NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do we need to do to get people talking more?

+14
HoratioTarr
veya_victaous
Original Quill
Fred Moletrousers
'Wolfie
Maddog
nicko
Andy
eddie
Caution
JohnEAngel
captain
Lurker
Ben Reilly
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What do we need to do to get people talking more? - Page 3 Empty What do we need to do to get people talking more?

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:38 am

First topic message reminder :

I'd like to see a bit more participation here, and I'm open to suggestions. Anybody?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

What do we need to do to get people talking more? - Page 3 Empty Re: What do we need to do to get people talking more?

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:29 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Including your own? From being an ultra Loony left trolling Outback racist asshole to being a moderate Loony Left trolling Outback racist asshole?

Personally I hadn't noticed any difference.

im not sure that happened fred

wolfie is still  an ultra Loony left trolling Outback racist asshole

Idea

I am neither a "troll" nor a racist...

And, I was only ever a centre-left 'asshole' until you two (+gelico..) slithered on here and pushed everyone else another couple of places to the left..

'Everything is relative.'
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

What do we need to do to get people talking more? - Page 3 Empty Re: What do we need to do to get people talking more?

Post by eddie Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:42 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
eddie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:You could start be stop being such a little cry baby bitch.

You've put a language filter on pres I dent Donald Trump so that it reads "Fake"  President trump

You fucking child, no wonder participation is low

Who are you talking to like that you fucking idiot - is it the owner of this very forum, where you post every day? If it's so, shite why are you here? Participation is low, is it?
You seem to like it plenty, you're a very active participant.

Fuck off if you don't like it.

I'm only offering advice in response to Ben's post, on how to make things better.

Ben is a child eddie or at the very least he is currently acting like one.

Adults don't have little temper tantrums to the point where they filter language, that's something I did as a kid at school.

Its just juvenile, if Ben wants a better forum to attract better posters then a grown up approach is needed.

If he wants to attract all sorts of posters then he needs to stop putting his personal emotional stamp on this place, how does he expect to attract right wing posters when he has an upside down America flag to greet people??

This forum is already heavily left leaning, if he wants a leftwing forum where only leftwing views are heard then he may as well just go to twitter.

When he makes it so typing  presi dent Donald trump read "fake" presi dent Donald trump??

It's petulant, the same sulky petulance we see with remain voters.

Not professional not serious, and it won't attract more participation.

Secondly, the personal relationships you and other posters share is also very evident and a potential problem.

I dont care what your relationship with Ben or any other poster for that matter is, it's none of my business except for when you come snarling at me for a post to him.

What new posters want to join a forum where the online cliques exist in real life as well?? Where one for all and all for one is the order of the day where an attack on one is attacked by all??

This isn't NATO

Take yourself are you snarling at me as eddie the poster, if so why, my post was to Ben not you

Or are you snarling at me as eddie who has some relationship with Ben?? If so that's a problem for the forum.

What would potential posters looking in be thinking??

Thirdly

There has to be some disconnect between the personalities and their roles,  Ben the poster and Ben the owner need to be separate. Same with the mods, is Lord Foul a poster or is Lord Foul a mod??

Never mind bi-polar its tri-polar around here, trying ro figure out who is who at any given time is like quantum physics

This is a good forum for all its faults, I never said it was shit.

If Ben wants ideas on how to make it better  then he is best off not listening to his special advisors and assorted sycophants who are all too willing to tell their beloved emperor how wonderful his clothes look.

At least from me he will get honesty

I'm taking the time to answer your post as you took the time to write it and it was polite and seemingly pretty well thought-out.

Firstly, you're right. I did get pissed off with you due to the way you spoke to Ben. I'm only human and actually, smelly - and you've known me for years - I've never pretended to be anything but human, with real human flaws and real human emotions that I'm not afraid to show on a forum. So for that, I'm not sorry, but you are right in that respect - I did react angrily to the way you spoke to Ben.  

But really, so fucking what?  

Let's address your other point:
All forums form cliques, it's called human connection and it's what makes life move along. Do you know that I think communication is the best gift we can offer somebody else? When you stop communicating, what do you have?  You have nothing.

Addressing your post as a whole I can see some logical aspects to it - can a newcomer be put off by cliques? Perhaps. You'll have to ask the many that have joined since it began and the cliques were already in place.  Seeing as most of us all come from offshoots of other places past and present, it's unavoidable that cliques and personal history will be at the forefront of posting at times.  Is it a problem? Well if a potential newcomer is put off by personal interaction, (good or bad, actually),  then they're not the kind of people I would particularly be interested in.

You like it here because you are stimulated. I also think there is a little something within you that is probably a little decent and also someone who has been really let down by people - but then, I always see the good in everyone and I am always open to listening....long after others have given up and gone home.

I'm not sorry for that either.

Namaste.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:33 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
eddie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:You could start be stop being such a little cry baby bitch.

You've put a language filter on pres I dent Donald Trump so that it reads "Fake"  President trump

You fucking child, no wonder participation is low

Who are you talking to like that you fucking idiot - is it the owner of this very forum, where you post every day? If it's so, shite why are you here? Participation is low, is it?
You seem to like it plenty, you're a very active participant.

Fuck off if you don't like it.

I'm only offering advice in response to Ben's post, on how to make things better.

Ben is a child eddie or at the very least he is currently acting like one.

Adults don't have little temper tantrums to the point where they filter language, that's something I did as a kid at school.

Its just juvenile, if Ben wants a better forum to attract better posters then a grown up approach is needed.

If he wants to attract all sorts of posters then he needs to stop putting his personal emotional stamp on this place, how does he expect to attract right wing posters when he has an upside down America flag to greet people??

This forum is already heavily left leaning, if he wants a leftwing forum where only leftwing views are heard then he may as well just go to twitter.

When he makes it so typing  presi dent Donald trump read "fake" presi dent Donald trump??

It's petulant, the same sulky petulance we see with remain voters.

Not professional not serious, and it won't attract more participation.

Secondly, the personal relationships you and other posters share is also very evident and a potential problem.

I dont care what your relationship with Ben or any other poster for that matter is, it's none of my business except for when you come snarling at me for a post to him.

What new posters want to join a forum where the online cliques exist in real life as well?? Where one for all and all for one is the order of the day where an attack on one is attacked by all??

This isn't NATO

Take yourself are you snarling at me as eddie the poster, if so why, my post was to Ben not you

Or are you snarling at me as eddie who has some relationship with Ben?? If so that's a problem for the forum.

What would potential posters looking in be thinking??

Thirdly

There has to be some disconnect between the personalities and their roles,  Ben the poster and Ben the owner need to be separate. Same with the mods, is Lord Foul a poster or is Lord Foul a mod??

Never mind bi-polar its tri-polar around here, trying ro figure out who is who at any given time is like quantum physics

This is a good forum for all its faults, I never said it was shit.

If Ben wants ideas on how to make it better  then he is best off not listening to his special advisors and assorted sycophants who are all too willing to tell their beloved emperor how wonderful his clothes look.

At least from me he will get honesty

Hahaha, thanks for the advice, but no thanks. If I ever want any shit from you, I'll just squeeze your head.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:59 am

Took Foul long enough to ban Stormee. You wanna see the vile hatred he is spewing out nowadays.
Stench has the same politics and hatred as Stormee, but keeps himself 1 step ahead of a ban.
It isnt the lefties arguing with the conservatives that is causing friction .
We have had many fine Labour v Tory debates.
it's the far right, and the impression that flop posters want to take over here, abetted by a mod who has a foot in both camps. Now there's a conflict of interest if ever I saw it.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:22 am

Andy, stop going on about Vic being a secret "flop spy" its fucking boring and stupid and not even true.
Smelly hasn't done anything to get a ban - in fact, he's far less abusive than some on here.

The day a poster gets banned from a forum simply for having a view that's "not popular" is the day I fuck off from that forum and never return.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:45 am

Angry Andy wrote:Took Foul long enough to ban Stormee. You wanna see the vile hatred he is spewing out nowadays.
Stench has the same politics and hatred as Stormee, but keeps himself 1 step ahead of a ban.
it's the far right, and the impression that flop posters want to take over here, abetted by a mod who has a foot in both camps. Now there's  a conflict of interest if ever I saw it.

*Chortle *

You know Andy I'm beginning to think you might not have the highest opinion on me

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:02 am

Angry Andy wrote:Took Foul long enough to ban Stormee. You wanna see the vile hatred he is spewing out nowadays.
it's the far right, and the impression that flop posters want to take over here, abetted by a mod who has a foot in both camps. Now there's  a conflict of interest if ever I saw it.

As far as I know, the mods here don't moderate according to whether they're "right wing" or "left wing", so I don't get your claim that there's a conflict of interest.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:21 pm

For Christ's sake, Andy, can it.

This utterly ridiculous notion that everyone who has ever posted on IAF is some sort of ultra Right, far Right, sort-of-Right, alt Right, jackbooted, goose stepping Horst Wessel chanting Nazi is becoming fucking boring.

Who the hell this character "Stormee" is, I haven't a bloody clue. If it's that oddball who styles himself as Major (militarily outranking me by one) then why the fuck can't you say so?

He posts stuff that is extreme; so what? What the bloody hell do Loony Lefties in this and other forums post? Marxism is apparently middle-of-the-road to some of 'em. But if that's what floats their boat so be it.

Now I don't give a flying fuck what you or anyone else in this forum thinks of me or my politics (which, I assure you are so middle-of-the-road as to be capable of boring a Trappist monk into even greater silence) but I am getting seriously pissed off by this endless anti-"Head" garbage and guilt-by-association.

You were banned from there for reasons that to me were understandable, even if I disagreed with them, as was Sassy and, ultimately, Scrat.

But it is an entirely separate forum; under different management and if I, or anyone else, wish to make the occasional contribution there it is of abso-fucking-lutely no business of yours, Wolfie's, Sassy's or anyone else's.

OK? Comprendo? Capeesh? Entendido?
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:36 pm

My sentiments also Fred, Andy has always been obsessed with Flap.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:41 pm

nicko wrote:My sentiments also Fred,    Andy has always been obsessed with Flap.

Andy really does need to get a life, Nicko.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:46 pm

Green from me Fred. I do not give a flying shitting fuck where anyone else posts. It's of no concern of mine and the fact that he continuously thinks everyone is a "flop-spy", (I'm sure I was accused of being one on a few occasions), is just too childish beyond words.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:50 pm

eddie wrote:Green from me Fred. I do not give a flying shitting fuck where anyone else posts. It's of no concern of mine and the fact that he continuously thinks everyone is a "flop-spy", (I'm sure I was accused of being one on a few occasions), is just too childish beyond words.

Yes, Edds, you were indeed accused of being a "flop-spy"

I laughed so much at that that I had to use my two horsepower garden leaf blower to reduce the moisture content of my Y-fronts.................
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:51 pm

I like cats. =^..^=
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:52 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
eddie wrote:Green from me Fred. I do not give a flying shitting fuck where anyone else posts. It's of no concern of mine and the fact that he continuously thinks everyone is a "flop-spy", (I'm sure I was accused of being one on a few occasions), is just too childish beyond words.

I laughed so much at that that I had to use my two horsepower garden leaf blower to reduce the moisture content of my Y-fronts.................

Yeah I did larf myself quite a bit.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:04 pm

eddie wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

You might have found my two horsepower garden leaf blower a bit too much of a challenge though, Edds............

(I shall now await the predictable censure of the immaculately and predictably political correct Sassy for making an obviously inappropriate and unwarranted sexual comment, not that anything of that nature even entered my mind...)
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:29 pm

Don't sweat it. I like leafblower stories.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:02 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:
Comments like this, apart from being puerile, are enough to put people off.    People want to debate, not get continuous playground insults thrown at them all the time.

Basketball

Tell that to your chums VoD, gelico and Raggamuffin...

I have yet to see them contributing anything positive or useful to this forum, let alone not seeing them actually "debating" actual sibjects..

Irregardless of how much you serial whiners and whingers may dislike and abuse the likes of me, Andy, veya, Quill and sassy --  constantly mis-labelling us as trolls, liars, "haters", and wishing we were long gone --  at least we do discuss and debate topics on here.

Just unfortunate that InAFlop has to keep sending its third rate trolls and racist trash this way..

Hi wolfie- I try to keep my debate simple these days and not say much - I want to keep my stress down if it is high it affects my blood sugar and besides that its better to be polite and friendly even if we disagree with each other .
I used to get very angry and stressed but now realise it isn't worth it - I prefer to be as calm as I can .Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:39 pm

Good for you, Vod.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:43 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Basketball

Tell that to your chums VoD, gelico and Raggamuffin...

I have yet to see them contributing anything positive or useful to this forum, let alone not seeing them actually "debating" actual sibjects..

Irregardless of how much you serial whiners and whingers may dislike and abuse the likes of me, Andy, veya, Quill and sassy --  constantly mis-labelling us as trolls, liars, "haters", and wishing we were long gone --  at least we do discuss and debate topics on here.

Just unfortunate that InAFlop has to keep sending its third rate trolls and racist trash this way..

Hi wolfie- I try to keep my debate simple these days and not say much - I want to keep my stress down if it is high it affects my blood sugar and besides that its better to be polite and friendly even if we disagree with each other .
I used to get very angry and stressed but now realise it isn't worth it - I prefer to be as calm as I can .Smile

+1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:39 pm

eddie wrote:Good for you, Vod.

Thanks eddie x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:31 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
eddie wrote:

You might have found my two horsepower garden leaf blower a bit too much of a challenge though, Edds............

(I shall now await the predictable censure of the immaculately and predictably political correct Sassy for making an obviously inappropriate  and unwarranted sexual comment, not that anything of that nature even entered my mind...)

Don't be ludicrous, why would I care. Your equipment is older than my equipment if you were alive during the war lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3