NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Cameron welcomes new European Council president's pledge

Go down

David Cameron welcomes new European Council president's pledge Empty David Cameron welcomes new European Council president's pledge

Post by Guest Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:14 am

David Cameron has welcomed a commitment by the new president of the European Council to reach a deal with the UK on EU reform.
Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk, who was appointed to the role at a summit in Brussels, said he "cannot imagine" the European Union without the UK.
He said the free movement of workers was a "barrier" that could be reformed.
The PM has pledged to agree a new deal with the EU and put it to a referendum if the Tories win the next election.
'Dark scenario'
At a press conference after his appointment was finalised by fellow European leaders, Mr Tusk, who will give up his role as prime minister of Poland for his new role, said he wanted to "emphasise that the EU, and me personally, will take on the concerns voiced by the UK".
According to the official translation from Polish, he said: "I am talking about the UK because I am sure that the future of the EU is not about making it smaller, about contraction.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28997123

This will not go down to well with the Ukippers.

Back to top Go down