NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

as a country we are so broke

4 posters

Go down

as a country we are so broke Empty as a country we are so broke

Post by Guest Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:26 pm

that we cant fund our A&E properly
our schools are in chronic decay
and we have to slash even more from the sick and disabled......

and yet

we can afford this

http://news.sky.com/story/1415972/50m-put-towards-new-holocaust-memorial

Something which returns NO net benefit, that puts NOTHING back into the national coffers and provides NOTHING for any one of us....

Back to top Go down

as a country we are so broke Empty Re: as a country we are so broke

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:28 pm

So can anyone tell me the Price of a Freddo ?

as a country we are so broke Enhanced-31001-1422365621-18
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:20 am

and the relevance is?????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:21 am

this is the trouble with the lefty....

make up a nonsense answer to a question you havnt asked.....and claim thats the fiscal truth...no wonder lefty govts wreck the countries they operate in....

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:37 pm

darknessss wrote:that we cant fund our A&E properly
our schools are in chronic decay
and we have to slash even more from the sick and disabled......

and yet

we can afford this

http://news.sky.com/story/1415972/50m-put-towards-new-holocaust-memorial

Something which returns NO net benefit, that puts NOTHING back into the national coffers and provides NOTHING for any one of us....

"ONE day Henny-penny was picking up corn in the cornyard when--whack!--something hit her upon the head. 'Goodness gracious me!' said Henny-penny; 'the sky's a-going to fall; I must go and tell the king.'"

That's enough false equivalency in the employment of anti-Semitism, Vic.   WTF said memorials are supposed to turn a profit?

If anyone made the same argument about a memorial over British soldiers who died in Iraq, you would be shitting bricks.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:43 pm

more lefty clap trap....

firstly...IF there was to be a memorial for british soldiers killed in Iraq more than likely it would require being funded by public donation

secondly...THAT would be a memorial to OUR own, and recent, war dead
NOT some non nationals who died (admittedly under horrendous and unjust circumstances) 70 years ago

NOW we should note carefully.....these unfortunates WERE NOT MURDERED by OUR regime, nor did we have anything to do with it (as far as I know)

so stop chucking that "anti semetic" guilt crap around....

IT (this "anti semetism2 crap)is ONE (large) reason anti semetism, so especially illogical today, is on the rise again....

ever get the feeling that folks are fed up of every criticism of what Israel is doing is met with sobs of "anti semetism"

also of course one should look at the up and comming perpetrators of anti semetism.....

yes, thats right ...you didnt see that did you cos you dont want to...Its our "best buddy" the islamist....

hardly "one of ours"

so pray tell me .....

why should I pay anything towards this memorial....as opposed to it being spent where its actually NEEDED?

oh and PLEASE...explain to the class why being opposed to spending this amount on THIS particular memorial is "anti semetism" ...you see EVEN you are so brainwashed with it you use that excuse to stop any opposition to anything......which kinda makes my second point for me.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:00 pm

Guess austerity worked out really well, huh? Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:31 pm

for some.... primarily those who are not "natives"

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:05 pm

darknessss wrote:this is the trouble with the lefty....

make up a nonsense answer to a question you havnt asked.....and claim thats the fiscal truth...no wonder lefty govts wreck the countries they operate in....

what Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect I actually Agree with your OP

Freddos are a valid economic indicator and they show how the cost of living for the average person has sky-rocketed while your wages haven't. Where has the economic growth gone into a few rich guys pockets Neutral Neutral Neutral

We often use Mars bars here pirat pirat and Nope RW definite economy wreckers based on in the past 2 decades of evidence from in the UK, USA and Australia

okay Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes both LW and RW fuck the economy in the UK Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:17 pm

Also 70 years on bit late for a memorial Rolling Eyes
it was not a defining event for Britain any more than the other parts of WW2.

Anti Semitism is on the rise across the board
you have Islam, neo-nazi/KKK style groups and Secularists sick of special treatment being giving to religious institutions and one of the largest lobby groups in the world is the Jewish lobby.
I believe your partly getting the memorial so people keep thinking the historical event is still current and the sympathy for Israel stays when it clearly needs to be confronted about its actions over the past few decades. If we are having a go at Islamic nations it is hypocritical to not include Israel.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down