NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site suggestions...

5 posters

Go down

Site suggestions... Empty Site suggestions...

Post by Independent Thoughts Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:25 am

On the Home page, the contents of this site are categorized as News, Politics, Science, etc...

I suggest a new category named, "Can of Worms".

This category would contain discussions of hot and controversial topics like Ferguson, Police Brutality, and other contentious social/world/political issues.

The person that starts the controversial thread... well, he opened a Can of Worms.

I'd love to be the first to start that topic category off. The first thread that I would start it with? Why, the most controversial topic of this decade, of course! Android vs iPhone! (What a can of worms that would be...)

Independent Thoughts
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Site suggestions... Empty Re: Site suggestions...

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:48 am

IndependentThoughts wrote:On the Home page, the contents of this site are categorized as News, Politics, Science, etc...

This category would contain discussions of hot and controversial topics like Ferguson, Police Brutality, and other contentious social/world/political issues.

The person that starts the controversial thread... well, he opened a Can of Worms.  

I'd love to be the first to start that topic category off.  The first thread that I would start it with?  Why, the most controversial topic of this decade, of course!  Android vs iPhone! (What a can of worms that would be...)

Haha, I'll dive right in. Though I thought the iPhone was fantastic when I jumped into the smartphone world and got my first 3GS, I'm a die-hard Android guy now thanks to my Galaxy S3.

And in terms of doing exciting things, I don't see anybody at Apple doing anything that approaches this:

http://www.projectara.com/

... bringing smartphones into the era of PCs (not Macs) with the ability to make your phone pretty much just how you want it, instead of a choice of least-worst.

I hope this extends to all consumer products eventually -- maybe people will wake up and realize, we really should be able to make most of the repairs and upgrades to our own cars.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:54 am

Good idea Indie sunny
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:42 pm

Gd idea, but perhaps for lighter and humorous topics.  I like hot political and social topics being grouped together with other political and social topics; keeps my mind in the same place while I go thru all of them.  And who's to say what would distinguish a "hot" topic for a new category.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:42 am

eddie wrote:Good idea Indie sunny

It would definitely become the first place most people looked Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:51 pm

Yes, no doubt it would reorganize the whole place. Perhaps reidentify it. But whose to say?

Categories are supposed to be purely functional. They are not intended to contain content or message. If you see a functional advantage, go ahead and try it.

But there is always a comfort level associated with the way the furniture is arranged once you get used to it.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:37 pm

IndependentThoughts wrote:On the Home page, the contents of this site are categorized as News, Politics, Science, etc...

I'd love to be the first to start that topic category off.  The first thread that I would start it with?  Why, the most controversial topic of this decade, of course!  Android vs iPhone! (What a can of worms that would be...)

I'm in, I've a smiley for that!  Site suggestions... 526

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:08 am

feelthelove wrote:

I'm in, I've a smiley for that!  Site suggestions... 526

I can't see it.....NOT FAIR....then again I can't use them anyway on this useless piece of techno rubbish Sad
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down