NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Moore Slams Obama, Calls Him a Disappointment

3 posters

Go down

Michael Moore Slams Obama, Calls Him a Disappointment Empty Michael Moore Slams Obama, Calls Him a Disappointment

Post by Independent Thoughts Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:59 pm

Michael Moore sees President Obama's legacy as set. The progressive documentary filmmaker couldn't help but express his disappointment with the legislative accomplishments of the politician.

"When the history is written of this era, this is how you'll be remembered: He was the first black president," Moore said during a discussion at The Hollywood Reporter's video lounge at the Toronto Film Festival.

"OK, not a bad accomplishment, but that's it," the director said. "That's it, Mr. Obama. 100 years from now: 'He was the first black American that got elected president.' And that's it. Eight years of your life and that's what people are going to remember. Boy, I got a feeling, knowing you, that — you'd probably wish you were remembered for a few other things, a few other things you could've done."

"So, it is, on that level, a big disappointment," Moore said.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/michael-moore-slams-obama-history-731563

Independent Thoughts
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Michael Moore Slams Obama, Calls Him a Disappointment Empty Re: Michael Moore Slams Obama, Calls Him a Disappointment

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:06 pm

Hey, IT -- I was wondering where you were!

Yeah, from a left perspective, Obama has failed on a number of fronts. We were all about dismantling much of the surveillance state, passing something similar to single-payer health care reform and creating meaningful environmental regulations to fight global warming when he came in back in 2009.

You can blame a lot of what's happened on Republican obstructionism, but Obama could have been a bit more forceful and played the game of politics better, too.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Michael Moore Slams Obama, Calls Him a Disappointment Empty Re: Michael Moore Slams Obama, Calls Him a Disappointment

Post by Original Quill Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:22 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Hey, IT -- I was wondering where you were!

Yeah, from a left perspective, Obama has failed on a number of fronts. We were all about dismantling much of the surveillance state, passing something similar to single-payer health care reform and creating meaningful environmental regulations to fight global warming when he came in back in 2009.

You can blame a lot of what's happened on Republican obstructionism, but Obama could have been a bit more forceful and played the game of politics better, too.

We saw this early on, when he refused to prosecute Cheney for war crimes, despite the evidence adduced in the Scooter Libby trial. Also, he might have put up a better fight for the single-payer option in the Affordable Care Act. I think it's clear that he is a conservative Democrat.

Republicans differ from Democrats in that RW'ers don't run from fights. If they see a poll that shows them losing, they will roll up their sleeves and dive into the fight. Moderate Democrats, more likely, will offer more in the pot and run away. That's my impression of Obama.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:14 pm

I think that's pretty much dead-on, good point about failing to hold the Bush administration accountable for war crimes. That was a big disappointment that still sticks in my craw.

I know Obama likes to use the quote that politics is the art of the possible, but I feel he's backed away from too many battles.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:37 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I think that's pretty much dead-on, good point about failing to hold the Bush administration accountable for war crimes. That was a big disappointment that still sticks in my craw.

I know Obama likes to use the quote that politics is the art of the possible, but I feel he's backed away from too many battles.

Right on point. In graduate school, political science, we learned that African Americans tend to try to meld into middle America. The average African mother teaches her kids to be polite, try not to disagree, and never, never badmouth a police officer.

I have asked myself, why Obama is so passive? It is either because he is simply conservative himself, or because he is Black. African Americans have a social tendency--certainly understandable--of being non-confrontational. Anyone who has been following events in Ferguson should understand that.

But in politics it is inappropriate to a degree. He reaches over, across the aisle way too much. This, in turn, brings out the carnivorousness in Republicans, who see 'red-meat' in his reticence. Methinks as a leader he is afflicted with the African attitude.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down