NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Paradise. Two Hurricanes threatening Hawaii and an Earthquake

+2
eddie
jaded fox
6 posters

Go down

Welcome to Paradise. Two Hurricanes threatening Hawaii and an Earthquake Empty Welcome to Paradise. Two Hurricanes threatening Hawaii and an Earthquake

Post by jaded fox Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:48 am

Hawaii has been prepare for double trouble as Hurricane Iselle and hurricane Julio make their way to the islands. Iselle will make land fall late night on Thursday as a category 1. Residents of the Big Island will be experiencing the brunt of the storm with the islands of Maui and Oahu expecting to see tropical storm conditions Friday morning.

The National Weather Service tweeted the following information Wednesday afternoon:

Anticipated Iselle conditions for Hawaii County. Winds 60-70 mph, gusts to 85 mph. Rain 5-8+ inches, locally higher windward.
   Anticipated Iselle conditions for Maui County. Winds 45-55 mph, gusts to 65 mph. Rain 5-8+ inches, locally higher windward.
   Anticipated Iselle conditions for Oahu. Winds 40-50 mph, gusts to 55+ mph. Rain 4-7+ inches, locally higher windward.
   Anticipated Iselle conditions for Kauai. Winds 35-45 mph, gusts to 50+ mph. Rain 4-7+ inches, locally higher windward.
   Onset of Iselle tropical storm force winds on Big Island is 4 p.m. Thursday.
   Onset of Iselle tropical storm force winds on Maui is 9 p.m. Thursday.
   Onset of Iselle tropical storm force winds (39+ mph) on Oahu is 6 a.m. Friday, 4 p.m. Friday for Kauai.
   As it passes south, the closest approach of Iselle to Honolulu is forecast to be 9 a.m. Friday.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/26167902/ts-iselle-forms-in-eastern-pacific

Hurricane Julio has strengthened to a Category 3 hurricane, with maximum sustained winds of 115 miles per hour with higher gusts. It was located 1,060 miles east of Hilo and was moving west at 16 miles per hour. It is expected to slowly weaken beginning on Friday evening.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/26186251/new-tropical-depression-forms-in-eastern-pacific

Too add insult to injury the Big Island experienced 4.5 magnitude quake struck near Waimea – a sparsely populated are of the Big Island and home to the Parker Ranch, the nation’s largest ranch on Thursday morning before Iselle's arrival. There no reports of injuries, deaths, or damage.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/local/hurricanes-zeroing-hawaiian-islands/ngxNr/

Edit: Iselle has been downgraded to a tropical storm prior to making landfall on the Big Island

Last edited by jaded fox on Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:58 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Update)
jaded fox
jaded fox
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Paradise. Two Hurricanes threatening Hawaii and an Earthquake Empty Re: Welcome to Paradise. Two Hurricanes threatening Hawaii and an Earthquake

Post by Guest Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:36 am

They got reeeeaaaaal unlucky!!!!

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Paradise. Two Hurricanes threatening Hawaii and an Earthquake Empty Re: Welcome to Paradise. Two Hurricanes threatening Hawaii and an Earthquake

Post by eddie Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:40 am

Morning jaded fox and sassy,

Isn't there supposed to be one headed here?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:39 pm

Iselle has been downgraded to a tropical storm. She's passed without doing much harm.

Julio is a stronger storm, but it is taking a path to the north of the Hawi'ian Islands.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded fox Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:06 pm

Original Quill wrote:Iselle has been downgraded to a tropical storm.  She's passed without doing much harm.

Julio is a stronger storm, but it is taking a path to the north of the Hawi'ian Islands.

Yep. We caught all the rain with out the wind. It was really nice actually. Iselle still did damage though. Lots of trees down taking out some power line with it.
jaded fox
jaded fox
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by stardesk Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:23 pm

Hi folks. We'll get the tail end of hurricane Bertha on Sunday, (tomorrow.) Strong winds and heavy rain. Get your wellies out folks.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:24 pm

stardesk wrote:Hi folks. We'll get the tail end of hurricane Bertha on Sunday, (tomorrow.) Strong winds and heavy rain. Get your wellies out folks.

....and your HWB Welcome to Paradise. Two Hurricanes threatening Hawaii and an Earthquake No_fai27 x

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:09 pm

stardesk wrote:Hi folks. We'll get the tail end of hurricane Bertha on Sunday, (tomorrow.) Strong winds and heavy rain. Get your wellies out folks.

Its raining here now, according to the forecast its meant to hit us around 12.15am, only an hour to go and no sign as yet... Mind you when I looked at the BBC weather on line earlier it said it was raining on my postcode, and the sun was out so who knows!
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:12 pm

Can you look at my area harves?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:15 pm

eddie wrote:Can you look at my area harves?

Its meant to get to you at 1am.... don't get that as you are further South than me and thought it was coming in from that direction  scratch 

Nems Checking yours now...
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:18 pm

Right Nems you are 4am  Smile That's if it happens anyway, they are saying they are not really sure!

harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:19 pm

Pfffft. I'll sleep through it  Cool 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:23 pm

eddie wrote:Pfffft. I'll sleep through it  Cool 

I reckon its going to miss us anyway, there's no sign of wind at all, just rain which we are used to now in the Summer!
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:30 pm

harvesmom wrote:Right Nems you are 4am  Smile That's if it happens anyway, they are saying they are not really sure!

4am it is I shall look out for it!

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:45 pm

Nems wrote:
harvesmom wrote:Right Nems you are 4am  Smile That's if it happens anyway, they are saying they are not really sure!

4am it is I shall look out for it!

I wouldn't hold your breath  Cool 
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down