NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michigan 'open carry' advocates publish 'pro-gun' children's book

5 posters

Go down

Michigan 'open carry' advocates publish 'pro-gun' children's book Empty Michigan 'open carry' advocates publish 'pro-gun' children's book

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:15 pm

My Parents Open Carry tells the story of “13-year-old Brenna Strong along with her mom, Bea, and her dad, Richard [spending] a typical Saturday running errands and having fun together,” according to the book’s official site. However, “[w]hat’s not so typical is that Brenna’s parents lawfully open carry handguns for self-defense.”

The book’s authors, Brian Jeffs and Nathan Nephew, claim that they were inspired to write the book because they “looked for pro-gun children’s books and couldn’t find any. Our goal was to provide a wholesome family book that reflects the views of the majority of the American people, i.e., that self-defense is a basic natural right and that firearms provide the most efficient means for that defense.”

In an interview with Armed American Radio, the official radio program of The United States Concealed Carry Association, Jeffs and Nephews said that the book represents “an open carry adventure” in which the Strong family goes to the grocery store and the book store and confronts people.

Nephews said that “it’s a good book” not just for children, but for friends and neighbors too. “It will help put people at ease,” because it’s parents, not children, who are alarmed when people openly carry firearms. “Most kids aren’t scared of a gun,” he said, “that’s another good point this book tries to make.”

According to a recent study in the journal Pediatrics, nearly 10,000 children in the United States are injured or killed by firearms every year.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/02/my-parents-open-carry-kids-book-portrays-day-in-the-life-of-typical-gun-nut-family/

Michigan 'open carry' advocates publish 'pro-gun' children's book My_parents_open_carry-cover
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Michigan 'open carry' advocates publish 'pro-gun' children's book Empty Re: Michigan 'open carry' advocates publish 'pro-gun' children's book

Post by Original Quill Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:57 pm

How many people do they shoot in the book? Hope it's not one of those Pollyanna Learns to Drive books.

BTW, is this guy related to Warren Jeffs?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Michigan 'open carry' advocates publish 'pro-gun' children's book Empty Re: Michigan 'open carry' advocates publish 'pro-gun' children's book

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:21 pm

Remember the NRA motto:

An armed society is a polite society!

As beautifully illustrated by This Modern World:

Michigan 'open carry' advocates publish 'pro-gun' children's book GUN012
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Original Quill Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:21 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:Laughing 

PITY they left the cover art to a 3rd or 4th class kid using crayons and a watercolour wash...

SAVES having to pay for a genuine artist though, doesn't it !

Yes, and gorgeous blue eyes and blond hair. Love the Aryan touch.

Again...why I think there is a Mormon influence there.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Original Quill Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:44 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:Cool 

AND those moronic spaced out "worms are eating my brain" expressions on their faces !

MAKES it look like even their combined collective IQs still won't be reaching the national average (approaching 110 by now ?).

lol!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded fox Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:33 am

That picture is just creepy.
jaded fox
jaded fox
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:29 pm

Funny how the world comes around so perfectly.  They do look like the 'pod people' don't they?  They appear to be out to rid the world of the menace of dark skin and brown eyes.
 lol! 

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:29 am

Meanwhile in Sane places the headline is

Is ‘My Parents Open Carry’ the creepiest kids book ever?

http://www.news.com.au/world/is-my-parents-open-carry-the-creepiest-kids-book-ever/story-fndir2ev-1227014216164

Which I am sure is exactly what they wanted  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  this author should not be allowed near children let alone firearms  Suspect 

And it promotes Rubbish that has been proven wrong
the More guns the more gun deaths simple as that.
Michigan 'open carry' advocates publish 'pro-gun' children's book BuCmP8pIQAEQqVg
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:34 am

"...cars, chainsaws and many other tools..." have other uses outside of their specific danger. But a gun has only one purpose.

And...notice he relies on the conservative thesis of 'reward-punishment' to frame his psychological argument: deterrence. The facts indicate that guns don't deter anyone. Most civilian gun deaths are not about rational thought at all...they are about rage, children and accidents, carelessness, etc.

As her dad pondered these facts, and just before saying goodbye, Brenna offered her favorite saying: "Dad, wtf don't you keep your mouth shut, and put that big .357 dick surrogate back in the car before you accidentally shoot your foot off."

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down