NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mythopedia: The Website To Debunk Right-Wing Lies

+3
Fred
Ben Reilly
Lurker
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mythopedia: The Website To Debunk Right-Wing Lies Empty Mythopedia: The Website To Debunk Right-Wing Lies

Post by Lurker Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:36 pm

The day before the right-wing world descended on Washington, D.C. to spew propaganda at the Conservative Political Action Conference, a media watchdog site set up a tool to counter those lies. Media Matters launched Mythopedia, an online database of right-wing lies and real truth about issues ranging from Don’t Ask Don’t Tell to what caused the BP oil spill.

Users can type in a query about any claim to see whether it’s a conservative lie.

Currently, there are some 400 entries. Soon, it may turn into a Wikipedia-style site, where highly involved users submit their own entries, with the Media Matters staff fact-checking them. But for now, anybody can submit a tip.

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/mythopedia-website-debunk-right-wing-lies
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Mythopedia: The Website To Debunk Right-Wing Lies Empty Re: Mythopedia: The Website To Debunk Right-Wing Lies

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:56 pm

That's awesome, they need to expand to to eventually cover the right-wing myths from around the world.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Mythopedia: The Website To Debunk Right-Wing Lies Empty Re: Mythopedia: The Website To Debunk Right-Wing Lies

Post by Guest Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:59 pm

I thought somebody already wrote this. Wasn't it called "1984"?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:10 pm

Tess. wrote:I thought somebody already wrote this.  Wasn't it called "1984"?

As with so many of our British posters, I'm not sure what you mean by that. Do you mean that 1984 was an encyclopedia of right-wing lies, or that the creation of an encyclopedia of right-wing lies creates a 1984-style environment? Or something else entirely?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:25 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

As with so many of our British posters, I'm not sure what you mean by that. Do you mean that 1984 was an encyclopedia of right-wing lies, or that the creation of an encyclopedia of right-wing lies creates a 1984-style environment? Or something else entirely?

1984 exist now.

Newspeak in the novel is exactly what the PC zealots have done to our language outlawing words and substituting acceptable alternatives. Acceptable to Big Brother PC zealots. Can you deny that?

Fred
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:31 pm

recanter wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

1984 exist now.

Newspeak in the novel is exactly what the PC zealots have done to our language outlawing words and substituting acceptable alternatives. Acceptable to Big Brother PC zealots. Can you deny that?

Yep. Exactly what I meant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:37 pm

I couldn't agree more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:40 pm

Is there a site anywhere debunking left wing lies?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:41 pm

sphinx wrote:Is there a site anywhere debunking left wing lies?

No, it isn't allowed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:59 pm

recanter wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

1984 exist now.

Yes. What has been "outlawed"? Ridiculous.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:36 pm

Tried the Daily Mail, Sphinx?
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:38 pm

Irn Bru wrote:

No I actually meant debunking left wing lies with actual truth not replacing them with fantasy of its own making.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:42 pm

sphinx wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

No I actually meant debunking left wing lies with actual truth not replacing them with fantasy of its own making.

Replacing what lies? And you didn't have a problem accepting that they were correct in looking for an apology from Harman on one of the issues that you actually agreed with.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:54 pm

Liberals are wrong on plenty of things -- we tend to overestimate the dangers of nuclear power generation, GMO foods, etc. But we're not as categorically wrong as the right is on a number of important issues, and this has turned up in study after study.

Mitt Romney was notorious for his dishonesty -- he repeated over and over during the 2012 campaign, just for one example, that Jeep was planning to outsource to China.

He was corrected by the CEO himself.

But he kept telling the lie; a campaign staffer even admitted that they were going to keep making the claim because it was getting them a boost in the polls.

On the topic of Romney, the right was absolutely POSITIVE he was going to win -- right up until he lost: http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/political-animal-a/2012_11/the_mystery_of_why_republicans041022.php
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:03 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
sphinx wrote:

Replacing what lies? And you didn't have a problem accepting that they were correct in looking for an apology from Harman on one of the issues that you actually agreed with.

So there you have it folks - from the keyboard of Irn Bru the official speaker - the Left do not lie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:06 pm

sphinx wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
sphinx wrote:

So there you have it folks - from the keyboard of Irn Bru the official speaker - the Left do not lie.

Where did I lie? And the official speaker on here is Didge.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:14 pm

sphinx wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

What about his point about Harman? If you look on the 'naked' thread, it's on there too, final post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:20 am

sphinx wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

Well, you have to admit, sphinx, the left has no reason to lie. They represent the average guy.

The Conservatives and Republicans represent a narrower group, the wealthy. In order to gain a majority in any political race, they must convince a reluctant public to back a minority cause. Hence, Republicans and Conservatives lie.

There is no such incentive for the Left. They are free to tell it like it is.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:42 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
recanter wrote:

1984 exist now.

ben (and just about every other lefty) searching for the truth

Mythopedia: The Website To Debunk Right-Wing Lies Ostric11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:46 pm

Original Quill wrote:
sphinx wrote:

Well, you have to admit, sphinx, the left has no reason to lie.  They represent the average guy.

The Conservatives and Republicans represent a narrower group, the wealthy.  In order to gain a majority in any political race, they must convince a reluctant public to back a minority cause.  Hence, Republicans and Conservatives lie.

There is no such incentive for the Left.  They are free to tell it like it is.

WHAT??

the left are the grand masters of lies and deceit quill, definitely in the UK anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:49 pm

I don't know why any of the right-wingers here care in the first place, seeing as Mythopedia is about American politics. Think they might have realized that if they'd actually looked at the site before forming an opinion about it?  ::D:: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:49 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
recanter wrote:

1984 exist now.

No answer to my question, then.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:54 pm

Original Quill wrote:
sphinx wrote:

Well, you have to admit, sphinx, the left has no reason to lie.  They represent the average guy.

The Conservatives and Republicans represent a narrower group, the wealthy.  In order to gain a majority in any political race, they must convince a reluctant public to back a minority cause.  Hence, Republicans and Conservatives lie.

...a very good post Quill, your quite right, Labour and lefties will tell it how it is, open and honest about how widespread poverty is, while the RW and Conservatives like to brush things under the carpet and pretend there is no problems in that department ...

I've always said,just like when a pawn shop opens in a city, it's a sign of poverty, and these foodbanks which have sprung up everywhere tell the same story, bit a more desperate one.

RW,Conservatives will lie about anything they choose to, it's one of their many traits they are 'famous' for.

Never trust a Tory, sleakit, sleazy, corrupt , selfish and LIARS.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:59 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I don't know why any of the right-wingers here care in the first place, seeing as Mythopedia is about American politics. Think they might have realized that if they'd actually looked at the site before forming an opinion about it?  ::D:: 
The fact that you just presume that we didn't look at it or know that it was American speaks volumes. I even goodled Obama on it -I should have put Saint Obama.  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:01 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

WHAT??

the left are the grand masters of lies and deceit quill, definitely in the UK anyway.

Laughing 

Newspeak definition for "smelly_bandit" = brainless little 'troll's farts upon the winds'

Idea

...Go on Bee, stick it in him, let the lying RW'er have it Evil or Very Mad Laughing Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:02 pm

The four most important right-wing lies:

1) If people seem different from you on the outside, they're quite different from you in reality.

2) You're superior to those people, who are either not as smart as you, not as strong as you, or just plain evil.

3) They want your money and take it from you through taxes rather than working like you do.

4) We want to lower taxes so you can keep that money.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:07 pm

Tess. wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:I don't know why any of the right-wingers here care in the first place, seeing as Mythopedia is about American politics. Think they might have realized that if they'd actually looked at the site before forming an opinion about it?  ::D:: 
The fact that you just presume that we didn't look at it or know that it was American speaks volumes.  I even goodled Obama on it -I should have put Saint Obama.  Rolling Eyes 

The fact that you presume anybody on the left thinks of Obama as a saint speaks volumes.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:08 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:The four most important right-wing lies:

1) If people seem different from you on the outside, they're quite different from you in reality.

2) You're superior to those people, who are either not as smart as you, not as strong as you, or just plain evil.

3) They want your money and take it from you through taxes rather than working like you do.

So you assume that all right wing people work and all left wing don't?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:09 pm

I like the way you think, Benji!  Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:13 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:The four most important right-wing lies:

So you assume that all right wing people work and all left wing don't?

I called them "lies" for a reason, Hawking ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:14 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Tess. wrote:
The fact that you just presume that we didn't look at it or know that it was American speaks volumes.  I even goodled Obama on it -I should have put Saint Obama.  Rolling Eyes 

The fact that you presume anybody on the left thinks of Obama as a saint speaks volumes.
Well I was only going by the answers on the site. From there you'd think the man just couldn't do anything wrong!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:17 pm

Tess. wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Tess. wrote:

Well I was only going by the answers on the site.  From there you'd think the man just couldn't do anything wrong!

It's a catalog of lies from the right; it logically wouldn't include lies Obama has told. If you want to run with the false notion that Obama is a leftist, of course.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:18 pm

Tess. wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Well I was only going by the answers on the site.  From there you'd think the man just couldn't do anything wrong!

And you'd be quite right Tess.

No matter how much damage Barraco Barner has done, until the day he dies he will be worshipped because (as they've said themselves) to do otherwise will give millions of people the satisfaction of knowing they were right all along. Just like Manjela

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:20 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:I like the way you think, Benji!    Twisted Evil 

...so do I Andy and he can see things just as they are, RW being liars, cheats,racists,corrupt and selfish..

I agree , Ben calls it just the way it is. cheers

...not too mention feminine as fcuk, I've always said it...have a skek of David Cameron and George Osborne's hands...never done a days graft, not too mention the way they talk and look...as if you hadn't noticed. Laughing 

Pair o' women.

Last edited by Joy Division on Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:22 pm

Joy Division wrote:

...so do I Andy and he can see things just as they are, RW being liars, cheats,racists,corrupt and selfish..

You really think that JD?

You think that everybody who votes for a right wing party - Conservative, UKIP, BNP are liars, cheats, racists, corrupt and selfish?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:23 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

You think that everybody who votes for a right wing party - Conservative, UKIP, BNP are liars, cheats, racists, corrupt and selfish?

The majority,,,absolutely.

Their certainly not for the run of the mill worker Andy...that's Labour' s job.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:32 pm

Original Quill wrote:
sphinx wrote:

You talk US politics - you might want to look at the latest research in the UK politics which shows that the party representing the average guy is now actually UKIP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:34 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

...a very good post Quill, your quite right, Labour and lefties will tell it how it is, open and honest about how widespread poverty is, while the RW and Conservatives like to brush things under the carpet and pretend there is no problems in that department ...

I've always said,just like when a pawn shop opens in a city, it's a sign of poverty, and these foodbanks which have sprung up everywhere tell the same story, bit a more desperate one.

RW,Conservatives will lie about anything they choose to, it's one of their many traits they are 'famous' for.

Never trust a Tory, sleakit, sleazy, corrupt , selfish and LIARS.

Yeah you might want to read this article on what party is actually appealing to blue collar workers.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/mar/05/left-behind-voters-only-ukip-understands

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:36 pm

Joy Division wrote:

...not too mention feminine as fcuk, I've always said it...have a skek of David Cameron and George Osborne's hands...never done a days graft, not too mention the way they talk and look...as if you hadn't noticed. Laughing 

Pair o' women.
What about Tony Blair's or Ed Millichump's hands? Just because they're "Layber" doesn't mean they've worked in the pits! Today's bunch are as soft and privileged as the Tories.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:37 pm

sphinx wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

You talk US politics - you might want to look at the latest research in the UK politics which shows that the party representing the average guy is now actually UKIP.

Erm, no it's not Sphinx, if that were the case then UKIP would be at least in the lead in the polls, what promises from a party without any representation in the HOC possibly do for the average working guy?...

What you are describing is Labour , and they have been representing the average working man for years.

What UKIP have done is gather support from many disgruntled ex Tory voters as UKIP are more extreme RW than the Conservatives.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:39 pm

Tess. wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Pair o' women.
What about Tony Blair's or Ed Millichump's hands?  Just because they're "Layber" doesn't mean they've worked in the pits!  Today's bunch are as soft and privileged as the Tories.

Look at the way Cameron looks and talks though Tess, especially Osborne...

Why does Andy Burnham or Edd Balls not act like that?

I've always said it...Eton boys cannot govern a country or grasp poverty.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:40 pm

Joy Division wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

The majority,,,absolutely.

Their certainly not for the run of the mill worker Andy...that's Labour' s job.

When was the last time you spoke to a run of the mill worker JD and asked them which party has policies they want?

You seem to be reading from the tradition sheet that says workers vote for Labour and not thinking about what Labour are actually doing and promoting and whether those polices are actually good for run of the mill workers or if another party might be offering more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:43 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Tess. wrote:
What about Tony Blair's or Ed Millichump's hands?  Just because they're "Layber" doesn't mean they've worked in the pits!  Today's bunch are as soft and privileged as the Tories.

Look at the way Cameron looks and talks though Tess, especially Osborne...

Why does Andy Burnham or Edd Balls not act like that?

I've always said it...Eton boys cannot govern a country or grasp poverty.

Andy Burnham went to Cambridge. Ed Milliband and Ed Balls both went to Oxford. Hardly working class! Nigel Farage on the other hand never went to any university, but went to work straight from school. So you see your stereotypes of leftwing working men v. right wing graduates aren't very accurate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:44 pm

Joy Division wrote:
sphinx wrote:

Erm, no it's not Sphinx, if that were the case then UKIP would be at least in the lead in the polls, what promises from a party without any representation in the HOC possibly do for the average working guy?...

What you are describing is Labour , and they have been representing the average working man for years.

What UKIP have done is gather support from many disgruntled ex Tory voters as UKIP are more extreme RW than the Conservatives.

Up until now there has been no party offering a viable alternative - the argument UKIP do not yet have an MP is disingenuous at best.

UKIP is a new party - and growing.

If you want to continue conning yourself UKIP is only disgruntled ex Tories go ahead - every time that line is spouted it results in more votes for UKIP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:55 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

not down there,there isnt, you need to get your head OUT of the sand for answers ben

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:13 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

not down there,there isnt, you need to get your head OUT of the sand for answers ben

Do you think your wordsmithing has won you a point or something? What a child.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:25 pm

What group of individuals ignore science and common sense? You will find a hell of a lot more intelligence and enlightenment from progressive minds than conservative minds. That ostrich picture applies more to conservatives than the open minds of liberals.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:34 pm

Mythopedia: The Website To Debunk Right-Wing Lies Politics_zps4957caa2
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next