NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bolivia becomes first nation to legalise child labour for over 10s

2 posters

Go down

Bolivia becomes first nation to legalise child labour for over 10s Empty Bolivia becomes first nation to legalise child labour for over 10s

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:16 am

Bolivia has become the first country to legalise child labour after a law was signed by Vice- President Alvaro Garcia Linera on Thursday. The new legislation was first approved by Congress earlier this month, and now the signature from Linera means the age that children can legally work is to be lowered from 14 to 10.

Under the new legislation, children above the age of 10 will be allowed to become self-employed workers as long as they have enrolled in school and have the permission of their parents. Children over the age of 12 will be permitted to take on contract work, again with parental consent and compulsory school attendance. The law to lower the age in which children can legally work, is all part of the Bolivian government’s plan to help Bolivians living in poverty.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/bolivia-becomes-first-nation-to-legalise-child-labour-for-over-10s-9616682.html

Back to top Go down

Bolivia becomes first nation to legalise child labour for over 10s Empty Re: Bolivia becomes first nation to legalise child labour for over 10s

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:24 am

Wow, I'm really on two minds about this. Though it seems that this law has the proper ifs ands and buts included, I hate the notion that child labor is something to lift a people out of poverty. Far better that they were properly educated, and I can't see that happening when a child has to hold down a job in addition to studies.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Bolivia becomes first nation to legalise child labour for over 10s Empty Re: Bolivia becomes first nation to legalise child labour for over 10s

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:29 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Wow, I'm really on two minds about this. Though it seems that this law has the proper ifs ands and buts included, I hate the notion that child labor is something to lift a people out of poverty. Far better that they were properly educated, and I can't see that happening when a child has to hold down a job in addition to studies.

Interesting said near enough the same on Flap, as to me this is good as a temp measure, but the real problem should be to help families long term where children should not need to have to work, but clearly there is a need for some to support their families, I said the same that they will miss out on education and most of all being allowed to be a child and not grow up to soon before their time.
So agree that I hate to see any child having to work full time to support their family. Have no issue where teens do part time work to have extra cash for themselves

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down