NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daily Mail Commenters Are Really Angry About Idris Elba Playing James Bond

+5
Lone Wolf
Cass
Ben Reilly
eddie
Andy
9 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Daily Mail Commenters Are Really Angry About Idris Elba Playing James Bond - Page 4 Empty Daily Mail Commenters Are Really Angry About Idris Elba Playing James Bond

Post by Guest Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

When leaked emails from Sony appeared to show Idris Elba in the running to replace Daniel Craig as James Bond, MailOnline's commenters had a field day.
Despite 007 being played by at least eight people in the past, some of the Mail's readers threw their toys out of the pram when they heard Ian Fleming's classic spy character could be played by a black man.
The comments range from implying that black and white people are different species to equating fictional character James Bond to Nelson Mandela.
We really, really hope these are just trolls and not real people.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/12/23/idris-elba-james-bond_n_6371644.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

And yet near every film about Jesus has been played by Americans and Europeans and not a Jew, Moses played by English and Americans, an Australian has played Noah or how about John Wayne playing Genghis Khan, all okay of course but a fictional character based on a British secret agent being played by someone who is British and they thrown their dummies out.
You cannot make it up how funny and sad some people are.

Back to top Go down

Daily Mail Commenters Are Really Angry About Idris Elba Playing James Bond - Page 4 Empty Re: Daily Mail Commenters Are Really Angry About Idris Elba Playing James Bond

Post by Cass Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:21 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Cass wrote:

hmmm I thought I had quoted on this last night saying how much of a genius you are.....

Ben.is.genius.

Cool Cool Cool Ah, Cass ... I like you too I love you

I luvs you too.....even without brisket.

bloody hells bells....we're supposed to go out to lovely restaurant tonight but we're now undercwinter storm warning - could get 4-7 inches of snow!!!!!

phooey
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Daily Mail Commenters Are Really Angry About Idris Elba Playing James Bond - Page 4 Empty Re: Daily Mail Commenters Are Really Angry About Idris Elba Playing James Bond

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:09 am

Cass wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Cass wrote:

hmmm I thought I had quoted on this last night saying how much of a genius you are.....

Ben.is.genius.

bloody hells bells....we're supposed to go out to lovely restaurant tonight but we're now undercwinter storm warning - could get 4-7 inches of snow!!!!!

phooey

Yikes, over here it's supposedly going to be ice. I live in fear of our ice storms ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:12 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Cass wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Cass wrote:

Ben.is.genius.

phooey

Yikes, over here it's supposedly going to be ice. I live in fear of our ice storms ...

Ice storms in Texas Question Question Question Question Question Question

I'm sitting here in board shorts having just gone from a swim and thinking about having an Ice cream the thermometer in the kitchen says 33C sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny probably 7 or 8 degrees hotter in the sun sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:25 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Cass wrote:

phooey

we got there. Fantastic meal and wine and port....and creme brulee.....now home (in sleet) in front of fire with champers......merry new year loveyand stay safe xxx

^veya.....yeah yeah yeah....pfft x
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:45 am

ICE STORMS IN TEXAS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4mkK6HF3vI

I shit y'all NOT, these are a big deal here. It's not this nice gentle snow or anything, it's punishing ice falling from the sky, mocking we rednecks who know nothing of snow chains ...

Nothing like driving to/from work and seeing dozens of vehicles that slipped off the road, and thinking ... what makes me any different from them? Who is to say that the indifferent chaos of the universe won't put me right-fucking-there with them?

Still remember the time I helped some poor dumb Mexican kid who was gunning the engine of his truck, trying to get traction -- I was thinking, if he does get traction he's going to crash into something. I gave him a hand gesture meant to imitate an accelerator being very slowly pushed down, and miracle of miracles, the kid understood it; I saw him safely make his way up the street Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:46 am

Glad you got to have your fun, Cass -- fear of ice pretty much grounded anybody with sense where I'm from ... drunk drivers are one thing, but drunk drivers on ice?

Sounds like a pretty funny Disney production, actually ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:04 pm

Ice is the worst.  When I was in grad school at Rutgers, we obviously lived in New Jersey.  Horrible stuff.

I always let my wife drive.  She was great.  Raised in Wisconsin and knew her way around in freezing conditions.  She could put a car through a 360° spin while chatting with a gf about cooking or sewing...and never pause. 'An I'm like Shocked

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:09 am

Original Quill wrote:Ice is the worst.  When I was in grad school at Rutgers, we obviously lived in New Jersey.  Horrible stuff.

I always let my wife drive.  She was great.  Raised in Wisconsin and knew her way around in freezing conditions.  She could put a car through a 360° spin while chatting with a gf about cooking or sewing...and never pause.  'An I'm like Shocked

I have never, knock on wood, gotten into a wreck on ice. I remember last winter, I was tooling through downtown FW over some lovely cobblestone ice:

Daily Mail Commenters Are Really Angry About Idris Elba Playing James Bond - Page 4 Cobblestone-ice_wide-9b138d1205ad49fb4ab9b0e5bfe6ba519611bf8e-s6-c30

... when a cat decided it would be a good time to cross the damn road. I didn't hit the cat or go into a spin, but a block from me I could see police flashers at an accident. I think the only reason I haven't had a problem with the ice yet is that mom's from Maryland, and I have a healthy respect for what the ice can do.

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by eddie Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:21 pm

So.
Is Idris Elba a hottie or what? Razz
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:24 pm

I don't really fancy him edds.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:30 pm

nicko wrote:I don't really fancy him edds.

Ah Nicko that's okay, I can fancy him enough for both of us cheers
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:36 am

Daily Mail Commenters Are Really Angry About Idris Elba Playing James Bond - Page 4 Enhanced-621-1420576374-9
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:58 am

eddie wrote:So
Is Idris Elba a hottie or what? Razz

yes! I have introduced lots of my customers to Luther! the female consensus is hubba hubba
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:18 am

Lone Wolf wrote:
Lone Wolf wrote:Cool

Jaimié Bondetta..

More "kick butt" than Nikita;
More resourceful than Lara Cross;
More "intelligent" than Ellen Ripley...

British Intelligence will never be the same again.

Daily Mail Commenters Are Really Angry About Idris Elba Playing James Bond - Page 4 1366281442

Jametta Bondoza..

Jamey Bondova.

Daily Mail Commenters Are Really Angry About Idris Elba Playing James Bond - Page 4 2300614393

Or, you know, "James Bond"

Daily Mail Commenters Are Really Angry About Idris Elba Playing James Bond - Page 4 Johnnytri1

Vietnamese dude using a Western name, as most Vietnamese do in the U.S. (but not without exception, like with my high school friends David and James Dinh, and their sister, Dung)
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4