the US were helping out old Saddam....oopsie!

well if it is the end times soon (and lets face it God has been a bit hit and miss on this) someone let me know so I can skip the housework and just sit on just sit on my ass drinking and eating pizza. thanks ever so.

I'm with you on that one Cass. I'd be properly pissed off if I'd spent all day cleaning and ironing only to find the world was going kaput!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down