NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lassana Bathily, Saved Lives During Paris Grocery Store Attack Gains Citizenship

2 posters

Go down

Lassana Bathily, Saved Lives During Paris Grocery Store Attack Gains Citizenship Empty Lassana Bathily, Saved Lives During Paris Grocery Store Attack Gains Citizenship

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:06 am

http://www.buzzfeed.com/claudiakoerner/man-who-saved-lives-during-paris-grocery-attack-gains-citize#.gblvN5K4mZ

An employee of a Paris kosher grocery store who officials said saved lives during this month’s terrorist attack was granted French citizenship on Tuesday.

Bathily has lived in France since 2006 and filed his application for citizenship last year, the Associated Press reported.

French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve (pictured above center) shook Bathily’s hand and praised his courage and heroism as Prime Minister Manuel Valls applauded.

After gaining his citizenship, Bathily said with tears in his eyes that he was proud, but he does not consider himself a hero.

“People are all equal to me and skin color isn’t a matter,” he said. “France is the country of human rights.”

Lassana Bathily, Saved Lives During Paris Grocery Store Attack Gains Citizenship Enhanced-28618-1421788389-14
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Lassana Bathily, Saved Lives During Paris Grocery Store Attack Gains Citizenship Empty Re: Lassana Bathily, Saved Lives During Paris Grocery Store Attack Gains Citizenship

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:37 am

Wait, I thought black immigrants can't be good people. You can't fool me, I read NewsFix!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down