NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video Of Gay Man Confronted By Christian Parents Sparks Homophobic Abuse On YouTube

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Video Of Gay Man Confronted By Christian Parents Sparks Homophobic Abuse On YouTube - Page 2 Empty Video Of Gay Man Confronted By Christian Parents Sparks Homophobic Abuse On YouTube

Post by Guest Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:01 am

First topic message reminder :

[ltr]WARNING: THE ABOVE VIDEO FEATURES GRAPHIC CONTENT[/ltr]
[ltr]A disturbing film of a gay man being confronted by his "Christian" family, which wasposted to YouTube on Thursday, has sparked a raft of homophobic abuse on the video sharing website.[/ltr]
[ltr]The post, which has gained more than 2 million views and 20,000 comments, shows a surreptitious phone recording by 20-year-old Daniel Ashley Pierce from Georgia, detailing what appears to be a family intervention by the man’s father, his stepmother and his grandparents.[/ltr]

[ltr]http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/08/29/youtube-video-of-gay-man-coming-out-to-christian-parents-sparks-homophobic-abuse_n_5736770.html?utm_hp_ref=uk[/ltr]

[ltr]Beggars belief this.   No [/ltr]

Back to top Go down

Video Of Gay Man Confronted By Christian Parents Sparks Homophobic Abuse On YouTube - Page 2 Empty Re: Video Of Gay Man Confronted By Christian Parents Sparks Homophobic Abuse On YouTube

Post by Guest Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:15 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

I do, he deserves every penny, ad what religion would that be that I brought into it?
I mentioned no names, but clearly you hold religious views that is a fact is why you are being so utterly negative here, it fits the pattern. It shows you thus must hold some disdain for homosexuality, it actually proves it and the money part is just a smoke screen to claim you are not happy about this, as it is so easy to see through some people

Excellent points Eilzel and I think we both know the reason behinds Ragga's views here, religion, though no doubt she will claim otherwise, hey ho.

You said that religion was behind my views. Explain what you mean please.

Religion is nothing to do with disliking attention seekers who make a profit out of their attention seeking. I feel the same way about Katie Price.

Oh being religious can be the very reason someone jumps onto a story about the plight of a homosexual man disowned by his parents. Unbelievable, and how insensitive, he just lost his whole family, I think he is allowed some attention, after losing his whole family, how absurd and inconsiderate of you proving my point. So you are saying people who have suffered loss and discrimination should not reach out to people now for help?
Good job you do not work for the Samaritans then.

Back to top Go down

Video Of Gay Man Confronted By Christian Parents Sparks Homophobic Abuse On YouTube - Page 2 Empty Re: Video Of Gay Man Confronted By Christian Parents Sparks Homophobic Abuse On YouTube

Post by Guest Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:20 am

After the incident he wrote on Facebook: “I didn’t know that my biggest problem was going to be getting disowned and kicked out of my home of almost twenty years. To add insult to injury my stepmother punched me in the face repeatedly with my grandmother cheering her along.”
He said he hoped the video might make other families think again before disowning a gay child.
“If one family maybe watches it and maybe changes their mind in how they are going to handle it about their son or daughter coming out, one family and I will be happy,” he told WXIA-TV.
Mr Pierce said he was planning to donate some of the money to charities intended to support LGBT youth who run away or are kicked out of their homes.

So he is also giving money to others who will need it, hold my hat off to him

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:21 am

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You said that religion was behind my views. Explain what you mean please.

Religion is nothing to do with disliking attention seekers who make a profit out of their attention seeking. I feel the same way about Katie Price.

Oh being religious can be the very reason someone jumps onto a story about the plight of a homosexual man disowned by his parents. Unbelievable, and how insensitive, he just lost his whole family, I think he is allowed some attention, after losing his whole family, how absurd and inconsiderate of you proving my point. So you are saying people who have suffered loss and discrimination should not reach out to people now for help?

So anyone who posted in this thread did so because they're religious?

I don't think that reaching out to strangers to get money is really the way to go about it. I daresay you will try to make out that I'm saying that because of my religion. lol!

Do you think his family are worth having then? Perhaps you secretly admire them.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:21 am

Didge wrote:After the incident he wrote on Facebook: “I didn’t know that my biggest problem was going to be getting disowned and kicked out of my home of almost twenty years. To add insult to injury my stepmother punched me in the face repeatedly with my grandmother cheering her along.”
He said he hoped the video might make other families think again before disowning a gay child.
“If one family maybe watches it and maybe changes their mind in how they are going to handle it about their son or daughter coming out, one family and I will be happy,” he told WXIA-TV.
Mr Pierce said he was planning to donate some of the money to charities intended to support LGBT youth who run away or are kicked out of their homes.

So he is also giving money to others who will need it, hold my hat off to him

Some of it. He'll have plenty left over for a few beers. Razz
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:22 am

Oh, and once again, he's 20 years old, he's not a child.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:24 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

I don't think that reaching out to strangers to get money is really the way to go about it. I daresay you will try to make out that I'm saying that because of my religion. lol!

Do you think his family are worth having then? Perhaps you secretly admire them.

But I kow you are religious so it is easy to figure out Ragga.

Of course it is okay to reach out to others for help, again he lost his whole family, you need to try and picture what that is like and as seen he is giving money to others who suffer the same plight and posted this video to hope this never happens to others, that parents will see this and think before they do the same to their own child.
I guess all these points are lost on you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:26 am

Raggamuffin wrote:Oh, and once again, he's 20 years old, he's not a child.

So you think most people cope easily with losing their family?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:26 am

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Of course it is okay to reach out to others for help, again he lost his whole family, you need to try and picture what that is like and as seen he is giving money to others who suffer the same plight and posted this video to hope this never happens to others, that parents will see this and think before they do the same to their own child.

Please explain your first comment, and stop beating around the bush. If you can't do that, you're clearly just stirring and being bigoted.

Oh, and he claims that he recorded it in case anything happened. Well he says he was assaulted, so did he tell the police? No, he just posted the video and got a load of dosh instead. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:28 am

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Oh, and once again, he's 20 years old, he's not a child.

I would think that most people wouldn't document the whole thing on the internet for everyone to see, and make a profit out of doing so.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:31 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

Please explain your first comment, and stop beating around the bush. If you can't do that, you're clearly just stirring and being bigoted.

Oh, and he claims that he recorded it in case anything happened. Well he says he was assaulted, so did he tell the police? No, he just posted the video and got a load of dosh instead. Laughing

Everyone is bigoted.
You are religious are you not?
As seen you make absurd comments that he is 20 years old and that he will have no problems dealing with the loss of his entire family, where maybe he did not want to involve the police because maybe he actually still loves his family, or did this thought never cross your mind. They may have disowned him, but hece why it is going to be difficult for him, showing how completely out of touch with reality you are.
You want to know why I know your views are centered around religion, because you have a negative view to him on every thing and yet he is the victim, yet it is clear you do not see him as such, which proves the religious angle.

Thus you expose yourself

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:32 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

I would think that most people wouldn't document the whole thing on the internet for everyone to see, and make a profit out of doing so.

Really, what makes you think that?
That is speculative babble and avoiding the point to how people would cope, so I ask again, do you think people easily cope with losing their family?.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:39 am

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

That is speculative babble and avoiding the point to how people would cope, so I ask again, do you think people easily cope with losing their family?.

You think that most people would air their family problems on the internet in order to get money?

Oh dear, what a sad weird world you must live in.

Once again, do you think that he would be better off with his family, given their views?

I have things to do, so I'll leave you to slag me off for things I haven't said, and for being Christian. Have fun!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:43 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

You think that most people would air their family problems on the internet in order to get money?
Again who said he set it up? Again yes I do if they had just lost their familiy in this day and age, being they are reaching out for help after such a traumatic experince

No mine is quite rational as seen, you have not had anything nice to say about this person who has been disowned for being homosexual, instead you have been completely negative

Once again, do you think that he would be better off with his family, given their views?
If he family come to their senses and admit they are wrong, I am sure he would be very happy, as families mean everything to most people

I have things to do, so I'll leave you to slag me off for things I haven't said, and for being Christian. Have fun!

You still have not answered my question:

Do you think people easily cope with losing their family?

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:10 am

Didge wrote:
David wrote:

Hi Didge it is one too many Sad

I know buddy, have some faith though in the fact perceptions are changing for the better and in that I have hope.

I know perceptions are changing Didge. What I am talking about is that because perceptions are changing people are less alert to the homophobia out there as if it is a thing of the past. All I am saying is yes it is improving for us which is very good but let's not forget that there is homophobia out there.
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:47 am

Raggs, yes he is 20 years old, but he has just been thrown out and rejected by his parents. It isn't that easy to just get started alone so suddenly. The money will help there since his parents aren't there for him. And sorry, but any awareness raised is beneficial- if you think it isn't perhaps you sit their wondering why ANY charity (African aid, Cancer research, child cruelty etc) bothers with advertising 'since we're all aware' anyway.

You seem rather hostile over this story tbh.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:30 am

Eilzel wrote:Raggs, yes he is 20 years old, but he has just been thrown out and rejected by his parents. It isn't that easy to just get started alone so suddenly. The money will help there since his parents aren't there for him. And sorry, but any awareness raised is beneficial- if you think it isn't perhaps you sit their wondering why ANY charity (African aid, Cancer research, child cruelty etc) bothers with advertising 'since we're all aware' anyway.

+1 Like!
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:50 am

David wrote:
Didge wrote:

I know buddy, have some faith though in the fact perceptions are changing for the better and in that I have hope.

I know perceptions are changing Didge.  What I am talking about is that because perceptions are changing people are less alert to the homophobia out there as if it is a thing of the past.  All I am saying is yes it is improving for us which is very good but let's not forget that there is homophobia out there.

My apologizes David, I tend to forget this is still a massive uphill struggle for many, facing such unfair discrimination, through no fault of their own, hence why i will always defend against such mindless stupidity cast unfairly unto people for just being who they are.

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:19 pm

Didge wrote:
David wrote:

I know perceptions are changing Didge.  What I am talking about is that because perceptions are changing people are less alert to the homophobia out there as if it is a thing of the past.  All I am saying is yes it is improving for us which is very good but let's not forget that there is homophobia out there.

My apologizes David, I tend to forget this is still a massive uphill struggle for many, facing such unfair discrimination, through no fault of their own, hence why i will always defend against such mindless stupidity cast unfairly unto people for just being who they are.

Please don't apologise Didge.  I know how much you defend gay people ::D::
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:27 pm

David wrote:
Didge wrote:

Please don't apologise Didge.  I know how much you defend gay people ::D::

I do though have to David, as I once was that naive and stupid years ago and learnt.
This was posted across the water on flap by Gelico, hold my hand up to her for doing so, this really hits home the heartache many must suffer ad go through:

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:51 pm

Didge I know you were but this is in the past. You see now.

I posted this video months ago on FB. It is heartbreaking No No No
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:46 pm

Eilzel wrote:Raggs, yes he is 20 years old, but he has just been thrown out and rejected by his parents. It isn't that easy to just get started alone so suddenly. The money will help there since his parents aren't there for him. And sorry, but any awareness raised is beneficial- if you think it isn't perhaps you sit their wondering why ANY charity (African aid, Cancer research, child cruelty etc) bothers with advertising 'since we're all aware' anyway.

Hostile? I was sympathetic until I found out he was making money out of it. He walked away from his family too.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:28 pm

Dear me, I would not even bother Eilzel, as I said it is very obvious the reason behind here disdain, where as seen she fails to answer countless of my points, thank goodness most religious people are not like this in this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:46 pm

Didge wrote:Dear me, I would not even bother Eilzel, as I said it is very obvious the reason behind here disdain, where as seen she fails to answer countless of my points, thank goodness most religious people are not like this in this country.

You haven't answered my questions, so I treated you with the same disdain.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:48 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:Dear me, I would not even bother Eilzel, as I said it is very obvious the reason behind here disdain, where as seen she fails to answer countless of my points, thank goodness most religious people are not like this in this country.

Ha Ha Ha, what a couout, run along little girl if you cannot debate with the adults, as seen I exposed your true intentions here

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:54 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Ha Ha Ha, what a couout, run along little girl if you cannot debate with the adults, as seen I exposed your true intentions here

No you haven't. I find you to be rather shallow - you take everything at face value, and you're incapable of debating any issue with any depth. Your true intentions are rather obvious - your bigotry is right there all the way through this thread.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:03 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

No you haven't. I find you to be rather shallow - you take everything at face value, and you're incapable of debating any issue with any depth. Your true intentions are rather obvious - your bigotry is right there all the way through this thread.

ha ha ha that made me really laugh, as I say little girl, as seen your views not just by me were seen as poor based no doubt around your religious view points, proving to me you are nothing short of a homophobe.
Again you are also that clueless to understand everyone is a bigot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:11 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

ha ha ha that made me really laugh, as I say little girl, as seen your views not just by me were seen as poor based no doubt around your religious view points, proving to me you are nothing short of a homophobe.

You're still making unfounded accusations, and making assumptions. As I said, you're too shallow and lazy to have a proper debate.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:15 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

You're still making unfounded accusations, and making assumptions. As I said, you're too shallow and lazy to have a proper debate.

They are not unfounded, as seen every view you had here was negative to this individual who is a victim, yet you try to make out he is not which as seen gave the game away as expressed earlier. You struggled to answer any of my points or others for that matter, so for you to claim about having a proper debate is both comical when as seen you have so much to learn material girl.
So your views have been exposed, you have to live with that, and to be honest you seem negative about many things which is very telling.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:05 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Raggs regarding people airing stupid family drama in public
two words
"Jerry Springer"

people will most definitely do it for a buck Neutral it is hardly new either..... entire TV series are based on the premise and the internet just makes it very easy to do Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:38 am

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

They are not unfounded, as seen every view you had here was negative to this individual who is a victim, yet you try to make out he is not which as seen gave the game away as expressed earlier.  You struggled to answer any of my points or others for that matter, so for you to claim about having a proper debate is both comical when as seen you have so much to learn material girl.
So your views have been exposed, you have to live with that, and to be honest you seem negative about many things which is very telling.

You are claiming that my views are to do with my religion, and they are not - ie, your claims are unfounded. You have not answered my questions - because you are unable to back up what you're saying.

You are only here to insult people, which is quite a negative thing, so look at yourself before you point the finger at anyone else.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:39 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Raggs regarding people airing stupid family drama in public
two words
"Jerry Springer"

people will most definitely do it for a buck  Neutral  it is hardly new either..... entire TV series are based on the premise and the internet just makes it very easy to do Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Well exactly, and yet there are people here claiming that this man's motives are praiseworthy.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:49 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

They are not unfounded, as seen every view you had here was negative to this individual who is a victim, yet you try to make out he is not which as seen gave the game away as expressed earlier.  You struggled to answer any of my points or others for that matter, so for you to claim about having a proper debate is both comical when as seen you have so much to learn material girl.

You are claiming that my views are to do with my religion, and they are not - ie, your claims are unfounded. You have not answered my questions - because you are unable to back up what you're saying.

You are only here to insult people, which is quite a negative thing, so look at yourself before you point the finger at anyone else.

You are an immature child and I insult you because you are a homophobic prick as seen you still show negative views to a man who has done no wrong and you seem to claim because he sought to reach out this problem i the hope it would not to others and because others have seen fit to help him, of which he is going to give some of this money to others, you still berate him. I could it give one shit what you think of me, because you are an insignificant pathetic child, who clearly exposes themselves every time you post

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:15 am

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You are an immature child and I insult you because you are a homophobic prick as seen you still show negative views to a man who has done no wrong and you seem to claim because he sought to reach out this problem i the hope it would not to others and because others have seen fit to help him, of which he is going to give some of this money to others, you still berate him. I could it give one shit what you think of me, because you are an insignificant pathetic child, who clearly exposes themselves every time you post

And yet you can't quote where I've been homophobic, can you? Razz

Grow up Didge and stop trolling the forum with your nonsense.

Are you a fan of the Jerry Springer show? ://?roflmao?/:
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:20 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

lol thank you for proving what a child you are.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:58 am

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

lol thank you for proving what a child you are.

You didn't answer the questions. Razz
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:19 pm

Once again Christ never ever condemned homosexuality. It would be very unchristian to do so Cool
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:20 pm

David wrote:

Once again Christ never ever condemned homosexuality.  It would be very unchristian to do so Cool

Agreed David and he was very clear on what should be condemned, so agree it would be very unchristian

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:02 pm

Didge refuses to answer my questions, so I guess that means he's homophobic.

That's going by his logic of course. ://?roflmao?/:
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:09 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Didge refuses to answer my questions, so I guess that means he's homophobic.

Bless, someone is still acting like a child and in fact you failed to answer many of my questions.

I answer yours, I proved you were homophobic with your constant negativity on this case onto a person who has done no wrong and been disowned, who like many people wants to stop such things happening and thus used the internet with good affect and where others wished to help and thus you were easily exposed.

The only daft question I have not answered was about Jerry Springer, which just made me roll my eyes, so no I do not watch it.
Funny you avoided many of mine and Eilzels though, proving you are such a petulant child ha ha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:10 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Again who said he set it up? Again yes I do if they had just lost their familiy in this day and age, being they are reaching out for help after such a traumatic experince

No mine is quite rational as seen, you have not had anything nice to say about this person who has been disowned for being homosexual, instead you have been completely negative

If he family come to their senses and admit they are wrong, I am sure he would be very happy, as families mean everything to most people

Point proven, and still waiting for an answer

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:37 pm

Didge wrote:
Didge wrote:

Point proven, and still waiting for an answer

Still waiting for an answer to my questions. You're so useless. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:38 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Didge refuses to answer my questions, so I guess that means he's homophobic.

Bless, someone is still acting like a child and in fact you failed to answer many of my questions.

I answer yours, I proved you were homophobic with your constant negativity on this case onto a person who has done no wrong and been disowned, who like many people wants to stop such things happening and thus used the internet with good affect and where others wished to help and thus you were easily exposed.

The only daft question I have not answered was about Jerry Springer, which just made me roll my eyes, so no I do not watch it.
Funny you avoided many of mine and Eilzels though, proving you are such a petulant child ha ha

You haven't answered properly. Try again, and this time base your reply on facts rather than your own prejudices. ::D::
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2