NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) Embraces the Dark Side

4 posters

Go down

Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) Embraces the Dark Side Empty Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) Embraces the Dark Side

Post by Lurker Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:27 pm

I actually remember the way Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) used to be, back when he boasted about being a “square peg” – a label he used as a shorthand to say he doesn’t always fit in.
The Utah Republican used to actually see value in cooperating with people with whom he disagreed, working with Democrats, for example, on stem-cell research, the DREAM Act, and S-CHIP.
But then he threw it all away. As Amanda Terkel reported, Hatch’s remarks at the Federalist Society’s annual conference are a reminder of the kind of politician he’s become.
Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) came out swinging against Democrats Friday, telling a room of conservative lawyers that Republicans were ready to give the other party “a taste of their own medicine.”
“Frankly, I intend to win with our candidate for the presidency in 2016, and we will give them a taste of their own medicine,” said Hatch. “And we’re going to win. We’re going to win. These next two years are extremely important. Maybe the most important two years in our history.”
“I get a big kick out of them using the word ‘progressive,’” the senator said of Democrats. “My gosh, they’re just straight old dumbass liberals anyway.”

Classy.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/senator-complains-about-dumbass-liberals
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) Embraces the Dark Side Empty Re: Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) Embraces the Dark Side

Post by Cass Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:10 pm

Sad
I used to really respect him.......seems he's jumped off the fence into the quagmire
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) Embraces the Dark Side Empty Re: Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) Embraces the Dark Side

Post by Original Quill Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:32 pm

Orin Hatch is a Mormon Republican. Need I say more?

Mormons are not Christians, and they like to sexually abuse 10-year old girls. They hide inside the caves of the far-right.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:42 pm

Does he honestly think he has any chance of getting the nomination? He's like McCain in '08, except with no upside -- i.e., the left and center don't believe he's really a square peg, while too many in the right-wing base will think he's not far-right enough (because he's a mainstream Republican).
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:00 pm

You know...I don't think the Republicans have a chance at the presidency at all any more, unless the Democrats fook up like Clinton did.  Even back then, Al Gore actually won the election.

Republicans are sneaky devils.  I think they know they are the unpopular lot, so they resort to manipulating the system (tricks) to get elected.  They gerrymander the districts in the retail elections (mayor, state legis., governors and Congress), they pass voter restriction laws so ethnic groups cannot vote and in a close one like Florida in 2000, they use their connections from the local official (Florida secretary of state elections) to rig the whole thing.  Of course, it helps to have the Supreme Court on your side, which is precisely what GWB made sure of during his time.

Ya gotta watch Republicans.  They are sneaky bastards.  While Democrats are just honestly trying to govern, Republicans are trying to look for ways to cheat.  Only they don't call it cheating; they call it clever...akin to the way they make money.

They actually think it's all moral...as they define it.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:56 pm

Totally agreed, anything is righteous if it serves the cause ... Rolling Eyes

I think they're masters of social manipulation, the way bullies and "mean girls" are. They use the worst part of human nature to make people think they're on their side.

American right-wing populism is an interesting phenomenon that's coming to the fore once again in its usual nativist and racist form, but also as smooth misrepresentation of "tax reform"; clever, misleading public relations messaging about fair trade; and some fairly outlandish paranoia about conspiracies to erase the borders. Various permutations of these fairly common right-wing themes abound among conservative politicians and thinkers alike. But conservative populism is an oxymoron.

As Phil Agre wrote in this much discussed article about the definition of conservatism, "Conservatism is the domination of society by an aristocracy ... [it] is incompatible with democracy, prosperity and civilization in general. It is a destructive system of inequality and prejudice that is founded on deception and has no place in the modern world."

http://www.alternet.org/story/69927/how_conservatives_manipulate_people_into_voting_against_their_best_interests
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down