NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Mid-term Elections Decimate Democrats?

5 posters

Go down

Will Mid-term Elections Decimate Democrats? Empty Will Mid-term Elections Decimate Democrats?

Post by Independent Thoughts Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:24 pm

Suddenly, it feels like 2002. Democrats got creamed in midterm elections that year because the women voters they had relied on throughout the Clinton years deserted them. In 2000, women favored Democratic congressional candidates by nine points. In 2002, that advantage disappeared entirely. The biggest reason: 9/11. In polls that year, according to Gallup, women consistently expressed more fear of terrorism than men. And that fear pushed them toward the GOP, which they trusted far more to keep the nation safe. As then-Senator Joe Biden declared after his party’s midterm shellacking, “soccer moms are security moms now.”

Unfortunately for President Obama, the security moms are back. And as a result, the levee Democrats were counting on to protect against a GOP hurricane is starting to crumble.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/09/the-security-moms-are-back/380354/

Independent Thoughts
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Will Mid-term Elections Decimate Democrats? Empty Re: Will Mid-term Elections Decimate Democrats?

Post by Original Quill Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:54 pm

According to last night's news, the Democrats will not regain the House majority, and will probably not lose the Senate. So nothing will change in terms of the major institutions.

Actually, I would like to see Republicans take the Senate as they would then impeach the President. That would bury the Republicans once and for all. I'm all in favour of a political Coup de grâce for them.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Will Mid-term Elections Decimate Democrats? Empty Re: Will Mid-term Elections Decimate Democrats?

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:12 pm

Even if the Republicans do win the Senate majority, the reality is that they can't win a super-majority, and the political reality is that a Senate super-majority is the only way for a political party to enact anything these days.

Republicans getting 51-56 seats in the Senate means more business as usual.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Independent Thoughts Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:09 pm

AS THE one thing that we all are still waiting to see from him is even ONE single example of "independent" thinking..

All of my posts exemplify independent thought. You've conformed your views to follow and obey what the collective heads of your political party mandate. Don't get your thongs in a bunch because I share stories that you may disagree with. I think if you would civilly articulate your objections/opinions, you might (just might) bolster your own credibility and perhaps (just perhaps) gain a smidgeon of respect in the process.

You're a very negative and bitter person. Some counseling would do you well.

Best of wishes to you.

Independent Thoughts
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:16 pm

IndependentThoughts wrote:
AS THE one thing that we all are still waiting to see from him is even ONE single example of "independent" thinking..

All of my posts exemplify independent thought.  You've conformed your views to follow and obey what the collective heads of your political party mandate.  Don't get your thongs in a bunch because I share stories that you may disagree with.  I think if you would civilly articulate your objections/opinions, you might (just might) bolster your own credibility and perhaps (just perhaps) gain a smidgeon of respect in the process.

You're a very negative and bitter person.  Some counseling would do you well.  

Best of wishes to you.

LW is Australian, so he's not an Obama voter or anything ... and he thinks you just asked him not to get his flip-flops in a bunch Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:24 pm

It is sad how far the USA has slipped from it's ideals.....

unwarranted fear by cowards is enough to sacrifice everyone's freedoms.... the very opposite of the founders ideals.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:17 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
IndependentThoughts wrote:

All of my posts exemplify independent thought.  You've conformed your views to follow and obey what the collective heads of your political party mandate.  Don't get your thongs in a bunch because I share stories that you may disagree with.  I think if you would civilly articulate your objections/opinions, you might (just might) bolster your own credibility and perhaps (just perhaps) gain a smidgeon of respect in the process.

You're a very negative and bitter person.  Some counseling would do you well.  

Best of wishes to you.

LW is Australian, so he's not an Obama voter or anything ... and he thinks you just asked him not to get his flip-flops in a bunch Smile

lol! lol!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down