NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Right-Wing Christians Believe Republican Party Lies

4 posters

Go down

Why Right-Wing Christians Believe Republican Party Lies Empty Why Right-Wing Christians Believe Republican Party Lies

Post by Lurker Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:56 pm

http://www.alternet.org/belief/why-right-wing-christians-believe-gop-lies

The Republican Party base is white evangelicals. So it's no wonder that GOP lies about the country, the economy and the president worked. The folks who base their lives on religious mythology have spent lifetimes being trained to believe lies. On Tuesday they won. Lies won.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Why Right-Wing Christians Believe Republican Party Lies Empty Re: Why Right-Wing Christians Believe Republican Party Lies

Post by Guest Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:52 pm

probably for the same reason that L/W athiests believe democrat lies

ITS WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR..........

Back to top Go down

Why Right-Wing Christians Believe Republican Party Lies Empty Re: Why Right-Wing Christians Believe Republican Party Lies

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:54 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:probably for the same reason that L/W athiests believe democrat lies

Actually, liberals actually listen to what right-wingers have to say, and expose ourselves to contrary views all the time. The last thing I want is for someone to tell me what I want to hear and not the truth.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:54 pm

Good come back Ben.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:03 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:probably for the same reason that L/W athiests believe democrat lies

Actually, liberals actually listen to what right-wingers have to say, and expose ourselves to contrary views all the time
unless you are stone deaf....do you have a choice?????

The last thing I want is for someone to tell me what I want to hear and not the truth.

and how would you know the difference...untill after the event so to speak?
truth can be very subjective......

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:58 am

"truth can be very subjective"

Really? So, that's why right-wingers don't understand the truth when it smacks them in the face. LOL
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:06 pm

Lurker wrote:"truth can be very subjective"

Really? So, that's why right-wingers don't understand the truth when it smacks them in the face. LOL

discrimination is bad
discrimination is good

which one is "universally true"

neither....so "truth can be subjective"......

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Original Quill Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:02 pm

Conservatives live inside scripts, not reality.  That's why facts do not matter to them. The game isn't analytical, but playing out a role in a Clint Eastwood or John Wayne fantasy.  They even memorize the lines: Make my day!

The big difference between liberals and conservatives is that liberals are tending to real problems of real people...in the real world.  As I've argued elsewhere (see, ie, FA Hayek, Why I'm Not a Conservative), conservatives are really urging a social pattern that was written some 400-years ago...so that, really, their habit is to read over-and-over the old script, rather than think out new problems.

And their ideas are self-validating: if you point out that the facts don't bear them (conservatives) out, they don't care...they are working off a script, not trying to deal with anything new.  At best, they will try to argue that whatever it is, is not really a problem (school lunches) or they will argue that it is not befitting a government to deal with it (healthcare). Then, for them, it merely goes away.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:04 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

discrimination is bad
discrimination is good

which one is "universally true"

neither....so "truth can be subjective"......

No, it's contextual. D'UH!

only in your insane world....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:05 pm

I'm not hiring you because you are black

I'm not hiring you because you are female

which is worse........

and under what context would either be contextual
under what context would either be subjective......

Last edited by victorisnotamused on Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:06 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:I'm not hiring you because you are black

which is worse........

Why does one have to be worse, when they are both equally wrong to say.??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:08 pm

Brasidas wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:I'm not hiring you because you are black

which is worse........

shurrup you..... Laughing
(hint they are not equally wrong to say.....universally)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:10 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

shurrup you..... Laughing
(hint they are not equally wrong to say.....universally)

lol, okay they would be equally wrong in the context of denying a job based off who someone is.
Fair?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:17 pm

nope.....THINK man.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:21 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:nope.....THINK man.....

No that point is correct, that would be equal, as they are being denied based on who they are, this is then broke down into categories, of who exactly they are.
Thus it is equal based off that point of being denied.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:34 pm

excepted occupations????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:36 pm

Still equally wrong based on the point still of who a person is.
Who made them excepted occupations?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:45 pm

the govt for good resasons....

think female toilet cleaner, in toilets that need to be open 24/7 and are not partly closeable

mining was an excepted occupation....for obvious reasons.... (there are no toilets OR privacy at the coal face,,,)

there are others too.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:49 pm

First point still discrimination on toilets, where partial closure is not a reason to deny somebody a job, as all toilets when cleaned are in fact closed in many cases to clean them .

Point two, that is just a poor excuse not to accommodate the facilities or even allow the view whether the woman would have no issue on this. It is based off a false premise, not even asking if the woman would mind.

So again equally wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:18 pm

Brasidas wrote:First point still discrimination on toilets, where partial closure is not a reason to deny somebody a job, as all toilets when cleaned are in fact closed in many cases to clean them .

the fact that "many" are does not preclude that fact that "some" are not

Point two, that is just a poor excuse not to accommodate the facilities or even allow the view whether the woman would have no issue on this. It is based off a false premise, not even asking if the woman would mind.

Clearly you have NEVER, EVER, in your life been near a coal face....i have....beleive me, theres no place for "facilities"

So again equally wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:19 pm

and there are a number of excepted occupations that are barred to men too, and reasonably so....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:22 pm

It does not matter whether I have been near a coal face in though I have been in mines, the reality is it is still discrimination basing off a view a woman could not work in that condition. If there has been roles to bar people they would be based on criminal convictions, where again otherwise there is no reason to deny people equality.
All you re doing is giving examples which have been classed specifically for only some people, when I can argue whether that is right or wrong.

Thus the point will always come back to equal discrmination

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:25 pm

Brasidas wrote:It does not matter whether I have been near a coal face in though I have been in mines, the reality is it is still discrimination basing off a view a woman could not work in that condition. If there has been roles to bar people they would be based on criminal convictions, where again otherwise there is no reason to deny people equality.
All you re doing is giving examples which have been classed specifically for only some people, when I can argue whether that is right or wrong.

which merely comes down to YOUR personal opinion and not some kind of universal concurrence of ideas

this is the problem with "moral" view points

they are ALL of them subjective and entirely dependant upon ones point of view. Even those supported by "the majority" are not necessarily the correct or logical thing to do and indeed MAY in the long run prove to be the wrong thing to do....

there is ALSO the question of "who's morals are right", since there is NO universal agreement upon a large range of moral matters....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:47 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Brasidas wrote:It does not matter whether I have been near a coal face in though I have been in mines, the reality is it is still discrimination basing off a view a woman could not work in that condition. If there has been roles to bar people they would be based on criminal convictions, where again otherwise there is no reason to deny people equality.

which merely comes down to YOUR personal opinion and not some kind of universal concurrence of ideas

this is the problem with "moral" view points

they are ALL of them subjective and entirely dependant upon ones point of view. Even those supported by "the majority" are not necessarily the correct or logical thing to do and indeed MAY in the long run prove to be the wrong thing to do....

there is ALSO the question of "who's morals are right", since there is NO universal agreement upon a large range of moral matters....

Hence subjective and contextual, so I hate to admit this, but Zack was right here was he not?
The reality is what jobs people can do based off race and sex is going to be a non starter, because they will be based off perceptions, would they not?
The reality is if they can do the job, which we known they can then it is other reasons not their sex or race, that is denying this.

Surely you can see that point thus it is then not that they are female or Asian, but looking for a reason to make this view acceptable to discriminate against them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:56 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:the govt for good resasons....

think female toilet cleaner, in toilets that need to be open 24/7 and are not partly closeable

mining was an excepted occupation....for obvious reasons.... (there are no toilets OR privacy at the coal face,,,)

You do realize the difference between "I'm not hiring you because I'm hiring miners and you're not physically qualified to do the work" and "I'm not hiring you because I don't think women belong in the workforce," don't you?

Is that really what you think this has been about for the past 50 years?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:03 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

You do realize the difference between "I'm not hiring you because I'm hiring miners and you're not physically qualified to do the work" and "I'm not hiring you because I don't think women belong in the workforce," don't you?

sexist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:06 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

sexist

Ha ha, excellent come back to get you out of jail here Victor.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:07 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

sexist

No it isn't, nobody expects employers to hire people who can't perform the duties required by a physically demanding position. If you did, all your soccer teams would have gigantic rosters full of little asthmatic guys.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:08 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:
sexist

No it isn't, nobody expects employers to hire people who can't perform the duties required by a physically demanding position. If you did, all your soccer teams would have gigantic rosters full of little asthmatic guys.

Ben he was taking the piss, being very sarcastic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:13 pm

Brasidas wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:
sexist

Ben he was taking the piss, being very sarcastic.

I took it as, "that's what somebody would say to you if you tried to make this argument if you made it in real life." Which somebody probably would, but that wouldn't make them right ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:29 pm

To me, that was Victor conceding his point Ben, in a very noble manner, which I respect.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:50 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Non, the law clearly sets aside bona fide occupational qualifications.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down