NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do men kill their children when relationships break down?

+4
eddie
SEXY MAMA
Fuzzy Zack
Raggamuffin
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Why do men kill their children when relationships break down? Empty Why do men kill their children when relationships break down?

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:57 am

In UK News SM posted a story of a Utah policeman who shot dead his British wife, her mother and their children when she found videos that showed he had been drugging her, raping her while she was drugged, and filming it.

Then on Sky there was this one:

Father Kills Four Children Before Surrendering
A gunman kills four of his children and two adults before a dramatic three-hour stand-off in a suburban area in Texas.
A father has shot dead four of his children after opening fire at a house in Texas.

The suspect also killed two adults and critically wounded his 15-year-old daughter before armed officers chased and cornered his silver car in Spring, a Houston suburb.

The suspected gunman eventually surrendered after a nearly three-hour stand-off with police.

First, he led police on a nearly half-hour pursuit, then his car was sandwiched between two police trucks in a residential cul-de-sac a few miles from the scene of the killings.

Despite being surrounded by marksmen, the suspect remained "cool as a cucumber", Sergeant Thomas Gilliland said.

There were "two hours of constant talking with a man armed with a pistol to his head and who had just killed six people", he said.

After lengthy negotiations the suspect emerged from the vehicle with his hands raised, sinking to his knees before being arrested and detained.

When police arrived at the scene at around 6pm, they found two adults and three children dead.

Another child later died at a hospital.

The victims were two boys, aged four and 14, and two girls, aged seven and nine. The dead adults were a 39-year-old man and a 33-year-old woman.

The gunman and his wife are estranged, and she was out of state at the time of the killings. Two of the dead children were adopted.

Assistant Chief Deputy Constable Mark Herman said: "It appears this stems from a domestic issue with a breakup in the family from what our witness has told us."

Authorities did not release the victims' identities and did not say whether the adults who were killed were related to the children or their father.

The wounded teenager was able to call 911 and later warned deputies that her father planned to go to her grandparents' home to kill them, Sgt Gilliland said.

http://news.sky.com/story/1298299/father-kills-four-children-before-surrendering

Now, I'm not saying that women never do it, but time and time again you read of men doing this. Why? Revenge? Or is it more complicated. It's something that happens so many times I think it should be studied to find out what the triggers are (excuse the pun) so that the deaths can be minimised.

Back to top Go down

Why do men kill their children when relationships break down? Empty Re: Why do men kill their children when relationships break down?

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:35 pm

Revenge, despair.

Men can't be men any more, can they?

Or maybe these men are being men, but not the modern men society expects.

Back to top Go down

Why do men kill their children when relationships break down? Empty Re: Why do men kill their children when relationships break down?

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:41 pm

Oh, I getcha BA, men are being men when they kill their children. My, you don't have a very high opinion of your own sex do you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:58 pm

Because they often have their lives taken away from them? The mother usually gets custody, and the man has to make do with fleeting visits.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:38 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Revenge, despair.

Please shut up with your pathetic nonsense!

Condemn the bastards when they do wrong, you idiot!
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:39 pm

Had the OP been from the religion of Islam

I would be reading some very different answers..... Just saying
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:46 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:

What was wrong with his answer?

There's this "ideal life" which is shoved down people's throats all the time - the perfect home, spouse, car, 2.2 children, etc. If someone feels that's been taken away from them, they might get very depressed and desperate.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:48 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

There's this "ideal life" which is shoved down people's throats all the time - the perfect home, spouse, car, 2.2 children, etc. If someone feels that's been taken away from them, they might get very depressed and desperate.

Exactly what I said before.....
The condemnation is missing!
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:56 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well the question was why they do it. I don't think they're all evil monsters.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:56 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

Killing your children is considered evil in my book

I really don't care about the reasons
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:06 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

OK.

Some people might have other theories which are just as valid.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:49 pm

Men that do this are cowards: the reasons may be tenfold and valid in their own minds but to actually take the lives of your own children is a cowardly and evil act.

This act is almost always planned too: hose pipe to the car, shooting, etc so this isn't so much an impulsive crime of passion.

The main reason is revenge: the man cannot live without his wife and children so he takes the final revenge on his wife by taking away her children - a bit like "if you're going to live without me then you're going to be miserable forever"

Should we feel pity for them? Yes, when they first lose everything and feel as if their world has been ripped apart - I think that's probably a terrible torture for a true family man.
If they commit suicide it's understandable albeit a horrid thing to do to you children.

But the pity has to stop when the man decides to take the innocent lives of children away for his own selfish means; even if it's a religious one whereby he believes they'll all be together in the after life.
It's murder. Cold, calculated murder.

The person I pity is the childless mother whose only crime was to extricate herself from a relationship that she no longer wanted.
She has to live in eternal hell.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:10 pm

Father's killing their children is often to 'get to' the wife, who may be no longer want anything to do with the father...or like a kind of. "If I can't have you then nobody can".

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:09 pm

eddie wrote:Men that do this are cowards: the reasons may be tenfold and valid in their own minds but to actually take the lives of your own children is a cowardly and evil act.

This act is almost always planned  too: hose pipe to the car, shooting, etc so this isn't so much an impulsive crime of passion.  

The main reason is revenge: the man cannot live without his wife and children so he takes the final revenge on his wife by taking away her children - a bit like "if you're going to live without me then you're going to be miserable forever"

Should we feel pity for them? Yes, when they first lose everything and feel as if their world has been ripped apart - I think that's probably a terrible torture for a true family man.
If they commit suicide it's understandable albeit a horrid thing to do to you children.

But the pity has to stop when the man decides to take the  innocent lives of children away for his own selfish means; even if it's a religious one whereby he believes they'll all be together in the after life.

The person I pity is the childless mother whose only crime was to extricate herself from a relationship that she no longer wanted.

If she didn't want the relationship she could have left the children with him.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:13 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:

I was answering the question.

The thread asks a question, it doesn't ask all the forum members to come on, pick sides and start abusing each other, although that's what most will do, i guess...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:21 pm

Andy, when I asked the question, you responded with:

Do you honestly think other men would agree that these men are 'being men', and if they didn't agree, would you question you own mindset that makes you think that? Because my opinion is, if you seriously think that 'men are being men' by killing their children, you are coming from a very strange and rather scarey angle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:33 pm

Sassy wrote:Andy, when I asked the question, you responded with:

Do you honestly think other men would agree that these men are 'being men', and if they didn't agree, would you question you own mindset that makes you think that?   Because my opinion is, if you seriously think that 'men are being men' by killing their children, you are coming from a very strange and rather scarey angle.

Makes me think that?

I am questioning - hence why i pondered "maybe these men are being men".

I'm highly intelligent Sassy, hence why i ponder, question, think.

And when i state facts, they are always facts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:37 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Sassy wrote:Andy, when I asked the question, you responded with:

Do you honestly think other men would agree that these men are 'being men', and if they didn't agree, would you question you own mindset that makes you think that?   Because my opinion is, if you seriously think that 'men are being men' by killing their children, you are coming from a very strange and rather scarey angle.

Makes me think that?

Well, I'm afraid to say that if you are pondering that these are 'men being men' it reflects on what you think men are. And that in its turn, reflects on you.

Your final sentence is pure fiction lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:25 pm

Sassy wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Makes me think that?

Well, I'm afraid to say that if you are pondering that these are 'men being men' it reflects on what you think men are.   And that in its turn, reflects on you.    

Your final sentence is pure fiction lol

My what a sheltered life you've led Sassy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:30 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Why do you see everything as revenge (cognitive theorists call this the reward and punishment model)?  I don't want to speak for her, but sassy raised a very interesting question.  If we could find out more about this pathology, we might be able to treat disasters before they happen.  Who was it that mentioned feelings of inadequacy (Fuzzy Zack)?  That's an excellent avenue to pursue.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:39 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:Men that do this are cowards: the reasons may be tenfold and valid in their own minds but to actually take the lives of your own children is a cowardly and evil act.

This act is almost always planned  too: hose pipe to the car, shooting, etc so this isn't so much an impulsive crime of passion.  

But the pity has to stop when the man decides to take the  innocent lives of children away for his own selfish means; even if it's a religious one whereby he believes they'll all be together in the after life.

Firstly Raggs, just because someone doesn't want the relationship anymore doesn't mean that the "loser" gets to keep the kids!!
Why should she be made to leave her children just because she no longer wants the father?

Mosly, not always, the mother is the one that raises the children whilst the man goes to work - or if they both work she will still do the lions share of the children-led responsibilities.

Usually, the man has the "main" job and is the main breadwinner, so it seems fit to say that he will be the one to leave the family home and set up somewhere else (particularly if it can be afforded and both parents don't wish the children to leave their home).

Of course there are exceptions to this and everyone's circumstances dictate different scenarios but in the main, this is the reality of break-ups.

In an ideal world we'd fall in love, mothers would stay at home until the the children are five and at full time school and everyone would live happily ever after.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:41 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Firstly Raggs, just because someone doesn't want the relationship anymore doesn't mean that the "loser" gets to keep the kids!!
Why should she be made to leave her children  just because she no longer wants the father?

Mosly, not always, the mother is the one that raises the children whilst the man goes to work - or if they both work she will still do the lions share of the children-led responsibilities.

Usually, the man has the "main" job and is the main breadwinner, so it seems fit to say that he will be the one to leave the family home and set up somewhere else (particularly if it can be afforded and both parents don't wish the children to leave their home).

Of course there are exceptions to this and everyone's circumstances dictate different scenarios but in the main, this is the reality of break-ups.

In an ideal world we'd fall in love, mothers would stay at home until the the children are five and at full time school and everyone would live happily ever after.

lol rubbish.

All of that is your ideal world eddie.

Every line.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:02 pm

Good post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:22 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
eddie wrote:

Why should she be made to leave her children  just because she no longer wants the father?

lol  rubbish.

Every line.

Well, tell you for free BA, if I was in a relationship with a man who pondered for a second that perhaps another man killed his children because 'he might just be being a man', the person I was in that relationship with would be on the street so fast he'd think he'd learnt to fly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:24 pm

Sassy wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

lol  rubbish.

Every line.

Well, tell you for free BA, if I was in a relationship with a man who pondered for a second that perhaps another man killed his children because 'he might just be being a man', the person I was in that relationship with would be on the street so fast he'd think he'd learnt to fly.

I don't know how to break this to you Sassy, but i think we're incompatible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:31 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well, you are pursuing a script here, eds.  Dewey, John, How We Think.  I'd rather see  the research.  I may agree with you, but I'd like to see it in scientific terms.  Even Nems, by her profession, speaks from experience.  Experience is science...a little bit.  Or reading...that can be science, too.  I'd like to see the science.

Last edited by Original Quill on Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:32 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Sassy wrote:

:-:cawg:-: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:32 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Hate to tell you BA, but I never thought anything else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:33 pm

Nems wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

:-:cawg:-: 

Put the lemon away and start sucking on the next one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:38 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:

Well, you are pursuing a script here, eds.  Dewey, John, How We Think.  I'd rather see  the research.  I may agree with you, but I'd like to see it in scientific terms.  Even Nems, by her profession, speaks from experience.  Experience is science...a little bit.  Or reading...that can be scce, too.  I'd like to see the science.

I think research shows that both men and women can do terrible things after separation regarding child access etc.
Thank God most now discount Richard Gardner's PAS rubbish, but there is no doubt that people get down and dirty. Having said that, its difficult to imagine the state of mind that kills your kids to hurt your ex.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:45 pm

All the more reason...

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:00 pm

I have noted that more often than not when men kill their children they also kill themselves and a significant amount of the survivors did not intend to survive.

On the other hand when women kill their children they more often than not do not kill themselves - and are generally excused by society under the banner "post natal depression" or just mere depression.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:00 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

One could ask the question - why should he lose his children just because she no longer wants him? Can you not see the resentment that could cause if a bloke suddenly loses his home and his children because his wife is fed up with him? It's all very well being "practical" about it, but clearly if a man kills his children and then himself he's beyond being practical.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:19 pm

There is no justification ever for killing children.

And a man killing his own child following a break up with the mother is very disturbing,surely that man should love his children and never want to harm them,no matter what happens with his wife?

I find it odd that anyone is attempting to offer any genuine justification for this
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:29 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:

And a man killing his own child following a break up with the mother is very disturbing,surely that man should love his children and never want to harm them,no matter  what happens with his wife?

I find it odd that anyone is attempting to offer any genuine justification for this

Is post natal depression or depression a justification for when a woman kills her children?

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:57 pm

sphinx wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

And a man killing his own child following a break up with the mother is very disturbing,surely that man should love his children and never want to harm them,no matter  what happens with his wife?

Is post natal depression or depression a justification for when a woman kills her children?

Nope.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:58 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

OK.

Some people might have other theories which are just as valid.

They might and thats there view.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:59 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
sphinx wrote:

Nope.

So why is it always used as a defence when women kill their kids? Why do so many women who use it get let off with next to no punishment?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:02 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Hahahahahahaha you think?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:03 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:

One could ask the question - why should he lose his children just because she no longer wants him? Can you not see the resentment that could cause if a bloke suddenly loses his home and his children because his wife is fed up with him? It's all very well being "practical" about it, but clearly if a man kills his children and then himself he's beyond being practical.

I agree entirely
But it's still a selfish and evil act whichever what you want to turn it.

It's still cold-blooded murder.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:03 pm

eddie wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

How thankful am I  Twisted Evil cheers lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:04 pm

sphinx wrote:I have noted that more often than not when men kill their children they also kill themselves and a significant amount of the survivors did not intend to survive.

On the other hand when women kill their children they more often than not do not kill themselves - and are generally excused by society under the banner "post natal depression" or just mere depression.

Good point.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:04 pm

sphinx wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

Nope.

So why is it always used as a defence when women kill their kids?  Why do so many women who use it get let off with next to no punishment?

Because they can......

Its really as simple as that
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:06 pm

Sassy wrote:
eddie wrote:

How thankful am I  Twisted Evil cheers lol! 

Hahahahaha
No snotty lemon comment for Eddie!
You daft old bat
 jocolor  jocolor 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:09 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
sphinx wrote:

So why is it always used as a defence when women kill their kids?  Why do so many women who use it get let off with next to no punishment?

Because they can......

But why can they?

Does society really see the men as monsters and the women as suffering? Is it beyond possibility that the women may be monsters or the men may be suffering as much as the women - more if successful suicide is a measure?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:12 pm

sphinx wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

Because they can......

But why can they?

Does society really see the men as monsters and the women as suffering?  Is it beyond possibility that the women may be monsters or the men may be suffering as much as the women - more if successful suicide is a measure?

Society or the judiciary?
There is the chivalry factor at work in the judiciary as well as worthy victim status etc.
Women's extreme behaviour can be explained by hormones or post natal depression etc. Is there an equivalent defence for men?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:16 pm

Nems wrote:
sphinx wrote:

But why can they?

Does society really see the men as monsters and the women as suffering?  Is it beyond possibility that the women may be monsters or the men may be suffering as much as the women - more if successful suicide is a measure?

There is the chivalry factor at work in the judiciary as well as worthy victim status etc.
Women's extreme behaviour can be explained  by hormones or post natal depression etc. Is there an equivalent defence for men?

There should be - men are affected by the same hormones as women. Men get depressed.

It is not just the judiciary though - it is society. The very media themselves who will present a man kills children and self with him as bad guy while presenting a woman kills children and not herself as her suffering from something and being a victim.

Even ordinary people - is the title this thread about people or parents killing their children? Is there reference to the woman on trial right now for killing her children while their father was away? No - it is about men and references men.

I dont like that. (in case you hadn't noticed lol)

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:20 pm

sphinx wrote:
Nems wrote:

Women's extreme behaviour can be explained  by hormones or post natal depression etc. Is there an equivalent defence for men?

There should be - men are affected by the same hormones as women.  Men get depressed.

It is not just the judiciary though - it is society.  The very media themselves who will present a man kills children and self with him as bad guy while presenting a woman kills children and not herself as her suffering from something and being a victim.

Even ordinary people - is the title this thread about people or parents killing their children?  Is there reference to the woman on trial right now for killing her children while their father was away?  No - it is about men and references men.

I dont like that.  (in case you hadn't noticed lol)

As i dont believe in pnd as an excuse for women killing children i feel the same for Men doing it.

There is no excuse.

No matter how depressed they get they always have a choice.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next