NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions of how Trump should fix America's internal and external problems

+7
The Devil, You Know
'Wolfie
Ben Reilly
eddie
Spindleshanks
Syl
JulesV
11 posters

Go down

Suggestions of how Trump should fix America's internal and external problems Empty Suggestions of how Trump should fix America's internal and external problems

Post by JulesV Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:32 pm

He said he would, so do you have some suggestions of how he should do it?

When is he going to wave his magic wand and fix all America's economic, social and medical problems?
And all the issues of internal and external security threats.

He promised the earth, and he was not shy of using unsavoury methods to get himself elected, often appealing to the lowest common denominataor.

But genuine American patriots should put their animosity for Trump aside and think only of what is good for the country now.

Let your love for your country over ride your dislike of Trump.

Even if you thought Trump is one big joke (and many americans do) you are now stuck with him so you might as well make the best of things and maybe get behind him now, and try and pull together as a nation.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Suggestions of how Trump should fix America's internal and external problems Empty Re: Suggestions of how Trump should fix America's internal and external problems

Post by JulesV Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:35 pm

I thought we needed a few constructive threads regarding this election. And this is meant to be one.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Suggestions of how Trump should fix America's internal and external problems Empty Re: Suggestions of how Trump should fix America's internal and external problems

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:36 pm

Jules wrote:He said he would, so do you have some suggestions of how he should do it?

When is he going to wave his magic wand and fix all America's economic, social and medical problems?

He promised the earth, and he was not shy of using unsavoury methods to get himself elected, often appealing to the lowest common denominataor.

But genuine American patriots should put their animosity for Trump aside and think only of what is good for the country now.

Even if you thought Trump is one big joke (and many americans do) you are now stuck with him so you might as well make the best of things and maybe get behind him now, and try and pull together as a nation.

Trump is self serving, nothing more - good people everywhere should oppose Trump and his ilk, elected or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:38 pm

Jules wrote:I thought we needed a few constructive threads regarding this election. And this is meant to be one.

One constructive thing that may emerge from this is that people of goodwill wake from their stupor and organise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:41 pm

But he is in and that's what people now have to deal with, so surely to try to work with what they have rather than pull against it (as we have seen some here do over the brexit vote) is the best way to make the better job of it.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:47 pm

Syl wrote:But he is in and that's what people now have to deal with, so surely to try to work with what they  have rather than pull against it (as we have seen some here do over the brexit vote) is the best way to make the better job of it.

People fight for what they believe is right  - millions of people don't believe Trump or Brexit is right.

Last edited by Ziz on Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:48 pm

Ziz wrote:
Syl wrote:But he is in and that's what people now have to deal with, so surely to try to work with what they  have rather than pull against it (as we have seen some here do over the brexit vote) is the best way to make the better job of it.

People should fight for what they believe is right  - millions of people don't believe Trump or Brexit is right.

Democracy Ziz....the people have voted.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:51 pm

Syl wrote:
Ziz wrote:

People should fight for what they believe is right  - millions of people don't believe Trump or Brexit is right.

Nothing is static, everything is always in a state of flux, as you will see with Brexit - it is the way things are - an eternal battle between dark and light.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:55 pm

Ziz wrote:
Syl wrote:

Nothing is static, everything is always in a state of flux, as you will see with Brexit - it is the way things are - an eternal battle between dark and light.

Have you bee watching that Star wars trilogy again?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:57 pm

Jules wrote:He said he would, so do you have some suggestions of how he should do it?

By turning down the presidency might be a start.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:57 pm

Great thread Jules and I am all for positivity. I've been looking for stuff myself.

I'm not a "facts and figures" girl, I prefer to speak from what I know of humans. and people's emotions. Trump seems to be an excitable person and someone who gets carried away on the current, he doesn't always think before he speaks, (I quite like that in a person and have no idea why it can be considered a flaw), and he is full of ideas that he doesn't quite know how to put into practice. He's going to bring one thing to the table that I think, may be his biggest positive: he is somewhat adjustable in his thinking and this will come into it's own when he's striking deals and going in for peace talks. It will mean that he will listen to reason and be prepared to realign his views if necessary. This may seem a small thing but it will be a great strength imo. Also, whether he is to one's taste or not, he seems to be charming and persuasive enough in a different way to his predecessors.

Of course I could be wrong but I am looking for the silver in the shit.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:04 pm

If Trump is flexible in any way, he loses the support of his base. His base is a real problem for him now. They have felt betrayed by establishment Republicans for not waving a wand and making the country into their vision for it.

They nominated him and elected him to come in and take a sledgehammer to the political establishment and the way the United States is run. The only thing is, the U.S. government is built to be quite sledgehammer-resistant. He doesn't have as much power as many people believe:

* His supporters want him to name the next Supreme Court Justice. But there are 47 Democrats in the Senate, more than enough to block any nominee. I see no reason they should ever allow Trump to add a Justice to the Supreme Court.

* His supporters want him to tear down Obamacare. He might wound it, but again, 47 Democratic Senators can and should make it very hard to do that.

His supporters want a laundry list of other things, like deporting all illegal immigrants and building a southern border wall, that are extremely unrealistic, and many of them think even crazier things are going to happen, like banning Muslims or outlawing abortion -- both of which would be unconstitutional.

So Trump finds himself in a position in which to get anything done, he has to work with Democrats -- which will be a slap in the face to his supporters. Much of his agenda is unworkable or downright illegal. He has literally no path to take that won't betray his base.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:07 pm

I think you might be surprised at how quickly he will change his coat according to the blow of the wind.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:08 pm

eddie wrote:I think you might be surprised at how quickly he will change his coat according to the blow of the wind.

I think you might be surprised at how unsurprised I would be to see that happen Smile

My point is, if he changes from what America thinks he is now, he betrays everyone who voted for him, and they're not the forgiving type.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:09 pm

eddie wrote:I think you might be surprised at how quickly he will change his coat according to the blow of the wind.

Now that would be really unusual for a politician to do that. Smile
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:12 pm

It's a cliché I'm afraid, but only time will tell.
He does have some strengths and those are what you can focus on.

If I'm still here in four years you can tell me I'm right. I can wait.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:22 pm

Surprised

Let's just look at some of Trump's election promises :

Build a wall along the Mexican border;
Undo healthcare arrangements -- fully privatising US health care;
Remove international trade agreements --  starting with Canada;
Make NATO allies pay more;
Allow and encourage Japan and S. Korea to go nuclear;
Remove environmental protections;
Undo agreements with Iran;
Remove labour/industrial protection and safety laws;
Ban Muslim immigration;
Ban Mexican cheap labour;
Reduce overall immigration levels;
Increase American protectionism -- tariffs, import quotas...

So, then --  exactly how would making the USA more isolationist, more protectionist, more divisive, less egalitarian, less liberal, less fair --   help to "Make America 'great' again"  ???

ONE CAN ONLY HOPE that 'cooler heads will prevail' among the Repub' advisors, once the new executive takes over in January..         What a Face
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:29 pm

I keep thinking it could be: "Make America HATE Again" Sad

I remain positive. You'll see. I'm always right.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:21 pm

Bae wrote:If Trump is flexible in any way, he loses the support of his base. His base is a real problem for him now. They have felt betrayed by establishment Republicans for not waving a wand and making the country into their vision for it.

They nominated him and elected him to come in and take a sledgehammer to the political establishment and the way the United States is run. The only thing is, the U.S. government is built to be quite sledgehammer-resistant. He doesn't have as much power as many people believe:

* His supporters want him to name the next Supreme Court Justice. But there are 47 Democrats in the Senate, more than enough to block any nominee. I see no reason they should ever allow Trump to add a Justice to the Supreme Court.

* His supporters want him to tear down Obamacare. He might wound it, but again, 47 Democratic Senators can and should make it very hard to do that.

His supporters want a laundry list of other things, like deporting all illegal immigrants and building a southern border wall, that are extremely unrealistic, and many of them think even crazier things are going to happen, like banning Muslims or outlawing abortion -- both of which would be unconstitutional.

So Trump finds himself in a position in which to get anything done, he has to work with Democrats -- which will be a slap in the face to his supporters. Much of his agenda is unworkable or downright illegal. He has literally no path to take that won't betray his base.
would those 47 senators require the help of republicans to do that?
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:23 pm

the first thing he should do is charter some planes to accommodate all the luvvies who have threatened to leave as if anyone cared what they did. somehow I have a feeling that most will be more like @rustyrockets or paul o'grady than some brave martyr for the cause.
remind them to check in their citizenships on the way out for good measure.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:25 pm

The Devil, You Know wrote:
Bae wrote:If Trump is flexible in any way, he loses the support of his base. His base is a real problem for him now. They have felt betrayed by establishment Republicans for not waving a wand and making the country into their vision for it.

No, the only way to prevent a filibuster is to hold 60 seats or more. The Democrats have 47 by name and two independent Senators who caucus with them, so they're de facto nearly half the Senate. The Republicans would have to convince at nine Senators to overcome a filibuster.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:35 pm

if he removes foreign government funding of election candidates only then he will have made a start.

removing illegal immigrants would be another start. It is just insulting to those that decide to immigrate to the US legally and go through the various hoops required if you allow people to cheat their way in and then be rewarded with citizenship.

I am surprised that "socialists" here are somehow in favour of cheap labour being exploited, but then its a funny old world.

it must be awful to consider putting your own people first.

withdrawing from nato is foolish, but asking those whom nato protects to contribute their fair share is not. the bulk of the donkey work is done by america and then britain. It has kept europe safe for 60+ years. the EU should not be demanding setting up a parallel inferior force but should put those resources into an organisation that has already protected them for years.

getting rid of the special interest groups and lobbyists that infest Washington and many other governments as well would be a start.
being able to buy your senator or congressman to get what you want must stop.

whether he will be able to do any of that, or if ultimately the swamp is too deep to be drained, only time will tell.

The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:23 am

The wind blows for Trump and opens his coat.

Suggestions of how Trump should fix America's internal and external problems 2FD8615500000578-3387602-image-a-69_1452114137325

I hear he's setting aside the third Thursday of each month as 'pussy-grabbing' day.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:46 am

..getting rid of the special interest groups and lobbyists that infest Washington and many other governments as well would be a start.

Smile

Something else that we agree on...

I have long considered political/special interests lobbyists to be "a pox on both our houses"..
Where those with more money and more clout, can exert far too much undue influence.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:07 pm

Spindleshanks wrote:

By turning down the presidency might be a start.

Hahaha. Laughing  Crucially  his hand-picked advisers should be a politically balanced group. The possibility  that one dimensional RWers like Pence, Kellyanne Conway, Stephen Bannon, Rudy Gulliano, Sarah Palin  and co,  could be the key members of his inner circle ... oh the horror.  What a Face

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:36 pm

I think Trump will be assassinated.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:40 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:I think Trump will be assassinated.  

I do too - but I'm usually wrong when divining.

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:48 pm

Assassinating a democratically elected figure would be a travesty. No one deserves that, not even Trump. I don't think it would happen.  The security sevices are on the ball.

The KKK and other extreme groups must have tried to murder Obama, but they failed, cos the security men were brilliant.

That said, I hope that Trump apologises for all the aggressive and  violent imagery his speeches were peppered with. It was his way of appealling to the base instincts of the lowest common denominator. It was a disgrace and he will be hoping all his own aggressive innuendos don't come back and bite him on the bum.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:54 pm

I don't think you're the only one who thinks this.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:00 pm

Ziz wrote:

I do too - but I'm usually wrong when divining.

Lol Ziz.  Laughing There is a lot of anger out there among the young and in the big populous cities. Trump got into power in a rather freakish way that beat even the ''hanging chards'' saga of yesteryear. It was all about pouring funds into swing states, in the same way that british political donors target marginal seats.

He will have a great honeymoon period then some harsh realities will hit home.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:17 pm

I'll go one further.
I HOPE he will be assassinated.
Too dangerous an individual to have his hand on the nuclear trigger of weapons that are based in England.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:19 pm

He might be havinga great Honeymoon Jules, but in whose bed is he unloading his loins?

Last edited by Handy Andy on Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:45 pm

No. With a filibuster, you need 60 senators to get anything done (60 votes needed to break a filibuster). What the Senate will have to do is eliminate the filibuster rule--the nuclear option.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Independent Thoughts Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:04 pm

I think he's already off to a great start with improving America's condition.
He's not even sworn in and has already performed a great service to America:  Preventing Hillary from becoming POTUS.
These past 8 years have been downright horrible.  Obama is the first president EVER to have never reached 3% GDP.  He's had 8 years (count 'em: 8!) to turn the economy around and put us on a more prosperous path.  He's failed.  This economic "recovery" is the longest in history from a recession, record numbers are on welfare, the poverty rate is at an all-time high, race relations are the worst I've seen in my lifetime, and the divide in America has grown deeper and wider under his administration.

Good riddance to failed liberal policies and the past 8 years of continuous failure.

Dems and Liberals can rejoice, however.  Trump is a New York Democrat in Republican's clothing.  He's not a conservative, and he's not looney liberal left.  He's somewhere in between and could perhaps be the most moderate president to ever serve a term.  Only time will tell....

I consider myself a social liberal and a fiscal conservative.  Live and let live.  Government should be there to aid and assist the people; not become an overbearing heavy-hand in our daily lives.

Republicans still collectively suck, but the Dems have severely lost their way.  Emails were published on WikiLeaks detailing how Hillary colluded with the Chairman of the DNC to railroad Sanders in the primary.  The primaries were rigged, yet the hardcore left ignored.  If Sanders had been given a fair chance in the primaries, I don't think Trump would have won this past election.

Further emails were published exposing the pay-for-play improprieties by Bill and Hillary.  The FBI is currently investigating The Clinton Foundation on these and other cases of potentially illegal conduct.  Yet, the far left ignored and plowed forward.

This is how Trump won.  America found it easier to stomach a loudmouth jerk that "tells it how it is", than someone who is a pathological liar and has been exposed to use underhanded tactics to further her political career.  Consequently, the Democratic party is in a shambles, right now.  They've lost the White House, and hold a minority in both the House and Senate.  They've been de-fanged and sidelined.  America is sick and tired of the leftists' failed way of doing things.

In the states around the nation, the Republicans also did extremely well.  In Kentucky, Republicans have won control over the Kentucky State House for the first time since the 1920's.  Almost 100 years of continuous Democatic rule, gone.  Just like that.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/2016-election-kentucky-house-gop_us_58223ddce4b0d9ce6fbf78e3

The best thing Trump could do to help America, now, is to hold good on his campaign promises.  After all, his vision for America (and America's disdain for Hillary) is what got him elected.

Last edited by Lord Independent Thoughts on Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Independent Thoughts
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:13 pm

That's a pretty good post with some pretty good points that I agree with.
Here they are:

Dems and Liberals can rejoice, however. Trump is a New York Democrat in Republican's clothing. He's not a conservative, and he's not looney liberal left. He's somewhere in between and could perhaps be the most moderate president to ever serve a term. Only time will tell..

This is how Trump won. America found it easier to stomach a loudmouth jerk that "tells it how it is", than someone who is a pathological liar and has been exposed to use underhanded tactics to further her political career.

If Sanders had been given a fair chance in the primaries, I don't think Trump would have won this past election.

I have to add, I thought some of Hilary's policies were pretty good.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:14 pm

Dean wrote:if he removes foreign government funding of election candidates only then he will have made a start.

Under the Conservative Court ruling of Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, foreign entities have only to contribute to a corporation, which is a person according to the Court.  You would have to eliminate all gifting.  Since the Supreme Court's ruling in Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission in 2010, upholding the rights of corporations to make political expenditures under the First Amendment, there have been several calls for a U.S. Constitutional amendment to abolish corporate personhood.  But the amendment process would take around 25 – 30 years.

Dean wrote:removing illegal immigrants would be another start. It is just insulting to those that decide to immigrate to the US legally and go through the various hoops required if you allow people to cheat their way in and then be rewarded with citizenship.

Those who are born here have an even higher status of citizenship than naturalized citizens.  Many of them are children.  If they exercise their rights to stay, that would mean the children of 11-million people will become wards of the state, at a tremendous expense to the entire nation. Then again, maybe if we cut the defense budget... Twisted Evil

Dean wrote:withdrawing from nato is foolish, but asking those whom nato protects to contribute their fair share is not. the bulk of the donkey work is done by america and then britain. It has kept europe safe for 60+ years. the EU should not be demanding setting up a parallel inferior force but should put those resources into an organisation that has already protected them for years.

I have no problem with this part of the Trump plan.  Since I am opposed to all these foreign military adventures anyway, let Europe, Japan and Asia pay for their own defenses.  We have eleven supercarrier task forces, and eleven small carrier task forces.  Stationed in strategic cities along our coasts, it should be more than sufficient should an enemy be seen crossing the Atlantic or Pacific.

Then, with the cost of our military cut in half, we can fund a full socialized program of medical care in this country.

Dean wrote:getting rid of the special interest groups and lobbyists that infest Washington and many other governments as well would be a start.

A lobbyist is defined as anyone who tries to confer and urge someone in government to do something…that includes preventing legislation as well as initiating it.  So, lobbying would include Ma and Pa from Allentown PA or East Prairie MO.  In a democracy, you want to cut off all communication of government with its own people?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down