NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elizabeth Warren T-Shirt

2 posters

Go down

Elizabeth Warren T-Shirt Empty Elizabeth Warren T-Shirt

Post by Lurker Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:05 pm

Elizabeth Warren T-Shirt 2014ShirtDesignLarge_zpsa701929c
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Elizabeth Warren T-Shirt Empty Re: Elizabeth Warren T-Shirt

Post by Lurker Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:08 pm

The game is rigged for those who have money and power. I see it every day when Washington works for those who can hire armies of lawyers and lobbyists, and we all saw it on our TVs this year with every nasty attack ad that the Koch brothers ran to drown democracy with their dollars.

But you and I know: We can’t give up because we lost one round. When people like us work together, we can stand up to even the most powerful interests. We’ve done it before, and we can do it again.

That’s why I was so pleased to see the votes on our t-shirt contest. The winner is an old saying that has been part of our campaign ever since I decided to run for the Senate.

Donate $25 or more to help us keep fighting back, and we’ll send you a 2014 “Elizabeth Warren: The best senator money can’t buy” t-shirt.

https://donate.elizabethwarren.com/page/contribute/2014tshirts?source=20141203emb

Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:29 am

Lurker wrote:The game is rigged for those who have money and power. I see it every day when Washington works for those who can hire armies of lawyers and lobbyists, and we all saw it on our TVs this year with every nasty attack ad that the Koch brothers ran to drown democracy with their dollars.

But you and I know: We can’t give up because we lost one round. When people like us work together, we can stand up to even the most powerful interests. We’ve done it before, and we can do it again.

That’s why I was so pleased to see the votes on our t-shirt contest. The winner is an old saying that has been part of our campaign ever since I decided to run for the Senate.

Donate $25 or more to help us keep fighting back, and we’ll send you a 2014 “Elizabeth Warren: The best senator money can’t buy” t-shirt.

https://donate.elizabethwarren.com/page/contribute/2014tshirts?source=20141203emb

That is fantastic, reminds me of something I saw the other day regarding the 2016 Senate race:

Congratulations, Republicans! You won the Senate majority! Now, can you hold on to it for more than two years?

Looking at the 2016 Senate map, there’s reason for doubt. Republicans will have to defend 24 seats, compared with 10 for Democrats. And the raw numbers don’t even tell the whole story. Seven seats held by Republicans — Florida, Illinois, Iowa, New Hampshire, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin — were carried by President Obama in 2008 and 2012. And there is chatter about potential Republican retirements in Arizona and Iowa. If either John McCain or Chuck Grassley decided to call it a career, each of those races would be major Democratic targets.

On the other side of the coin, Republican takeover opportunities are few and far between. By far, the most endangered Democrat is Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, who survived in 2010 but could face Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval (R), who won a second term Tuesday with more than 70 percent of the vote. Reid has said he will run again, although his demotion from majority leader to minority leader might make him rethink those plans. The only other Democrat who starts the 2016 cycle in serious jeopardy is freshman Michael Bennet (Colo.), who, like Reid, was a surprise winner in 2010.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/can-republicans-hold-on-to-senate-majority-in-2016-theres-reason-for-doubt/2014/11/09/e3c18a70-6825-11e4-b053-65cea7903f2e_story.html

Another factor is that it's a presidential election year, in which Democrats actually vote in numbers enough to matter ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down