NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scientists entered people’s dreams and got them ‘talking’

4 posters

Go down

Scientists entered people’s dreams and got them ‘talking’ Empty Scientists entered people’s dreams and got them ‘talking’

Post by Didgee Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:11 pm

In the movie Inception, Leonardo DiCaprio enters into other people’s dreams to interact with them and steal secrets from their subconscious. Now, it seems this science fiction plot is one baby step closer to reality. For the first time, researchers have had “conversations” involving novel questions and math problems with lucid dreamers—people who are aware that they are dreaming. The findings, from four labs and 36 participants, suggest people can receive and process complex external information while sleeping.

“This work challenges the foundational definitions of sleep,” says cognitive neuroscientist Benjamin Baird of the University of Wisconsin, Madison, who studies sleep and dreams but was not part of the study. Traditionally, he says, sleep has been defined as a state in which the brain is disconnected and unaware of the outside world.

Lucid dreaming got one of its first mentions in the writings of Greek philosopher Aristotle in the fourth century B.C.E., and scientists have observed it since the 1970s in experiments about the rapid eye movement (REM) phase of sleep, when most dreaming occurs. One in every two people has had at least one lucid dream, about 10% of people experience them once a month or more. Although rare, this ability to recognize you are in a dream—and even control some aspects of it—can be enhanced with training. A few studies have tried to communicate with lucid dreamers using stimuli such as lights, shocks, and sounds to “enter” people’s dreams. But these recorded only minimal responses from the sleepers and did not involve complex transmission of information.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021/02/scientists-entered-peoples-dreams-and-got-them-talking

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Scientists entered people’s dreams and got them ‘talking’ Empty Re: Scientists entered people’s dreams and got them ‘talking’

Post by eddie Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:08 pm

Just wow Shocked
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Scientists entered people’s dreams and got them ‘talking’ Empty Re: Scientists entered people’s dreams and got them ‘talking’

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:16 pm

eddie wrote:Just wow Shocked

Been having lucid dreams since forever. You kind of step outside your dream and suddenly become aware that you're in the dream but in control of it. It's the weirdest thing. That's the only way I can describe what I've experienced. Then there's remote viewing, another interesting phenomenon.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:18 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
eddie wrote:Just wow Shocked

Been having lucid dreams since forever.   You kind of step outside your dream and suddenly become aware that you're in the dream but in control of it.  It's the weirdest thing.   That's the only way I can describe what I've experienced.    Then there's remote viewing, another interesting phenomenon.

It’s happened to me a few times too. I had an OOBE once - it was the freakiest thing ever!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:24 pm

Makes me wonder if those tapes they used to sell people to listen to while they were asleep, telling them to stop smoking or to lose weight, actually had some validity!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down