NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elephant cries after being unchained for the first time in 50 years

+4
eddie
Fluffyx
Ben Reilly
veya_victaous
8 posters

Go down

Elephant cries after being unchained for the first time in 50 years Empty Elephant cries after being unchained for the first time in 50 years

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:29 am

These incredible pictures show the moment an elephant who was held in chains and beaten and abused for fifty years cried as he was released to freedom.

Raju the elephant was left bleeding from spiked shackles and living on hand-outs from passing tourists after he was captured and tied up by his ‘owner’.

But, after 50 years of torture, the animal cried tears of relief after he was rescued by a wildlife charity in a daring midnight operation – fittingly on American Independence Day.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2682388/Incredible-sight-elephant-cried-Raju-held-chains-beaten-abused-fifty-years-day-released-tears-rolled-face.html

Elephant cries after being unchained for the first time in 50 years Article-2682388-1F6E1EA200000578-509_634x523
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Elephant cries after being unchained for the first time in 50 years Empty Re: Elephant cries after being unchained for the first time in 50 years

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:06 am

Elephant cries after being unchained for the first time in 50 years Article-2682388-1F6E1EB300000578-264_634x422

That shot looks eerily like any human being might look with their legs shackled; truly heartbreaking but hopefully the rest of his life will be a lot better.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Elephant cries after being unchained for the first time in 50 years Empty Re: Elephant cries after being unchained for the first time in 50 years

Post by Fluffyx Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:56 am

Raju will at least be able to live a normal life now.

The cruelty of the human animal never ceases to amaze me.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:41 pm

50 YEARS LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Words cannot describe what I would do to the person who did that!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:57 pm

Oh man ,what a shame, I've not got any words strong enough to describe a monster who would abuse a beautiful living creature like this, so I will leave them nameless.

50 years like that...I know Elephants generally live a long time, sadly this elephant will most likely have health complications for the rest of its life...

But at least it's ' free' now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:19 pm

It's just unbelievable that no-one did anything before.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:34 pm

It's unlikely the elephant cried because it was set free.

Sorry.

Nice story though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:59 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:It's unlikely the elephant cried because it was set free.

Sorry.

Nice story though.

Who knows Andy? They have feelings too.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:24 pm

I'm sure I read somewhere that only humans cry tears?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:47 pm

...according to this discovery article..Elephant calves do cry tears.

http://news.discovery.com/animals/zoo-animals/do-animals-cry-130917.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:16 am

eddie wrote:I'm sure I read somewhere that only humans cry tears?

well they where wrong. Much like for years some people were trying to push the idea that fish don't have feelings. Really A lot of the "only humans do this" is lies to make people feel better about the horrible way we treat animals.

Rhino
Elephant cries after being unchained for the first time in 50 years 6062671379_a93ca4cb50_z

Horse
Elephant cries after being unchained for the first time in 50 years Crying-horse

Elephant
Elephant cries after being unchained for the first time in 50 years Crying-elephant-670

Camel
Elephant cries after being unchained for the first time in 50 years 2220772_238715_2d5232424e_p

Deer
Elephant cries after being unchained for the first time in 50 years B47d90aa2c2bea754a1fe92c33a3db01
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:34 am

Oh they are so sad!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:25 am

UPDATE

RAJU the elephant who stole the world’s heart when he was seen crying when shown freedom after 50 years of brutal treatment has been introduced to his new family in a truly magical moment.

This week footage of the male elephant went viral after he was released from the captivity in Uttar Pradesh in India and now it looks like the brave bull might get a happy ending.

Raju was today introduced to Phoolkali, the first member of what will be his new elephant family. The two met for the first time and enjoyed a meal together. Eventually they will run free within the conservation area and become a herd.

Phoolkali, meaning blooming flower, was also a rescued “begging elephant”, saved by Wildlife SOS two years ago.

It too was a dramatic rescue as the owners would not let her go and forceful action had to be taken. She had a huge abscess, caused from many beatings, on her head that took many months to heal.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/raju-the-elephant-slave-meets-his-new-family-for-the-first-time/story-fnjwkt0b-1226983396082
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:27 am

Elephant cries after being unchained for the first time in 50 years 398776-7e1638c0-073a-11e4-8f5c-fd2015ae61d5

Video At source
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:30 am

Oh Veya, looking at that made me cry, that poor thing, I'm so glad he now knows there are good people in the world.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:46 am

But are animals crying through emotion?
That's my point.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:52 am

50 YEARS???????

Poor Raju
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:33 pm

eddie wrote:But are animals crying through emotion?
That's my point.

Water coming from the eyes does not mean an animal is crying.

Fly down a hill on a bike on a cold morning shortly after waking up - you'll see!  ::D:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:51 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
eddie wrote:But are animals crying through emotion?
That's my point.

Fly down a hill on a bike on a cold morning shortly after waking up - you'll see!    ::D:: 

Well that was kinda my point actually. Are they "tears" of emotion? Or just a reflex of something?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:51 pm

My instinct is from past ducation Elephants can cry so maybe pure relief..........

Wonderful post.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:51 pm

eddie wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Fly down a hill on a bike on a cold morning shortly after waking up - you'll see!    ::D:: 

Well that was kinda my point actually. Are they "tears" of emotion? Or just a reflex of something?

I agree with you and andy. We all have anthropomorphic sympathiess, but that's all it is.

Last edited by Original Quill on Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:53 pm

OMG, how can anyone be so cruel Elephant cries after being unchained for the first time in 50 years Smiley22

Thank goodness he's been rescued, heartbreaking  Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:10 pm

gerber wrote:My instinct is from past ducation Elephants can cry so maybe pure relief..........

Wonderful post.

Well we know they mourn their dead, so why shouldn't the crying be expressive. Humans can be so arrogant and think they are the only ones that feel anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:18 pm

gerber wrote:My instinct is from past ducation Elephants can cry so maybe pure relief..........

I agree they probably cry and feel grief. But nobody can ask her what she's crying over. Could be the wind, as andy suggests, or it could be a sweet memory of a lost child. Even with a human, we can't assume what is making one tear up. You have to ask.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:22 pm

Surely if animals cried, we'd see it a lot lot more frequently?

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:57 pm

We can't possibly know what Raju was feeling or if those tears were emotion  Sad 

All we can do it empathise and imagine what kind of life he had.  Human beings can be oh so cruel, I just can't accept cruelty to animals  No

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:09 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
gerber wrote:
My instinct is from past ducation Elephants can cry so maybe pure relief..........

Wonderful post.

Suspect 

Humans don't have "instincts".   Gerbils, however..

WAS that "education" or "deduction", on your part ?

WHERE is your actual evidence that "Elephants can cry", Ms. gerbil ?

HOW do you know that an elephant feels "pure relief" ? What would impure relief then feel like ?   scratch 

Bee!  You're picking the poor girl apart for colorful language? She's just using a metaphor.

Tho I do feel we ought to be a bit more analytic about this subject.  I think I read somewhere that elephants do have tear ducts....

Elephant cries after being unchained for the first time in 50 years Calf-Elephant-Crying-Eye-1350535

But we still have the issue of whether she was crying or riding a motorcycle.  And, if crying, what about?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:12 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Who knows Andy? They have feelings too.

cyclops 

IT doesn't take feelings to cry...

IT does take tear ducts..

HAS anybody here yet inquired as to whether elephants do have those requisite tear ducts ???   Idea

I'm gonna ask one next time i'm at the zoo.

You never know, they may be able to speak too - we just haven't heard them yet.

The liberal do-gooders would be elated!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:15 pm

They do not possess a lacrimal apparatus - apparently the only animal not to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:41 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Lone Wolf wrote:
 cyclops 

IT doesn't take feelings to cry...

IT does take tear ducts..

HAS anybody here yet inquired as to whether elephants do have those requisite tear ducts ???   Idea

If we get the chance, andy. Tories are carving little ivory trinkets as we speak. Money maker, you see?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:49 pm

Original Quill wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

If we get the chance, andy.  Tories are carving little ivory trinkets as we speak.  Money maker, you see?

Trinkets?

Ewww, how council!

I'm sure a true Tory like Didge would have the full head hanging on his bedsit wall!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:59 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

If we get the chance, andy.  Tories are carving little ivory trinkets as we speak.  Money maker, you see?

Trinkets?

Ewww, how council!

I'm sure a true Tory like Didge would have the full head hanging on  his bedsit wall!

Not a lot of money in big, cumbersome trophies. Little trinkets...there's the thing. Costs nothing, and you can claim they are art.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down