NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NHS in crisis: A&E visits up by 830% and Conservative care cuts blamed

4 posters

Go down

NHS in crisis: A&E visits up by 830% and Conservative care cuts blamed Empty NHS in crisis: A&E visits up by 830% and Conservative care cuts blamed

Post by Irn Bru Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:47 am

Almost 600,000 more patients a year now visit A&E compared to when David Cameron came to power.

Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt has repeatedly blamed the crisis in emergency departments on an ageing population.

But Shadow Health Secretary Andy Burnham will tell MPs decisions by the PM are the cause.

Labour will tell MPs that decisions by PM David Cameron are to blame for the crisis in hospital emergency departments

Almost 600,000 more patients a year now visit A&E compared to when David Cameron came to power.

Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt has repeatedly blamed the crisis in emergency departments on an ageing population.

But Shadow Health Secretary Andy Burnham will tell MPs decisions by the PM are the cause.

Labour insists official figures from the Commons show axing one in four walk-in centres, failure to invest in GP services and savage social care cuts since 2010 have helped fuel the mayhem.

Mr Burnham will say: “The time has come for ministers to take responsibility. It is their failure to face up to those real causes that prevents them finding a proper solution.”

Labour will cite separate figures which show an extra 290,000 are turning to A&E because they can’t get a GP appointment.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nhs-crisis-ae-visits-up-5012833

Take care. Don't get hurt or injured. You could have a very long wait.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

NHS in crisis: A&E visits up by 830% and Conservative care cuts blamed Empty Re: NHS in crisis: A&E visits up by 830% and Conservative care cuts blamed

Post by nicko Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:12 am

IRN do you not think that the overcrowding of A@E could be the fault of Labours decision to give Doctors more money to work less hours?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

NHS in crisis: A&E visits up by 830% and Conservative care cuts blamed Empty Re: NHS in crisis: A&E visits up by 830% and Conservative care cuts blamed

Post by Irn Bru Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:06 am

nicko wrote:IRN do you not think that the overcrowding of A@E could be the fault of Labours decision to give Doctors more money to work less hours?

There was never a crisis in A&E on this scale under Labour who introduced walk-in centres as well as opening new A&E units so why is that? This lot closed them.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:47 pm

See my last post mate. Smile
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:14 pm

nicko wrote:See my last post mate. Smile
I dealt with that nicko.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:30 pm

the reality is that 90% of casualty visits are utterly unnecessary

most are soley due to the fact that the generation of folke from 18-30 are utterly useless...

they take a bit of a nick to casualty...instead of giving it a good wash in peroxide and sticking a plaster on it...

they go crying to casualty cos the burned their finger end on a fag

then on top of that you have the vastly increased numbers due to drink and drugs....WHY we bother with them I dont know.....

AND its the same with food....

mrs went to the market t'other day ...paid 1.50 for a BRACE (thats two) pheasants

cos they were in feather and un gutted

the sellers cant get more for them ...because the "up and comming" generation are too bloody pathetic and idle to prepare their own food...

Its about time we had a meteor strike...... Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:12 am

darknessss wrote:the reality is that 90% of casualty visits are utterly unnecessary

most are soley due to the fact that the generation of folke from 18-30 are utterly useless...

they take a bit of a nick to casualty...instead of giving it a good wash in peroxide and sticking a plaster on it...

then on top of that you have the vastly increased numbers due to drink and drugs....WHY we bother with them I dont know.....

mrs went to the market t'other day ...paid 1.50 for a BRACE (thats two) pheasants

the sellers cant get more for them ...because the "up and comming" generation are too bloody pathetic and idle to prepare their own food...

Yeah...and in my day, the soldiers used to walk home from the battlefield, and tend their own wounds with mud and a fence stake.

Whassmatter with kids today?! Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:02 pm

Original Quill wrote:
darknessss wrote:the reality is that 90% of casualty visits are utterly unnecessary

Yeah...and in my day, the soldiers used to walk home from the battlefield, and tend their own wounds with mud and a fence stake.

Whassmatter with kids today?!   Rolling Eyes

are you being deliberately stupid in order to make some sort of point?????

oh yes its the govts fault (regardless of "political" shade) regardless of the fact that a HUGHE proportion of A&E visitors are there for trivia that they should be able to cope with at home... minor injuries that do NOT need A&E treatment and which at worst could wait till the next day if necessary and a trip to your pharmacist (who are NOW able to deal with minor things.)

and another huge slice are the drink and druggies... Rolling Eyes

christ on a bike I took a chunk out of my finger with a circular saw...It wasnt bone deep , but a good bite....
I dealt with it at home...I'm NOT waiting six hours in a queue of chavs, drunks and assorted dross to get that seen to....

but i forget...the liberalist "race to the bottom and race to total state dependancy" Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:15 pm

darknessss wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Whassmatter with kids today?!   Rolling Eyes

oh yes its the govts fault (regardless of "political" shade) regardless of the fact that a HUGHE proportion of A&E visitors are there for trivia that they should be able to cope with at home...  minor injuries that do NOT need A&E  treatment and which at worst could wait till the next day if necessary and a trip to your pharmacist (who are NOW able to deal with minor things.)

christ on a bike I took a chunk out of my finger with a circular saw...It wasnt bone deep , but a good bite....
I dealt with it at home...I'm NOT waiting six hours in a queue of chavs, drunks and assorted dross to get that seen to....

but i forget...the liberalist "race to the bottom and race to total state dependancy"  Rolling Eyes

No, I'm being sarcastic and ridiculing you. In the end, that's just what you sound like.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:15 pm

Original Quill wrote:
darknessss wrote:

oh yes its the govts fault (regardless of "political" shade) regardless of the fact that a HUGHE proportion of A&E visitors are there for trivia that they should be able to cope with at home...  minor injuries that do NOT need A&E  treatment and which at worst could wait till the next day if necessary and a trip to your pharmacist (who are NOW able to deal with minor things.)

but i forget...the liberalist "race to the bottom and race to total state dependancy"  Rolling Eyes

No, I'm being sarcastic and ridiculing you.  In the end, that's just what you sound like.

the liberalist "race to the bottom and race to total state dependancy"

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:23 pm

darknessss wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

No, I'm being sarcastic and ridiculing you.  In the end, that's just what you sound like.

the liberalist "race to the bottom and race to total state dependancy"

Forgot how to frame a reasonable response? Practice, practice, practice...use it or lose it.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:27 pm

I might say the same to you , since you are clearly employing dumb ass tactics....

what prat of the great bulk of A&E's time is spent on trivia that could easily be dealt with by the person "injured"

I'm NOT talking broken bones...
I'm not talking great chunks of missing flesh
or cardiac/breathing problems

but simple non serious cuts nicks bumps and minor burns...that do NOT need the attention of either a nurse OR a doctor....

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:38 pm

darknessss wrote:I might say the same to you , since you are clearly employing dumb ass tactics....

what prat of the great bulk of A&E's time is spent on trivia that could easily be dealt with by the person "injured"

but simple non serious cuts nicks bumps and minor burns...that do NOT need the attention of either a nurse OR a doctor....

The problem with emergency services is that you don't know if it is an emergency until you triage it. Nobody knows what you have, including the physicians, until you look. Your attempts to look for short-cuts is in fact disparaging that important part of medicine.

If we took the same casual approach with your open heart surgery we would hear the screams.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:49 pm

Original Quill wrote:
darknessss wrote:I might say the same to you , since you are clearly employing dumb ass tactics....

The problem with emergency services is that you don't know if it is an emergency until you triage it.  Nobody knows what you have, including the physicians, until you look.  Your attempts to look for short-cuts is in fact disparaging that important part of medicine.

sorry Quill thats liberalist bull shit....I'm talking REAL trivia here...

cuts that only just manage to bleed...you know ...ouch i just nicked my finger end with that pen knife  
you...me and a lot of others go to the home 1st aid kit and stick a plaster on it and carry on

However there is an increasing level of incompetants that are incapable of making that simple decison and doing that...thus binding up A&E
and it IS a big problem...

I mean...seriously..if I went to A&E with every cut bump and so I  get ..on a daily basis ....as a carpenter...
I'd never be out of the place

tools can, and wil,l nick you...even at times cut you...wood gives you splinters...sometimes BIG pices of wood whack you
Its not unknown to half brain oneself standing up before removing head from under bench  DOH!!!...DAMHIKT.......

let alone thorns bramble and so on when out walking/shooting....

lets face it you DONT need to be a medical expert to know if a thorn or splinter needs medical as opposed to "Self" treatment...

If we took the same casual approach with your open heart surgery we would hear the screams.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:51 pm

And besides Vic, it's an art and not a science anyway, eh?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:59 pm

that is true...

do you have medical centres? Public doctors clinics that are setup to treat minor aliments (up to minor fractures) or determine if 'this does need hospital'?

they sort of work although we still have twats that go to emergency for a sprained ankle Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down