NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At work today

+2
veya_victaous
Cass
6 posters

Go down

At work today Empty At work today

Post by Cass Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:05 am

So my volunteer arrives so I can go to this employee recognition ceremony and he casually tells me there is a rattlesnake right by my car....

see Cass climb down from the ceiling and have a heart attack and try and get into the car from 10 feet away.....

4 hours later storms all around and trying to get back to work ahead of rain and flooded roads only to run into dust storms cause of the wind (I couldn't see more than 5 feet in front of the car) - I arrive at work and the rain came down and flooded parking lot.....

2 hours later closing up rain has stopped so I brave a newly paved road that has many dips that flood - dodge landslides, loose cattle by side of road, and one wash that is running water but not too high so I gun through it (ok I saw 5 other cars going other way so figured it was ok), 2 deer munching by side of road, lightening all around, 2 dead snakes this time (I am not guilty), and racing to beat storm again to get home. 5 mins from home the heavens open again.

the humidity is making me hair frizz and feel sticky and my cold sore hasn't healed up yet.

gotta love living in the desert......further bulletins as events warrant.......

Roger.over and out.

Cool
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

At work today Empty Re: At work today

Post by veya_victaous Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:13 am

Sounds like fun  ::D:: ::D:: ::D:: ::D:: Wink 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:18 am

veya_victaous wrote:Sounds like fun  ::D:: ::D:: ::D:: ::D:: Wink 

I'm having a HUGE glass of wine.....
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:25 am

Brooms can chase off rattlesnakes.

Tanque Verde?

At work today Tanque-Verde-Wash_Flickr-photo_use-allowed_search-net-media_higher-res_compressed-300x171

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:34 am

Original Quill wrote:Brooms can chase off rattlesnakes.

Tanque Verde?

At work today Tanque-Verde-Wash_Flickr-photo_use-allowed_search-net-media_higher-res_compressed-300x171

I only use my broom at the weekends Wink
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:43 am

My two worst-day-at-work stories both entail driving home. In 2003 I'm a freelancer, driving home after a concert I'm supposed to write a review for; I get creamed by a drunk driver on the freeway at 2 a.m. I get a call from the editor the next day after I'm discharged from the hospital, saying they don't have space for the review (so I'm not even getting my $100 for the story). Then the police call and say they'll probably never find the drunk driver, as he and his friends fled the scene and the car was stolen ...

The other wasn't quite so bad. I'm covering a city council meeting and we keep hearing loud thunder and high winds outside. The meeting runs long so everything's died down by the time I'm driving home ... past downed trees and power lines ... Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:50 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:My two worst-day-at-work stories both entail driving home. In 2003 I'm a freelancer, driving home after a concert I'm supposed to write a review for; I get creamed by a drunk driver on the freeway at 2 a.m. I get a call from the editor the next day after I'm discharged from the hospital, saying they don't have space for the review (so I'm not even getting my $100 for the story). Then the police call and say they'll probably never find the drunk driver, as he and his friends fled the scene and the car was stolen ...

The other wasn't quite so bad. I'm covering a city council meeting and we keep hearing loud thunder and high winds outside. The meeting runs long so everything's died down by the time I'm driving home ... past downed trees and power lines ... Smile

well thank goodness you were not killed by that *&$@#'Sad*.........

I'm guessing being in the tornado would've been easier than the city council meeting Smile

my shoulders and back are in AGONY after those drives.....I was so tense with concentrating. to relax I'm off to the movie The Hundred Foot Journey - French and Indian food........mmmmmm.....I will be taking a notebook and pen along......
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:08 pm

After such a gruelling day ( Commiserations ) and such bad luck after a concert I cordially invite you both to dinner.

Tortilla de papata avec steamed salmon pave au lemon and gambas on the BBQ . We will be drinking a young red bought on the market this morning.

The pastis is getting warm due to melting ice, I suggest post haste.

gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:30 pm

mercy buckets x
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:44 pm

gerber wrote:After such a gruelling day ( Commiserations ) and such bad luck  after a concert I cordially invite you both to dinner.

Tortilla de papata avec steamed salmon pave au lemon and gambas on the BBQ .  We will be drinking a young red bought on the market this morning.

Haven't drunk red since Christmas 1996, you don't want to know At work today Sick16

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:06 pm

Rattlesnakes?????  affraid 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:41 am

eddie wrote:Rattlesnakes?????  affraid 

yes Eddie....I don't joke about snakes......I had VERY BAD dreams last night......brrrrrrrrr
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:27 am

Cass wrote:
eddie wrote:Rattlesnakes?????   affraid 

yes Eddie....I don't joke about snakes......I had VERY BAD dreams last night......brrrrrrrrr

Bet it would have made a great pair of shoes or a handbag  ::rfth:: 
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:05 am

gerber wrote:
Cass wrote:
eddie wrote:Rattlesnakes?????   affraid 

Bet it would have made a great pair of shoes or a handbag   ::rfth:: 

lol! 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:38 pm

gerber wrote:
Cass wrote:

Bet it would have made a great pair of shoes or a handbag  ::rfth:: 

hey if you wanna get up close and personal with it to do that then gave at it girlfriend .....hes all yours.

I will see how today goes and if he reappears I will have to buy shit loads of snake away......
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:06 pm

Cass wrote:
gerber wrote:

Bet it would have made a great pair of shoes or a handbag   ::rfth:: 

hey if you wanna get up close and personal with it to do that then gave at it girlfriend .....hes all yours.

I will see how today goes and if he reappears I will have to buy shit loads of snake away......

What's Snakes Away? Like high powered insect repellant?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:26 am

Sassy wrote:
Cass wrote:

apparently.....its some kind of sulfer powder....he wasn't there today....ill be keeping be a beady eye out....
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:29 am

Sassy wrote:
Cass wrote:

apparently.....its some kind of sulfer powder....he wasn't there today....ill be keeping be a beady eye out....
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:35 am

feelthelove wrote:
gerber wrote:After such a gruelling day ( Commiserations ) and such bad luck  after a concert I cordially invite you both to dinner.

Tortilla de papata avec steamed salmon pave au lemon and gambas on the BBQ .  We will be drinking a young red bought on the market this morning.

Haven't drunk red since Christmas 1996, you don't want to know At work today Sick16

Yep, like tequila and the Samaniego House in Tucson, 1980.

At work today 5007300576df4.preview-620

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:42 am

feelthelove wrote:

oh no missus......you cant do that....if you tell me yours ill tell you mine about southern comfort Christmas 1988
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:18 am

Cass wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

oh no missus......you cant do that....if you tell me yours ill tell you mine about southern comfort Christmas 1988

Ok girls............................ SPILL

Apologies about the shoes too low low low. Taken back
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:33 pm

gerber wrote:
Cass wrote:

Ok girls............................  SPILL

Apologies about the shoes too low low low.  Taken back

Sorry Gorgeous Gerber, I'm still so ashamed I can't share  At work today Ashame31

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:29 am

feelthelove wrote:
gerber wrote:

Ok girls............................  SPILL

Apologies about the shoes too low low low.  Taken back

Sorry Gorgeous Gerber, I'm still so ashamed I can't share  At work today Ashame31

omerta xx
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down